Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Scunthorpe 14/4/2018 post-match views

Comments

• Options

I’ve never been a fan of the loan system and especially nowadays when higher clubs hoover up all the local kids but it’s part of modern football and therefore I have to except it.
    Kaikai, is everything I dislike about loans. I can only imagine he has a clause in his loan agreement that says he must play. Yesterday his 45 minutes was the worst of a very poor lot.

I genuinely didn't realise he was playing. The invisible man.
    You’ve hit the nail on the head. I’d go a bit further and say he didn’t play.
    To be fair to him it was an all round team performance of total kak.
    We have fallen so far now if we drew a championship team in a cup we would be talked as potential giant killers.
    Even my Millwall rooted mother feels sorry for us now.
    It's even worse than that. I've got a Palace supporting mate (sorry) and even he feels sorry for us.
  • Options
    My comment about the ref was deleted
  • Options
    Let's see where we are at 5pm next Saturday
  • Options

I’ve never been a fan of the loan system and especially nowadays when higher clubs hoover up all the local kids but it’s part of modern football and therefore I have to except it.
    Kaikai, is everything I dislike about loans. I can only imagine he has a clause in his loan agreement that says he must play. Yesterday his 45 minutes was the worst of a very poor lot.

tbf he was even worse away to MK, I have no idea what Bowyer has seen in training as all the games I've seen him play (all homes & away at MK, Peterborough, Northants & Wimbledon) he has done less than zero. Not scored & if his free kicks are anything to go by then he wont for a month of sundays.

and to think we let KAG go out on loan to bring him in.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Can't believe we've gone from the predictability of one system to the predictability of another. It's crazy that average League One teams can suss us out so easily.

I don't know how the average age of our team compares to other teams, but we look like a bunch of kids out there sometimes.

Our best players on current form appear to be Amos, Page/Dasilva, Reeves and Fosu. Maybe Bauer on a good day? And only a couple of weeks ago many of us were hoping we'd sign Zyro. Ok, some of us, at least. What happened to Mavididi, our great saviour. And the return to form of the prodigal son, Ajose, seems to have petered out, before it really got started.

It's driving me, and by the sounds of it, many of you, nuts.

Where's the Prozac....

Sports Analysts - simples.

Possibly the scourge of our game but, at the same time, every Manager and Coach know they are being monitored 24-7 so they should, on that basis, have plans B & C in place - and there lies the problem.

Yesterday, the only way we were going to get at them was by getting behind them yet DaSilva and Dijksteel never overlapped and always looked to slow the ball and come inside. So we had no width and also no pace up front to run the channels until Fosu and Mav came on, by which time Scunthorpe had smashed and grabbed their goal and parked the bus.
    Credit to Scunny as they doubled up on the flanks and blocked wide runs.

Sports Analysts - how many foreign players do you see come in and set the place alight - for a handful of games until teams work out a system to stop them.
    Igor, springs to mind, as does Gabbiadini at Saints.

Really that simple.
  • Options
    Well, what ever it was that Lord Bowyer said to them for his first 3 games has well and truly worn off. The team has reverted back to the same awful side they were under Robinson. Whilst the Playoffs are still achievable, they're not very likely now. The sooner the season ends and Roland sells up the better!
  • Options
    The protest's should never have been stopped! As it was the only way to tell the club what we really feel
  • Options

Just over 150 comments in a thread like this is actually comparatively low for a loss and disappointing performance.

It's expected now, and people care less than they used to !
  • Options
    I noticed, and mentioned, how few "likes" I got compared to other games, when doing the match commentary. I never expect any, and do not do it for this reason, but it showed me the lack of interest by fans reading it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

I think if we are still 2 points behind 6th then (3 at worst), I still feel there will a chance. 4, 5 or 6 it will be Everest. 7 or more it's a mathmatical impossibilty.
  • Options
    Shocking performance . Message to Lee BOWYER , don't pick Kaika for the Shrewsbury game , he offers nothing .
  • Options
    Can some explain why we have stopped all the anti-roland chants?
  • Options

Saving everything up for the Blackburn game then he can have
  • Options
    Both barrels.
    I am sure we can come up with something.
  • Options
    Just sell the club and FUCK
  • Options
    Off
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Drove away from Northampton with renewed faith and misplaced certainty that we were Wembley bound.
    Wow.....what a difference two weeks can make!
    Simply inexplicable.....well not exactly I suppose. We are after all talking about Charlton Athletic a club that continues to confound all but the insane, both on and off the pitch.
    These last three results have without doubt been as disappointing and inexplicable as any group of results that I can remember in my sixty years as an Addick.
  • Options

tbf he was even worse away to MK, I have no idea what Bowyer has seen in training as all the games I've seen him play (all homes & away at MK, Peterborough, Northants & Wimbledon) he has done less than zero. Not scored & if his free kicks are anything to go by then he wont for a month of sundays.

and to think we let KAG go out on loan to bring him in.
    Tbh he never got the ball against MK. He occupied a defender, that was it.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

I suppose we will have to see at 10 on Tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dreadful again, last time I'm ever getting aboard the hype train and bigging up the team unless we actually do something significant. I jumped the gun at the start of the season and said we would get play offs comfortably and I felt the same after we beat Northampton, fast forward from then and we look crap again. I simply don't understand it.

