Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If You Could Choose... Bowyer or Powell?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2018

I would not be too surprised if Mick McCarthy came in to the frame as our manager. I would not be too upset with him should he be interested in going down to division 3 next season.

Lives in your neck of the woods - he could give you a lift to games.

He would certainly be the type of manager we need.

be perfect. He'd certainly sort out this bollox passing around at the back.
    Pres mate. You have spent plebty of time on this thread - and plenty of others over the last 4 years - complaining about the "turgid" football we had under Powell and have claimed something like 'even when we were winning under him the fiotball was awful. Thats fine thats your opinion - one I completely disagree with (and have explained why on another thread) but one you are entitled to.

What I can't believe is that after all this you are so keen on bringing in the king of turgid football in Mick Mack. He's famous for playing terrible football but getting some results along the way.

For what it's worth I think MM would be quality in league 1. But surely you can see how your views conflict.

Personally I would like us to try and play decent football but I'd like someone who can be pragmatic and know when to try and look good and when to simply get the job done whatever it takes in the circumstances. KR was one end of the spectrum. MM would be the other.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Canters mate,tbh, I am not the only one on here who thought that the football under CP wasn't that great- which, imo, it wasn't.As I've said before, I remember standing at Carlisle when we won promotion thinking 'how the feck have we got to where we are playing like this' - but , he did, and I cant argue with the results that season. Its just my observation.
    However, under CP the previous season we were bottom half? - someone mentioned a 11 game winless run? , but ok, its his first season.
    The season after in Champs we came an honourable 9th, but from I recall, were flirting with relegation until quite close to the end of the season.
    His record at 'Udd wasn't great (flirting with relegation again?), and he's not setting the world alight at Sarfend now (but ok, give him time). plus he's had plenty of time out of work when ,clearly, other clubs didn't view him as being suitably proficient to be employed.

I suppose I've seen enough of the sh1t that's been served up over the past four years also, and certainly had enough of the football served up by the likes of Slade,Robinson, and now Robinsons doppelganger, Bowyer. Yes, we all thought that Bowyer had released the handbrake for the first 3 games but it looks now like the stick of rock was only temporarily changed.

As we all, I think, agree, the club needs a good shake up at end of season, and I believe the whole playing and coaching staff needs shaking up.
    MM is someone who is available, lives local, and has consistently produced results wherever he's been - and that's the key word, consistently. Now queue CLers analysing the records to say that he came bottom in 1982 or some other year, but generally, he has been successful where he has been.
    Yeah, I agree that his style might not be great, but, ffs, the million passes around the back and then into midfield only for it to be passed back to the goalie is driving me nuts - lets just get out of this dreadful division and rebuild the whole thing. Eff the 'decent football' for the time being, lets do that in the Championship, when we are owned by Red Bull under a German coach, playing at the Peninsular.

But ultimately, if we are going to have 'turgid' football, I think there's more likelihood of success doing it with MM than CP.

• Options
    <if we got a sensible new owner Mick mac would be a sensible hire in my view