Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool fans attacked Man C coach

124»

Comments

• Options

Dont fancy being in the Liverpool coach next week.

I think they should be delivered by UPS.
  • Options

Liverpool have upgraded their vehicle

• Options

Liverpool have upgraded their vehicle

Where would they find one of those in Liverpool?

I mean it's got 4 wheels on it.
  • Options
    Haha I guess it probably does look that way Perry (embarrassed face)

I've never disliked Liverpool, but then I've always had a huge soft spot for City's fan base.

I don't disagree with any of what you say at all mate and was not trying to suggest 2 wrongs make a right or any similar point. As you point out, there is no excuse and those partaking in the 'throwing stuff' element, from any team, are morons.

It's more the fact that some incidents, for whatever reason, seem to attract much more media and fan attention and condemnation than other incidents. What i'm trying to point out is that these incidents have happened forever and have involved nearly every club down the years - not to say that makes it okay, but to highlight to those who are unaware.

You'd think from reading some comments on social media that Liverpool fans alone have just dragged us back to the 80's and this is the only time this kind of event has ever happened. If no one challenges this belief, it just becomes fact amongst both some football fans and non-football fans.

Whenever non-football people discuss trouble at football, they inevitably throw around the names Millwall and Chelsea and maybe West Ham. Clueless and anyone who knows, realises that there are many cubs throughout the football pyramid who are as bad, if not worse. Spurs never get mentioned by casual or non football fans as a team who cause aggro for example, but some of us know that they have been some of the most active lot over the last 20 years.

'Hoof it' further up said most problems are from Prem teams and maybe some from the champ!! That couldn't be more wrong. Again, if it's not challenged it becomes fact.

Maybe it's just the 24/7 news and social media era that means these things are blown out of (relative) proportion and people with no idea throw around absurd opinions, which are taken a fact.

I'm just trying to educate mate ;)

P.S. when are you next over for a game?
  • Options
    Fair comments Craig. Next visit will probably early 2019, or sooner if we win the lottery... :smile:
  • Options

Haha I guess it probably does look that way Perry (embarrassed face)

I've never disliked Liverpool, but then I've always had a huge soft spot for City's fan base.

I don't disagree with any of what you say at all mate and was not trying to suggest 2 wrongs make a right or any similar point. As you point out, there is no excuse and those partaking in the 'throwing stuff' element, from any team, are morons.

It's more the fact that some incidents, for whatever reason, seem to attract much more media and fan attention and condemnation than other incidents. What i'm trying to point out is that these incidents have happened forever and have involved nearly every club down the years - not to say that makes it okay, but to highlight to those who are unaware.

You'd think from reading some comments on social media that Liverpool fans alone have just dragged us back to the 80's and this is the only time this kind of event has ever happened. If no one challenges this belief, it just becomes fact amongst both some football fans and non-football fans.

Whenever non-football people discuss trouble at football, they inevitably throw around the names Millwall and Chelsea and maybe West Ham. Clueless and anyone who knows, realises that there are many cubs throughout the football pyramid who are as bad, if not worse. Spurs never get mentioned by casual or non football fans as a team who cause aggro for example, but some of us know that they have been some of the most active lot over the last 20 years.

'Hoof it' further up said most problems are from Prem teams and maybe some from the champ!! That couldn't be more wrong. Again, if it's not challenged it becomes fact.

Maybe it's just the 24/7 news and social media era that means these things are blown out of (relative) proportion and people with no idea throw around absurd opinions, which are taken a fact.

I'm just trying to educate mate ;)

P.S. when are you next over for a game?

Thing is you talk about educate.
    A video was posted and you can hear at least 60 thuds on the coach and the coach is moving.
    You post a little bit latter saying its probably down to about a dozen people.
  • Options
    Fair point clb74, but I assumed some of those thuds were also the fans (physically) banging on the coach as it drove through. But a dozen or 50....it's still a massive minority of idiots out of circa 50k there that night.

I reluctantly bring up Notting Hill Carnival as a comparison for a similar minority of people causing aggro (but much more serious crimes), but which appears (maybe i'm stuck in an echo chamber??) to get limited social media and actual media attention each year.

That's my point - the gulf in media and social media attention and reporting of different incidents and the affect that has and perceptions it causes.

PS - there was a wink after the 'trying to educate' as I realise that looks condensing otherwise.
  • Options

Fair point clb74, but I assumed some of those thuds were also the fans (physically) banging on the coach as it drove through. But a dozen or 50....it's still a massive minority of idiots out of circa 50k there that night.

I reluctantly bring up Notting Hill Carnival as a comparison for a similar minority of people causing aggro (but much more serious crimes), but which appears (maybe i'm stuck in an echo chamber??) to get limited social media and actual media attention each year.

That's my point - the gulf in media and social media attention and reporting of different incidents and the affect that has and perceptions it causes.

PS - there was a wink after the 'trying to educate' as I realise that looks condensing otherwise.

Think you might need an air conditioning unit.
  • Options

They should play the next round home game behind closed doors, its the only way they will learn.

or just have no away fans?, why should man city fans suffer.

the Croatia vs England nations league game is to be played behind closed doors so can be done.
    How many clubs have got dodgy travelling support? Mainly Prem clubs along with a few in the Championship?

Banning away fans hasn't really been tried so far. I remember hooliganism in the 70s and 80s which was far more common.
    I think you'd reverse that statement. The Prem has next to no issues these days, baring the odd fixtures.

I'd say it's the Champ down to the National leagues where the problems still remain - although not a patch on the 70's - 90's.
    CCTV put pay to those all those shenanigans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think the Scouse victim mentality is just football related, the chip seems rife in Scousers in general

• Options
    well the Gerrrrrmans did bomb their chippy
  • Options
    Heard on a podcast yesterday...............
    "I've never seen fans that angry at a coach arriving, since West Brom fans were told pardew was coming to the Hawthorns" ;)