Amos as usual had a decent game, Anfernee was rubbish, Bauer didn't look up for it, Pearce looked awkward, can't pass a ball to save his life, JDS wasn't his usual self. Then you go further up the pitch and it gets worse, Ajose was Churchesque, worked hard but never looked all that threatening, Josh useless, Zyro even more so, KaiKai should never play for us again, Fosu ok but just lacks a footballing brain at times. Reeves was just running around making up numbers, JFC wasn't awful but I expect more from him cause he's played at a higher level, Aribo showing why he is still just raw potential.

Overall just feeling deflated again. Sounds bad but I just don't fancy going Pompey now. I don't mind losing but it's the manner in it how it happens, if we get unlucky fine, if we get played off the park fine but the lack of effort yesterday was frightening. None of them looked like they fancied a play off push.

I don't think it's over yet but if we play like that on Tuesday Shrewsbury will give us a real hiding. I would say we need to win all 4 games now to make play offs and I just don't see it. Massive opportunity missed yesterday, all results went our way and we could have beat a play off rival, even a draw would have been a good result. What a shame
  • Options

My comment about the ref was deleted

Because it was a stupid comment (like most of your post match comments when we lose) and was deleted for your own benefit
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Dreadful again, last time I'm ever getting aboard the hype train and bigging up the team unless we actually do something significant. I jumped the gun at the start of the season and said we would get play offs comfortably and I felt the same after we beat Northampton, fast forward from then and we look crap again. I simply don't understand it.

Amos as usual had a decent game, Anfernee was rubbish, Bauer didn't look up for it, Pearce looked awkward, can't pass a ball to save his life, JDS wasn't his usual self. Then you go further up the pitch and it gets worse, Ajose was Churchesque, worked hard but never looked all that threatening, Josh useless, Zyro even more so, KaiKai should never play for us again, Fosu ok but just lacks a footballing brain at times. Reeves was just running around making up numbers, JFC wasn't awful but I expect more from him cause he's played at a higher level, Aribo showing why he is still just raw potential.

Overall just feeling deflated again. Sounds bad but I just don't fancy going Pompey now. I don't mind losing but it's the manner in it how it happens, if we get unlucky fine, if we get played off the park fine but the lack of effort yesterday was frightening. None of them looked like they fancied a play off push.

I don't think it's over yet but if we play like that on Tuesday Shrewsbury will give us a real hiding. I would say we need to win all 4 games now to make play offs and I just don't see it. Massive opportunity missed yesterday, all results went our way and we could have beat a play off rival, even a draw would have been a good result. What a shame

Sums up exactly how I feel. I posted last night when knackered after the upbeats walk and having been out to dinner and a few drinks. After a good night’s sleep and a day’s reflection, I feel just as fed up. I simply can’t understand, despite all the background nonsense, how a team that was so fired up and talented two weeks ago can now look as though they don’t give a stuff. And I’m sorry, I just don’t buy the tiredness story. Get up at six and do my job for a month guys and you’ll know what tiredness feels like. I’ve got use to us being inconsistent and to the constant let downs. But yesterday was a real kick in the teeth. Utterly deflating.
  • Options

Now squirrel has gone, no one there to hear them
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    kafka said:

Now squirrel has gone, no one there to hear them
    But he watches all the games on his tablet ;-)
  • Options

A couple of wins and the prospect of a trip to Wembley.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

I think Duchatelet gave more than one message when he gave Bowyer the job until the end of the season. How else can you explain such a change in form from from those first three wins? Something has turned off the players big time since.

Bowyer changed the system and tactics. The first opponents would have been caught unawares. The next two opponents would have had us watched only the once, so wouldn't have had time to plan properly. By the time a new manager has got to the fourth game, the opposition would have had two looks and come up with a game-plan.

The new manager bounce, is often the opposition managers been unfamiliar with the tactics. The more games the new manager plays, the more everyone picks up his tactics, and the bounce ends.

Let's see how he adjusts.

That explains it to a degree, but Bowyer seemed to bring more than just a change of tactics.
    The players whole mindset seemed to have changed, like they had been released from their shackles and suddenly started to play with freedom and confidence.
    And now.....
    It's like the film Awakenings has been transposed to a football setting :smile:
  • Options
    Some of it has to do with the loanees imo. They don't have a vested interest and very unlikely to be here next season. Why bust a gut (and break a leg ?) to get us into the play-offs. Not saying they don't care but don't need to put in 110% effort. 3 weeks time they can be sunning themselves in Spain, Dubai etc & will most likely playing in the Championship in any case (don't think any will be playing in the Premiership but not likely League 1 either).

Better to play players contracted to the club who want to prove themselves & play at a higher level. Not all the reason why there had been a dip in form, but just a 10% "not bothered" attitude (pulling out of a challenge or not making that lung bursting run) could make a difference.