Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool fans attacked Man C coach

Comments

• Options

Uploaded file type is not allowed

Any ideas?
    I can whatsapp it to someone clever.

is this the one you mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2YB3F7k7tM
    Yep
  • Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5580907/Guardiolas-right-hand-man-shares-video-inside-Man-City-bus-attacked-Liverpool-fans.html

Much easier just to look at the clip in this article taken from inside the bus.

You can hear all the thumps as the objects hit the bus.
  • Options
    Been planned for weeks as I saw it all over fb
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Cant expect anything less from them, what european final was it that a few were mugging thier own fans for tickets.

All of them.
  • Options
    I’m all up for the hostility and stuff but lobbing shit at the bus is ridiculous , proper scummy behaviour and with two old bill injured that’s proof that it wasn’t just rotten tomatoes being thrown
  • Options

clb74 said:

Cant expect anything less from them, what european final was it that a few were mugging thier own fans for tickets.

Heysel...it was the Juventus fans and the stadium that killed all those fans.
    Nope not sure how long ago few cases of thieving off thier own fans
  • Options
    Hard to do anything about morons turning up on the street and acting like that. It was probably a dozen or so out of thousands.

Pathetic and dangerous yes, but it’s always happened down the years to team and supporter coaches.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Thought this was quite common place down the years if not on the same scale.

Kop out using that as an excuse for City’s performance. Komoany has already said it had no affect.

I actually love how they create these atmosphere’s on European nights (like a different place to their sterile league atmospheres).

Passion ruined by a few morons throwing things at the coach.

Let’s be honest though, City, despite being a fan base I have huge respect for, have hardly been angels themselves down the years.

Personally can't help but feel the reaction to this has been way over the top.

A few chavs letting off flares and throwing cans and bottles at a coach. Yeah i get it can't have been nice to be on the coach but it was literally for a couple of minutes as they got to the ground.

Surely teams get more hostile receptions when they go to places like Istanbul, Belgrade, Naples or Marseille?
    And we saw footage of Guardiola mouthing off to the security in spanish about it. What kind of reception did the Barcelona team coach get when it arrived at the Bernabeu?

Let us know the route you drive to work and a few of us can bottle and throw things at your car the last part of the journey.
    Bit of a straw man argument that.

When can you ever compare football with most other jobs.

All I’m saying is that it was a handful out of thousands who were moronic.

Every club in the Country has morons who follow them, like our lot smashing cars up etc after palace away, like City at Wigan the other week, like a hundred England fans in the Dam etc etc etc.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

clb74 said:

It was a tragic situation that could have been any bunch of fans, who dabbled in charging accross terraces, back in that era.

That being said, people went to jail for it.

Never get how people (not you) continually dig them out on that one, as justification for not giving a shit about Hillsborough etc.
  • Options
    How many team coaches in England have things thrown at the coach every year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Nope not sure how long ago few cases of thieving off thier own fans
    It was Istanbul.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

How many team coaches in England have things thrown at the coach every year

Every game when Fraeye was ours.
  • Options
    Don't get the 'small number of people' or the 'handful out of thousands'.

Try counting the number of hits on the coach - really quite clear on that video. It's well over a hundred.
  • Options

clb74 said:

It was a tragic situation that could have been any bunch of fans, who dabbled in charging accross terraces, back in that era.

Never get how people (not you) continually dig them out on that one, as justification for not giving a shit about Hillsborough etc.
    Indeed, but I have never got this notion for years that for some reason just cos a few thousand fans sing "your never walk alone" in the kop end that makes them the best fans in the world.

A few years ago when we played them in the premiership under Les reed we lost 3-0 in a game on sky, on the way back to London, there were half a dozen of their fans wearing "don't by the sun" and "we hate kelvin McKenzie" badges, sitting there looking at what games were on at 5.15 so they could hive up in a pub and watch it....the only game on was Ipswich v Leeds. this was at the time of the Suffolk strangler, they sat there chuckling about what the two sets of fans were going to sing in relation to who killed the most women in terms of Peter Sutcliffe coming from Leeds.

