Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cat serial killer

Comments

• Options
    The Cunning Fox, a great name for a great British Pub.
  • Options
    The Met have obviously been influenced by Putin's explanation of the Salisbury poisonings. Their explanation is just as unbelievable.
  • Options

Carter said:

People who do sadistic stuff like this to animals (Not just domestic pets, they've done it to foxes too) will end up harming people if they haven't already.

Edmund Kemper killed his two family cats when he was 13 and by the time he was 23 he had murdered his own mum, shagged her decapitated head and then stuck it on a shelf to throw darts at. There’s a man I’d go for a beer with.
    He ain't been spotted in the vicinity of any of these killings has he? And does he walk like fox?
  • Options

Carter said:

People who do sadistic stuff like this to animals (Not just domestic pets, they've done it to foxes too) will end up harming people if they haven't already.

Edmund Kemper killed his two family cats when he was 13 and by the time he was 23 he had murdered his own mum, shagged her decapitated head and then stuck it on a shelf to throw darts at. There’s a man I’d go for a beer with.
    I expect to find this sort of story on the weird colleagues thread, someone must have done paper round or something with him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Carter said:

Edmund Kemper killed his two family cats when he was 13 and by the time he was 23 he had murdered his own mum, shagged her decapitated head and then stuck it on a shelf to throw darts at.
    One mum dead and eighty!!!!!!
    You've made me double up at that
  • Options
    Saw this on the front page of the Standard last night. What a load of cobblers! Funnily enough I was cutting through the back garden of my block the other evening where there are usually a couple of cats knocking around. On this occasion there was also a fairly large Fox in the carpark - they fox wasnt bothered about me, but the cat saw him off pretty quickly! I don’t doubt the scavenge on dead cats, but I’d be surprised if they actively go hunting them. Have seen a couple take down rats though, that’s more their MO I’d say
  • Options
    There is a wooden gate and fence near where I live where cats often hang out. A couple of times I've seen a fox sitting up there with them, shooting the breeze.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:

Saw this on the front page of the Standard last night. What a load of cobblers! Funnily enough I was cutting through the back garden of my block the other evening where there are usually a couple of cats knocking around. On this occasion there was also a fairly large Fox in the carpark - they fox wasnt bothered about me, but the cat saw him off pretty quickly! I don’t doubt the scavenge on dead cats, but I’d be surprised if they actively go hunting them. Have seen a couple take down rats though, that’s more their MO I’d say

Foxes will eat anything, add that to the fact they fight with cats all the time, and I don't think it's that hard to believe that foxes have scavenged the remains of cats that have both been killed in rta's and those that have just come off worse in a fight plus maybe a couple here and there that might have just died of natural causes.
  • Options
    Perhaps the police are hoping blaming a fox for the killers ‘handiwork’ will anger them leading to them becoming more overt in their action and easier to catch?
  • Options
    Fox with a mental illness + drug issues
  • Options
    Karma for the innocent wild animals mutilated and killed for amusement by domestic cats.
  • Options

Karma for the innocent wild animals mutilated and killed for amusement by domestic cats.

Hardly 'amusement'. It's in a cat's DNA it's called hunter's instinct. If you let a fox loose in a hen coop it will kill everything in sight.

• Options

YTS1978 said:

Foxes will eat anything, add that to the fact they fight with cats all the time, and I don't think it's that hard to believe that foxes have scavenged the remains of cats that have both been killed in rta's and those that have just come off worse in a fight plus maybe a couple here and there that might have just died of natural causes.
    That isn't what's happened here though mate. It's clean decapitation, with remains left behind. These cats haven't been hit by a car and then eaten by scavengers. The bodies have been put on display.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

YTS1978 said:

That isn't what's happened here though mate. It's clean decapitation, with remains left behind. These cats haven't been hit by a car and then eaten by scavengers. The bodies have been put on display.
    I thought the report said the a few were "blunt force" to the head (rta) then mutilated. But I only skimmed over it tbh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Croydon said:

YTS1978 said:

I thought the report said the a few were "blunt force" to the head (rta) then mutilated. But I only skimmed over it tbh
    The report doesn't really cover what has been happening. Foxes, squirrels, rabbits and cats have all been found mutilated, hundreds of animals killed and then the bodies maimed.

As someone who has lived in the area while this is happening, trust me, the idea of a few cats getting hit by a car and then a fox eating it just doesn't stack up.
  • Options
    I'm certain some were hit by a car then eaten/mutilated by foxes. But absolutely not all, there were some in bags and some left on door steps, some in 'ritual' positions and some with surgical type cuts with organs left beside the body.

I'm sure this is a police cop out and I just hope it doesn't come back on them if this person/people do graduate to larger prey.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Hardly 'amusement'. It's in a cat's DNA it's called hunter's instinct. If you let a fox loose in a hen coop it will kill everything in sight.

If a cat just hunted a mouse /bird, killed it and ate it i would say fair enough but they don't.

Foxes kill just for sake of it to.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Croydon said:

YTS1978 said:

The report doesn't really cover what has been happening. Foxes, squirrels, rabbits and cats have all been found mutilated, hundreds of animals killed and then the bodies maimed.

As someone who has lived in the area while this is happening, trust me, the idea of a few cats getting hit by a car and then a fox eating it just doesn't stack up.
    Where abouts do you live then @Croydon ?
  • Options
    kigelia said:

Perhaps the police are hoping blaming a fox for the killers ‘handiwork’ will anger them leading to them becoming more overt in their action and easier to catch?

Maybe it'll infuriate them that a vulpine is getting the credit and they'll confess all. Maybe I've watched too many TV dramas...
  • Options
    This is not the first time Fox has been slaughtered on here.
    🤣🤣
  • Options
    All I can say is that I'm going to be extra careful if I ever have to drive through Croydon as there seem to be hundreds of cars running over cats in that Borough compared to anywhere else.
  • Options

Would it also be karma if anyone that's ever eaten meat is slaughtered and hung on a hook? Do dogs deserve

Cats are predators who have evolved to catch prey - blaming a cat for exhibiting hunting behaviour is the same as blaming a human for going to the supermarket to get something to eat (although the study shows that many cats are not targeting birds - rodents are more likely to be their focus, or like my cat, insects; she has never caught anything apart from insects). Look at the study below (note the authors) and you will see that those blaming cats as a major factor in the decline of bird numbers are simply wrong...often, it's just quite simply that they don't like them:

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/advice/gardening-for-wildlife/animal-deterrents/cats-and-garden-birds/are-cats-causing-bird-declines/

I think it says a lot that you think that the suffering of these poor animals, whatever the cause, is a good thing. Animal cruelty is sick and anyone indulging in it is a danger to society due to a chronic lack of empathy that can lead to very, very bad outcomes. If I was the Police, the first people I'd be investigating would be vehement cat haters such as yourself and anyone who recommends your hateful post.

Have a word with yourself.

BTW, to those doubting the Police statement, Pathologists have examined the corpses and will be able to determine the causes of death - it's that simple. However, that does not necessarily mean that there are other unconnected cases of outright cruelty (or just sickos doing things with the corpses that they find) committed by vehement cat haters (see above). It is known that most foxes will avoid cats due to possible injury during interactions with them, however, a large fox would have the advantage over the majority of cats and if one was perfect a technique for killing them effectively, it is highly possible that they would continue to do so as it would provide a reliable source of regular food. For a scavenger such as a fox, that would be a significant incentive to continue to exhibit that behaviour - natural selection and and adaptation back up the Police position and the post-mortem evidence will speak for itself (you would be amazed what a skilled Pathologist is able to infer from the physical evidence, they are experts and the science is solid).