Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If You Could Choose... Bowyer or Powell?

Comments

• Options

Neither thank you, Bowyer has proved that he's not very good. Powell has also proved recently that he's not that good.
    We need someone like Nathan Jones or even Neil Warnock. Someone to give this club/team a good kick up the arse, get rid of the dead wood (and there's a lot of it) and play with some fucking urgency.

Hope this is a joke.
    Why Paulie?, do you think he *is* good?
  • Options
    The more I look into Jones the more I like him. But he will be in L1 next season so no chance of that.
  • Options

Neither thank you, Bowyer has proved that he's not very good. Powell has also proved recently that he's not that good.
    We need someone like Nathan Jones or even Neil Warnock. Someone to give this club/team a good kick up the arse, get rid of the dead wood (and there's a lot of it) and play with some fucking urgency.

Hope this is a joke.
    Some thought they knew Powell definitely wouldn't be able to take us up after half a season. It's impossible to know what Bowyer is capable of after 6 games.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Hope this is a joke.
    No one can judge whether he’s good or bad after a few games that’s ridiculous. Whether he should be our manager right now, probably not, but he’s only there because some mad fucker in Belgium has turned this club into a circus. I have no idea whether he’ll turn out to be a good/average/great manager, doubt even Bowyer does. You still bang on about Powell being a bad manager yet he pissed this league and bought in a bunch of players that gave it their all for this club regardless of their ability. There was a pride about Charlton that’s been missing since he left and i’d be happy to have someone who first of all brings that back whoever they are.
    1 right, 1 wrong.
    i have never 'banged on about Powell being a BAD manager' - i have said that his football is turgid and that i think he is limited as a coach - cant deny he oversaw one of the best seasons in recent history and that he got it right with results, but the football wasnt great in the second half of the season, thats all, but as usual on this forum , i get jumped on because my views dont suit the common belief.
    In the same way, some people might say that Warnock or maybe Harris are limited as coaches, but play to their strengths. They get results.
  • Options
    So Powell is a limited coach but got results. Warnock and Harris are limited coaches but get results according to you. Look forward to Warnock turning up at the Valley next season......ffs!
  • Options
    Nug said:

So Powell is a limited coach but got results. Warnock and Harris are limited coaches but get results according to you. Look forward to Warnock turning up at the Valley next season......ffs!

?
  • Options

Bowyer ain't the problem.
    Powell and Bowyer are ok by me.

Roland on the other hand is a first class c#$t.

So what’s changed in the past 3 matches then? Has Roland taken over the team talks? Picking the team again? Or.. has Bowyer been sussed out and the honeymoon period worn off? I said when the thread was started that 3 games was far too short to be comparing him to Curbs etc. he may well prove to be a good manager but our last 3 have been appalling, you can’t take notice of the first 3 and not the last.
  • Options

Bowyer ain't the problem.
    Powell and Bowyer are ok by me.

Roland on the other hand is a first class c#$t.

So what’s changed in the past 3 matches then? Has Roland taken over the team talks? Picking the team again? Or.. has Bowyer been sussed out and the honeymoon period worn off? I said when the thread was started that 3 games was far too short to be comparing him to Curbs etc. he may well prove to be a good manager but our last 3 have been appalling, you can’t take notice of the first 3 and not the last.
    We cannot judge Bowyer this season as it is not his players that he is in charge of.
    He is trying his best with players that Slade and Robinson left him with.

As for Roland I have had over 4 years in which to judge him and in my opinion he is a c@#t
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    With Paulie on this, can only assume the players know something we don't to have thrown in the towel after such a huge turnaround.
  • Options
    Powell wins but his football was boring
    Warnock and Harris win with panache and flair
  • Options
    Under this owner and with this set of players the best we can hope for is mediocrity - we've managed that.

Even Warnock would struggle.....
  • Options
    I would not be too surprised if Mick McCarthy came in to the frame as our manager. I would not be too upset with him should he be interested in going down to division 3 next season.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

I would not be too surprised if Mick McCarthy came in to the frame as our manager. I would not be too upset with him should he be interested in going down to division 3 next season.

Lives in your neck of the woods - he could give you a lift to games.

He would certainly be the type of manager we need.

