Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon v Charlton | Tue 10 Apr | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    We've got better players than them. Our management and playing squad are up for the fight. Bowyer and Jackson have shown they can shape a team to meet the demands of the match. Saturday's minor disappointment will make us even more determined but not nervous.

We'll win.
  • Options
    This game is all about who wants it most and who copes best with pressure.

Wimbledon are fighting for their league lives so a lot rests on this match.

Lee Lee Lee Bowyer and Jacko will hopefully get them up for it.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    After a spare tonight if anyone has one or knows of one going.

If someone could let me know that would be great.
  • Options
    I feel that tonight defines our season - Wimbledon seem a bogey team for us. Hope we win but I can see a dire game and a 2-1 victory for the Dons with CL in full meltdown.

• Options
    Lose tonight and I think the season is over, if we cant beat this lot what hope do we have against Portsmouth, Blackburn etc....

Even a draw would probably kill off the momentum built by the 3 wins.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Lose tonight and I think the season is over, if we cant beat this lot what hope do we have against Portsmouth, Blackburn etc....

This is Charlton

Lost count the number of times I've seen us struggling in games we should win at a canter, yet then really turn up and get a victory in the matches where a win doesnt seem likely
  • Options
    Big banana skin, AFC Wimbledon are the sort of horrible team who we slip up against.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

CAFCTrev said:

This is Charlton

Lost count the number of times I've seen us struggling in games we should win at a canter, yet then really turn up and get a victory in the matches where a win doesnt seem likely
    Exactly this, Im not confident about this game at all.

Weirdly Ill probably be more confident of a win at Portsmouth!

We are also the worst local derby team in the history of sport.
  • Options
    One of those games that you know we shouldn't lose, but like Liverpool tonight if a goal goes the wrong way in the first 15 minutes, it might be a tough night. An early goal for us would help a lot. Otherwise, I can see it being 0-0.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

This is Charlton

Hopefully Bowyer & JJ have instilled in them that you have to work your nuts off, regardless of a teams position!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Comfortable away win 4-0.

You've been right before, Happy Valley. Once :smile:

• Options

Physically tough game aqainst opponents fighting to stave off relegation.

We should have too much for them. But they'll be in our faces and denying us space.
    Let's hope we're really up for this from the first to final whistle.

• Options
    I’m hoping the WiFi holds up in the bar in Gran Canaria tonight. They’ll have the Liverpool/City match on tonight, but I’ll take my tablet.
    This is a big test for the team. Were our good results in Bowyer’s first three matches just another example of new manager bounce?
    I think not. We should now be capable of coping with a physical side. Unless the ref has a mare, I still fancy 2-1.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Big banana skin, AFC Wimbledon are the sort of horrible team who we slip up against.

Yep. we have always struggled against their physicality whenever we've played there. Would love 3 points, but cant see beyond a 1-1 - and, I think would be happy with that- as long as we can win on Sat.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    In a season where even the Jills have done the double over us it would be poignant if the septic Wombles turn us over and end a decidedly average season in the 3rd division.

However, i am on the Bow/JJ happy wagon.

3-0 to the Addicks!
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

This is Charlton

Strange but true ?
    Only in last few seasons.
    Plus Millwall and Palace always.

I have seen us beat Chelsea and West ham on several occasions plus Spurs on a couple.
    Arsenal just the away game but our record was decent when we were in the Premier but is shocking since with losses to Gillingham, Wimbledon and Orient.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

This is Charlton

Strange but true ?

I have seen us beat Chelsea and West ham on several occasions plus Spurs on a couple.
    Arsenal just the away game but our record was decent when we were in the Premier but is shocking since with losses to Gillingham, Wimbledon and Orient.
    Our record against "non local" London teams is pretty decent, but shocking against our actual rivals!
  • Options
    just a quick stat i've attended 16 midweek away matches and never seen us win, and yes i'm attending tonight.
  • Options

just a quick stat i've attended 16 midweek away matches and never seen us win, and yes i'm attending tonight.

Booooooooooooooooooo!

That stat has got to change someday, ' oh what fun it is for @palarsehater to see Charlton win away!'
  • Options
    The vibe i'm getting from my Womble supporting mates, is that their is a bit of discontent amongst the fan's towards Neil Ardley (bored with Ardley, who has been there a long time, and fans feel they should be doing better in the league). This means if Wimbledon just sit back, and let us constantly attack, the crowd will start getting on the player's backs, which can only benefit us!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

This is Charlton

Strange but true ?

Our record against "non local" London teams is pretty decent, but shocking against our actual rivals!
    Fulham weve been toilet against.

QPR are the only team I can recall a couple of decent wins against.

Maybe Brentford too?

In your face QPR and Brentford!!!
  • Options
    Strangely in scrappy games like tonight's I would feel a lot more confident if we were needing the points to survive in the division than to keep our noses in front for a play off position. Reckon a disappointing draw again.
  • Options
    Hopefully Pigott plays, i don't rate him at all although fair play to him for getting back out of non league and into league 1. Its all my fault when he scores now...
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

This is Charlton

I would rather lose this game & win against Scunny & Pompey. THEY are 6 pointers. No point winning tonight & then losing against those 2.
  • Options
  • Options
    Might change it up Big josh for AJose for extra presence at both ends