Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Masters 2018

123457»

Comments

• Options

Look at all those red figures in the top ten, except McIlroy. Big-time bottler.

Hardly - 4 time Major winner says not.

Just not been driving or putting well today...........which is about 75% of the game.
  • Options

Just not been driving or putting well today...........which is about 75% of the game.
    He's a great player and on his day he's brilliant but his record in the majors since his last win suggests that he has lost what is needed to win another one.
  • Options
    Nice finish by Fowler but too little too late.

Reed has shown some balls today.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Play off looms

Bet you didn't think that it could be with Fowler though.
  • Options
    Congrats Reed. I'll take that and Stenson e/w.
  • Options

Yep money in the bank. He deserved to win.
  • Options

Yep money in the bank. He deserved to win.
    Yes, he seemed to be able to bounce back from a bogey with then getting a birdie the very next hole.

Rory never got over missing the Eagle putt on the 2nd hole.
  • Options
    Spieth and McIlroy e/w gave me break even on my 4 bets. Thankfully I lumped on Reed at 3-1 yesterday so, overall, a nice profit.
  • Options
    Thought Fowler showed what a great player he is. Having been all over Sergio last year I had a punt on Fowler this year. Thought Reed rode his luck at times but just about deserved his win. Don’t like him as a golfer. Felt sorry for Rickie, the young , handsome multi millionaire with a fit bird who plays golf for a living.
    Actually, no I didn’t.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

he was very poor ...his putting under pressure was awful
    put for dough drive for show as they say
  • Options
    masicat said:

Thought Fowler showed what a great player he is. Having been all over Sergio last year I had a punt on Fowler this year. Thought Reed rode his luck at times but just about deserved his win. Don’t like him as a golfer. Felt sorry for Rickie, the young , handsome multi millionaire with a fit bird who plays golf for a living.
    Actually, no I didn’t.

This bloke?

• Options
    Do a masters comp £20 buy in pick 1 player from the 4 following

U.K. & ire
    Europe
    USA
    Rest of the world

Went for

rory
    rahm
    woods!!
    day.

for the last 3 years have done ricky and had him until i sent my entry and changed it to tiger got sucked into the hype and ended up missing out on the £1170 pot. ffs
  • Options

masicat said:

Actually, no I didn’t.

This bloke?

His young lady.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    masicat said:

masicat said:

Actually, no I didn’t.

This bloke?

His young lady.
    And the previous 3 before that. Poor bloke has had a nightmare.........

***Not sure why they have uploaded so many times

imageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    He's a very nice young man and in my house he is celebrated
  • Options
    Mclroy threw this away, it was his to win. Just missed so many chances and putted poorly, was a shame as Reed was not unbeatable today but did make some key putts.

Speith, what a round that was just a shame he dropped a shot on the final hole. I get people dont like him, but i do when he is playing at the top of his game its so effortless and good to watch.

Finnau, sneaked tied 10th so got some money back on that , half odds of eachway as tied 10th but i'll take it. Didn't look like getting anything but he had a good final round too birdied 4/5 holes.
  • Options
    Not keen on Reed but he led from the second round...shame Mcllroy imploded a bit...
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Not keen on Reed but he led from the second round...shame Mcllroy imploded a bit...

Agreed

There is something i dont like about Reed, maybe its from Ryder Cup? i cant actually pinpoint it exactly but was really willing Speith to win, once i knew Rory had blown his chance. Although respect where due, he deserved to win overall and played a fantastic tournament.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @johnnybev1987

some reading for you as to reasons people tend to think hes a complete tool

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/should-you-hold-patrick-reeds-complicated-past-against-him
  • Options
    edited April 2018

@johnnybev1987

some reading for you as to reasons people tend to think hes a complete tool

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/should-you-hold-patrick-reeds-complicated-past-against-him

Thank you, i shall read it when i get a chance. One of my mates said its his arrogance, but i personally like that in any sportsman.

Edit- Sorry thought you meant Speith, bit too tired today lol i will still have a read thanks.
  • Options
    I like Reed.

Lacks a bit of charm for sure but he's a competitive beast. Would always have him in my team.
  • Options

I like Reed.

Lacks a bit of charm for sure but he's a competitive beast. Would always have him in my team.

He's a great golfer and a winner - he might be a complete pillock but who cares? A lot of very successful sportsmen are not renowned for their charm.

Seems like some of the media have it in for him.
  • Options

I like Reed.

Totally agree. I never used to like him, but he has something about him. He was excellent on Sunday -just played his golf stuck to his game plan and saw it out, whilst under immense pressure. It would have been easy for him to fall apart but h kept it together.

Spieth I can’t stand.