Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC 3 Rotherham 1- POST MATCH THREAD 02/04/2018

Comments

• Options
    Good result - we could have scored more. Pity we conceded such a scrappy goal.

Both our full backs were a bit iffy - felt we let in far too many crosses. Not sure if Konsa and Jay really got enough cover.

Amos looked very assured and our midfield looked very threatening. We are in a good run of form.....
  • Options
    What a great goal from Aribo for the second. So much for him still to do when that (not particularly good pass) is looping towards him from Ajose, but man did he do it all with aplomb. Looks more and more like the new Morts every game. Now that is exciting!
  • Options

Pearce MOTM today... Absolutely quality!! - Bossed Smith, was sensible enough to get away from what could have been handbags, lead the line brilliantly and pushed players forward

Rotherham have signs of a good side, Zyro barely got near any headers and could be troublesome in the Play-Offs

Referees were shocking today, how could they find a foul against us after initially giving a penalty for handball - Said early on that any Yellow Cards would be given to Charlton players today, and that was exactly the case... How the hell Rotherham got away without any bookings themselves was just a joke!!

You could make an extensive "highlight" real from "things that were not bookings" this season. Absolutely crazy. Rotherham were all elbows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very hard to pick MOM today:

Reeves - best game I've seen him have
    JFC - put in some very brave tackles
    Pearce - as above
    DaSilva - another quality performance

Great result, keeping the dream alive. Well done to the team.
  • Options
    There's the snippet from Bowyer this match

"If you make the runs, the Midfielders wont track you"

Much better than what any other Manager say i.e.: "Players showed heart and passion", yeah great... stop waffling!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Listened on Valley Pass, another solid performance it sounded, after the first 5 mins when they had the upper-hand. Once we took the lead we seemed to control the game. I'm happy to have predicted a 3-1 victory on the pre match thread. Play-Offs can be reached now and we seem to be the in-form team.....at last
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Very satisfying. Didn’t blast the opposition away as per the last two games but I thought Rotherham were difficult opponents. We looked tired but still up for it. We scored from our first two clear cut chances which we were not doing earlier in the season. Absolute stand out performances from Amos, Aribo, Pearce, Bauer and Reeves. Everyone else was at least good. Worrying injury to Fosu as we are not quite the same without him and Mavididi was clearly protecting himself when he came on and looked to me as though he is injured again as he was not a happy camper talking to the physios at the end. We would not have won that game a month ago. Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

1968CAFC said:

Karl who?
    Lee Bowyer and JJ are the best thing this team
    Have seen this season.
    This team could beat anybody in this league.
    Lee Bowyer 9 Points V Karl Robinson 1 point.

Lee Bowyer is a tactical genius a real players
    Motivater.

Good luck to him, he should be the manager.

Your poem doesn't rhyme.

Free verse, it’s the latest thing, don’t you know?