These were not kids they were guys in their 40-50's.

If you recall after Heysel, English clubs were banned from Europe for several years and particularly harsh on Everton who had a great team at the time. The only trouble I ever had in those premiership days were from fans from both Liverpool and Everton.

As you can see I don't have a lot of time for them. I have been to Anfield a few times and never had great experiences there either.
  • Options
    What will happen on the return leg? Will it be calm?
  • Options
    Must be chelsea fans or some other club disguised as Liverpool fans, can’t be them they’re far too morally superior and have never been at fault for anything.
  • Options

Probably, Empty stadium etc
  • Options
    Given the number of fans lining the route, it looks like they are arriving at half-seven. Surely they would have been better off getting there for 6pm or earlier. I'm sure LFC would have given them some space and facilities ahead of the match (reciprocal). Fairly obvious that the Mancs will be out in force for the return leg and the Liverpool coach is going to get some treatment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Man City will provide the wrong brand of half time tea for the Scousers dressing room a three day period of mourning will be declared on Merseyside after they capitulate in the second half.
    (Here’s hoping).
  • Options

Given the number of fans lining the route, it looks like they are arriving at half-seven. Surely they would have been better off getting there for 6pm or earlier. I'm sure LFC would have given them some space and facilities ahead of the match (reciprocal). Fairly obvious that the Mancs will be out in force for the return leg and the Liverpool coach is going to get some treatment.

I imagine it would have been even worse if it was a Man U v Liverpool game. Hooliganism still exists in our game.
  • Options

I thought you had to be in the ground at least 90 minutes before the allotted kick off time....for security and planning reasons etc.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Indeed, but I have never got this notion for years that for some reason just cos a few thousand fans sing "your never walk alone" in the kop end that makes them the best fans in the world.

A few years ago when we played them in the premiership under Les reed we lost 3-0 in a game on sky, on the way back to London, there were half a dozen of their fans wearing "don't by the sun" and "we hate kelvin McKenzie" badges, sitting there looking at what games were on at 5.15 so they could hive up in a pub and watch it....the only game on was Ipswich v Leeds. this was at the time of the Suffolk strangler, they sat there chuckling about what the two sets of fans were going to sing in relation to who killed the most women in terms of Peter Sutcliffe coming from Leeds.

If you recall after Heysel, English clubs were banned from Europe for several years and particularly harsh on Everton who had a great team at the time. The only trouble I ever had in those premiership days were from fans from both Liverpool and Everton.

As you can see I don't have a lot of time for them. I have been to Anfield a few times and never had great experiences there either.
    And another thing, the bastds voted to remain in the EU :neutral:
  • Options
    It was West ham fans that did it.
  • Options

It was West ham fans that did it.

I heard it was the Russians....
  • Options

Hard to do anything about morons turning up on the street and acting like that. It was probably a dozen or so out of thousands.

Pathetic and dangerous yes, but it’s always happened down the years to team and supporter coaches.

I would say it more than a "dozen" listening to the amount of thuds hitting the coach, the driver never stopped and it was under attack for quite distance.
  • Options
    I actually witnessed the whole thing. I was dropping my CEO off and our parking is under the main stand so we obviously have a permit to get right up to the ground. I knew something was wrong when two police horses blocked our way through then that was it, all hell broke out. Just watching it was bloody scary.
  • Options
    i always liked liverpool since that night in istanbul and was impressed that so many of there fans travelled out there to see it, the flares i have no issue with its a big game but they have been at this racket for a long time, i'm also not a fan of the "were scouse not english attitude"

unfortunately am at the grand national next Saturday and the fa in there wisdom have put Liverpool vs Bournemouth at 5.30pm Saturday - couldn't make it up tools.
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

clb74 said:

And another thing, the bastds voted to remain in the EU :neutral:
    Bloody disgusting