Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon v Charlton | Tue 10 Apr | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I'd consider starting with Josh for this one.
  • Options
    Was he speaking from a police cell ?? Very drab surroundings.
  • Options

ross1 said:
    Bowyer seems to come from the Curbs school of excitement!

Not a bad thing.

Both from the same neck of the woods.
  • Options
    If we get 3 points tonight, and then us and Plymouth both get 3 points on the weekend then I think we'll be in a perfect position to go and hold Portsmouth to a draw at the very least and secure the playoffs.
  • Options

And if they haven't completely fallen away, a very tasty Portsmouth v Peterboro fixture on the final day.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

Lose tonight and I think the season is over, if we cant beat this lot what hope do we have against Portsmouth, Blackburn etc....

Even a draw would probably kill off the momentum built by the 3 wins.

This is Charlton

Lost count the number of times I've seen us struggling in games we should win at a canter, yet then really turn up and get a victory in the matches where a win doesnt seem likely
    Exactly this, Im not confident about this game at all.

Weirdly Ill probably be more confident of a win at Portsmouth!

We are also the worst local derby team in the history of sport.
    Strange but true ?
    Only in last few seasons.
    Plus Millwall and Palace always.

I have seen us beat Chelsea and West ham on several occasions plus Spurs on a couple.
    Arsenal just the away game but our record was decent when we were in the Premier but is shocking since with losses to Gillingham, Wimbledon and Orient.
    Our record against "non local" London teams is pretty decent, but shocking against our actual rivals!
    Fulham weve been toilet against.

QPR are the only team I can recall a couple of decent wins against.

Maybe Brentford too?

In your face QPR and Brentford!!!
    Unbeaten against Barnet in 6 meetings :smile:

• Options
    iamdan said:

Played Fifa game between the 2 last night, ended 1-1 with a Harry Lennon thunderbolt equaliser, so I’ll go with that.

Was it an own goal by Harry?
  • Options
    I Have a spare for tonigh, away end of course, I Lolive locally so can meet outside ground or pub in new Malden
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm going for a 2-0 win tonight to bring back that "feel good" factor. COYR!!
  • Options
    Ledge said:

I Have a spare for tonigh, away end of course, I Lolive locally so can meet outside ground or pub in new Malden

Still available mate?
  • Options
    Ledge said:

May i take this ticket off of your hands please? Very much appreciated...can meet at pub or ground prior to game? Cheers
  • Options
    1-2
    Lawrie Sanchez for them, Jimmy Giles and Kinsella for us.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Uboat said:

They're on the brink of relegation for a reason. Odd that some posters think that we can win the playoffs, but can't beat the team 20th in the league.
    3-1 to us.

But that's the nature of the league this year. It's quite topsy turvy and it seems on their day just about anyone can beat anyone. I think there's more strength in depth in this league than sometimes we give it credit for.

AFCW have conceded fewer than we have, they're just down near the bottom because they're averaging just under a goal a game. Ans they're exactly the type of team we've struggled against this year, big, physical, compact, sit deep and counter directly. And the game will be played on (I'm assuming) a shit pitch which will benefit them.

If this were November I'd probably take a draw. But given the chasing pack we need to win our games to make sure we make the playoffs. I thunk tonight is a huge test for us. Win and we should feel very good and very confident, drop points and our situation becomes more difficult.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

They're on the brink of relegation for a reason. Odd that some posters think that we can win the playoffs, but can't beat the team 20th in the league.
    3-1 to us.

Exactly, its not like our recent record against other south london teams would give us anything to worry about.
  • Options
    AlexAnder said:

Ledge said:

Still available mate?

Ledge said:

May i take this ticket off of your hands please? Very much appreciated...can meet at pub or ground prior to game? Cheers
    Half each?
  • Options
    Ticket gone
  • Options
    We have to win this one really. We took a draw on Saturday and 4 dropped points is not going to help us!
  • Options
    4 games in 12 days is tough for any team and I think we need to use the squad tonight. Magennis, Mavididi, Marshal and Konsa in for Ajose, Zyro, KaiKai and Djiksteel.

Perhaps a more conventional 442 with Marshal in the side, with Reeves or Aribo playing on the right, but tucked in like Graham Stuart all those years ago or Bradley Pritchard more recently
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

4 games in 12 days is tough for any team and I think we need to use the squad tonight. Magennis, Mavididi, Marshal and Konsa in for Ajose, Zyro, KaiKai and Djiksteel.

Perhaps a more conventional 442 with Marshal in the side, with Reeves or Aribo playing on the right, but tucked in like Graham Stuart all those years ago or Bradley Pritchard more recently

Graham Stuart played that roll to absolute perfection imo.
  • Options

I just don't think Aribo has the discipline to play in a midfield two. And I think Reeves does better with more freedom than a midfield two allows, and playing him on the right risks isolating him.

I think I wrote this earlier, but I'd be tempted to go 4-1-4-1/4-3-3
    Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce JDS/Sarr/Page (whoever is fit)
    ...............Forster-Caskey
    ...........Reeves........Aribo
    Zyro/Ajose.......Magennis.........Mav/Kaikai

A lot of that front three depends on who is fit/not overly tired. Zyro has played a lot lately coming back from a long term injury, as has Ajose. Obviously Mav is coming back from injury and I don't know if he's 60-70 minutes fit. Marshall would provide some natural width and good defensive cover, but I expect Wimbledon will sit deep and that is not something Marshall does well against, he really needs space to run in to and I think that will be at a premium in this game, especially in an attacking sense.

The nice thing about that formation is you try to overrun them in midfield, and push your three attackers up against their back line, pinning their wingbacks back and/or forcing their central defenders to defend against our wide players. Those runs in behind in whatever space the allow will be so crucial, and it's where Ajose could be really important. The formation would also, hopefully, create a bit more width in the team. With Konsa at RB, and potentially Sarr at LB, we desperately miss the natural width fullbacks are meant to provide in a diamond. As such, I worry about us getting too narrow, and with Wimbledon sitting deep behind the ball with three center backs, I think we could find it really tough to play through them.

And this formation also allows us to go back to the 4-4-2 diamond if needed.
  • Options
    A must win game but with our record against Wimbledon I fear the worst. I think a repeat of the cup game could happen, 3-1 to Wimbledon sadly.
  • Options
    An easier than expected victory not confident enough though to predict a final score line - but 3 points nonetheless and no injuries please :wink:
  • Options
    Easy win, 0-5 with five different goal scorers
  • Options
    Coach has just arrived, Dasilva's here.