• Options

be perfect. He'd certainly sort out this bollox passing around at the back.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

be perfect. He'd certainly sort out this bollox passing around at the back.
    That really infuriates me. Pearce or Bauer recieving the ball short is no good at all. Neither of them have a footballing brain. At one point yesterday Pearce had the ball, all that was needed was a simple pass of the ball to JDS - instead he hammered it at him and JDS couldn’t control it. Pearce and Bauer shouldn’t have to do this, it’s ok if you have a defender who is comfortable on the ball - these 2 are not.

However the really infuriating thing is, that we make 6 passes get to the half way line and come all the way back.

Scunthorpe and Wimbledon pressed us in our own half. But rather than try to overcome that by playing a longer passing game, we continued to piss about in our own half.
  • Options

Adds to the list of classy people around Bromley. Me, Blackpool72 and Henry Irving.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Adds to the list of classy people around Bromley. Me, Blackpool72 and Henry Irving.
    And @clb74 .
  • Options
    Bowyer, with JJ and Euell to assist.
  • Options
    Neither for me.

I said give it to Bowyer until the end of the season but as a club we need a fresh slate - new owner and a proper manager who knows how to get out of this league.

I loved Powell, but never go back. And he's also not setting the world alight at Southend
  • Options
    Neither. What we need is a new owner. New CEO. New CFO. New Manager. Director of football. New Players. A lot of our players cant dig in when the going gets tough.Buy Amos, keep Dijksteel, Bauer, Pearce, Page, Aribo, Forster- Caskey, Fosu, Reeves, Phillips, Page, Sarr. Magennis. Release four loans, sell Konsa, use the proceeds to beef up the squad. Sell Marshall he has done nothing. Ajose. Release Vetokele, Solly, Lennon and also Kashi, free up some wages. We need to bring in players who want to play for us and are experienced Div one players who are able to play in the Championship.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    dickplumb said:

Neither. What we need is a new owner. New CEO. New CFO. New Manager. Director of football. New Players. A lot of our players cant dig in when the going gets tough.Buy Amos, keep Dijksteel, Bauer, Pearce, Page, Aribo, Forster- Caskey, Fosu, Reeves, Phillips, Page, Sarr. Magennis. Release four loans, sell Konsa, use the proceeds to beef up the squad. Sell Marshall he has done nothing. Ajose. Release Vetokele, Solly, Lennon and also Kashi, free up some wages. We need to bring in players who want to play for us and are experienced Div one players who are able to play in the Championship.

This, we need to bring i someone who will get us out of this league. Do it the SCP way from a few years ago, sell Konsa, bring in Mccarthy as manager, buy some of the top players that we have played against, such as Toney,Oztuner,Burn (if maybe he gets released by Wigan)- get in some leaders and some physicality along side them. To me , we only need to keep Amos,Pearce,Dijksteel,PageAribo,Fosu and Reeves - the rest can do one. Flush out the dead wood, dump the million passes back to the goalie - get in the oppo faces, and next year we get promoted.

To me, there is too much of the Robinson trade mark running through this team - get shot of any remnants and start again which unfortunately includes Bowyer.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

If only there were a manger out there with a proven track record of having done exactly that as part of a major summer rebuild.
  • Options
    Gillis said:

dickplumb said:

If only there were a manger out there with a proven track record of having done exactly that as part of a major summer rebuild.
    Yes, there is ..... McCarthy. And he lives local.
  • Options

Gillis said:

dickplumb said:

Yes, there is ..... McCarthy. And he lives local.
    Any new owners are going to have to have a hell of a lot of money to persuade McCarthy to manage in League One.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

This, we need to bring i someone who will get us out of this league. Do it the SCP way from a few years ago, sell Konsa, bring in Mccarthy as manager, buy some of the top players that we have played against, such as Toney,Oztuner,Burn (if maybe he gets released by Wigan)- get in some leaders and some physicality along side them. To me , we only need to keep Amos,Pearce,Dijksteel,PageAribo,Fosu and Reeves - the rest can do one. Flush out the dead wood, dump the million passes back to the goalie - get in the oppo faces, and next year we get promoted.

To me, there is too much of the Robinson trade mark running through this team - get shot of any remnants and start again which unfortunately includes Bowyer.

And again, Billy Clarke, who has done wrong but get himself seriously injured playing for Charlton, is chucked out with the deadwood...