Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC 3 Rotherham 1- POST MATCH THREAD 02/04/2018

Comments

• Options

reeves biggest critic has been me but today’s performance was excellent and he is now showing what robinson saw in him. Really very good and thoroughly deserves his place in the team. Joe aribo was immense as was hopefully our permanent captain, Pearce. Zyro is a proper centre forward who strikes the ball well ; I understand josh being pissed off but its all about the team and not about him. I think dijksteel would have and should have started as he tackles and robs the ball better than konsa but maybe he will get a chance on saturday. With Pompey winning that will be some game against them. I like Bowyers style....very understated , very unemotional, almost deadpan but really really focused. Well done team, management and fans today. Brilliant.

Magennis can have no complaints.
  • Options
    For anyone who was up at their place earlier this season, I thought the pattern of the game as exactly the same they dominated the first 15 minutes, missed a couple chances then we grew into the game whilst they ran out of ideas.

Apart from the obvious formation change, the main difference/improvement I’ve noticed is the way we work to get the ball back, tireless effort the players, Robbo seems like a distance nightmare now.
  • Options

Think we will do em', 3-1

You are welcome ladies and gents
  • Options
    They were a big strong team and won a fair amount of second balls. They had a couple of decent players - I liked the 7. But they lacked composure in front of goal and were not brilliant defensively. I wouldn't mind playing them every week - they are decent but lack the quality we have. Ideally we will have them in the first play off round.
  • Options
    Hands up from me, I was firmly in the camp of the squad not being good enough, only thought a handful were actually good. Very pleased to be wrong though with players like Reeves and Ajose suddenly looking worthwhile to have around. I'm also suddenly not that impressed by the top3 and their points, had a little look back on our games and I've counted at least an extra 17 points we could and probably should have right now, oh well.

Didn't watch this time but I guess the stats and the score line say it all, on to the next one
  • Options
    I don't feel Bowyer has put any pressure on himself. He is solely focusing on the task in front of him and the only thing he can control and seems to be enjoying it.
  • Options
    The first summed up Robinson's failings.

If he had still been manager it would not have happened because it was all down to having two up front (plus great finish etc).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rotherham were a very decent side and probably shaded the first 20 minutes but we battled well and took our chances when they came. Having not been at the Valley for a while it was great to see a win but I came away feeling just a little underwhelmed as both the performance and atmosphere fell a bit short of what I had been (sub-consciously) expecting. I suspect that, however well we play, it won't quite hit the spot for me until Duchatelet is finally gone - for me, he casts a bit of a shadow over even the positive stuff going on at the Valley these days.

Well done to Lee Bowyer and I hope he gets the gig for at least the rest of the season. Ig he can take us up it would be a very, very tough call for anyone to make to replace him for next season.
  • Options

Great win, but there is still a lot of work to do.

The POs are a lottery and the only team I’d want to avoid would be Wigan, don’t fancy them much.

The rest? Rotherham, Peterborough, Scunthorpe and the rest don’t bother me at all but as we know from Swindon under Parky anything can happen in the POs.

The Parky started the season strongly, then lost form and momentum, limping into the playoffs

If we win most of our remaining games to get into the playoffs in good form, Millwall last season seem a much better comparison
  • Options
    Not as good as the sheer brilliance of the Plymouth game but a well worked team effort. We edged the first half with Zyro's great finish and more or less dominated the second half. Amos slowed the game right down, which irritated me but is probably a good tactic when you are ahead. Hope Fossu recovers quickly. Interesting to hear that Lee Boyer thought Kaikai had a good game whereas I thought he was average. Final note on a weekend when matches were called off, the pitch looked in good shape. Well done the ground staff.
  • Options
    You'd have to imagine that the environment Robinson set up was not condusive for playing decent, confident fooball. He was the wrong man for the job

To a man we were immense today. Just want Ajose to knock one in. Get one and he won't stop!
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Who saw the potential in Bowyer and brought him to the club? Robbo for me made lots of good calls outside of picking and setting up the team.

I thought Bowyer said he wrote to the club and KR gave him an opportunity rather than seeking him out. He was taken on part time two days a week to work with the midfielders.
  • Options
    Well he was given the opportunity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Great win, but there is still a lot of work to do.

The POs are a lottery and the only team I’d want to avoid would be Wigan, don’t fancy them much.

The rest? Rotherham, Peterborough, Scunthorpe and the rest don’t bother me at all but as we know from Swindon under Parky anything can happen in the POs.

The Parky started the season strongly, then lost form and momentum, limping into the playoffs

If we win most of our remaining games to get into the playoffs in good form, Millwall last season seem a much better comparison
    Not quite - last 11 games we were W6 L3 D3 - that’s decent form and we beat Leeds 1-0 at home too.

Although we did get trolleyed 4-0 by the Scum.
  • Options
    Since Aribo is now a star, RD probably wants another £2M above his price for the imbedded value of him in next summer's transfer market.
  • Options
    Got to say Aribo has a real presence about him on the pitch, he really carries himself well and looks confident.

That second goal took athleticism, skill and a very big pair of balls.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I had a look at the Plymouth forum and we are the team they seem to fear the most! Understandable I suppose after last week. Some of them were even suggesting our result today was a good one as it means they can catch Rotherham seemingly having given up on finishing above us.
  • Options
    also good to see @Nug and his son smiling away today and @cafc999 hugging all about him. A good day all round