Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD statement 15/3/18: protests set to resume on Easter Monday (ed. cancelled)

Comments

• Options
    Seeing as it’s Easter, can we cart around a huge casket through the streets, like they do in Spanish towns and cities, The casket would need to be full of sacred relics, I’m sure Henners could loan us the ball that burst in the cup final etc.
  • Options
    Stig said:

HarryLime said:

Good stuff, It'll give the Burger Boy something to do as well, with planning a response, now that Sparrows Lane is on "hold"

We should be careful that Burger Boy doesn't get overloaded. He's already preparing the annual accounts, drawing up a prioritised list of transfer targets, working with police to victimise protesters, planning next seasons menus and taking training tomorrow morning. There's no one else here to do those things.
    He’s also preparing his ‘stop’n’search’ plan for the Easter protests.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

If Murray has been spun a line by Belgium then he needs to tell us that. He’s surely got the balls to ring Roland and demand straight answers. If he hasn’t or doesn’t get them then he should tell us exactly that and walk. I for one would at least give him credit for that.

Regarding him walking, it would be a good principled stance, but I think there's a very strong counter argument to be made that if he walks the day-to-day functions might start to implode. Those with greater knowledge of how the club is currently being run can disagree or shed more light, but it feels like Murray is doing the jobs of two or three people and if he left things within the club might start to unravel.

Obviously things aren't good now, and Murray doesn't come out of this as a good guy, but I do think things can get worse.
    Murray's away, according to Robinson this morning. Realistically, he isn't doing one job, never mind three. He's just someone on the end of a phone for the remaining senior staff and a link to Duchatelet. He isn't running the club.
    OK fair, I withdraw my comments.

SDAddick said:

If Murray has been spun a line by Belgium then he needs to tell us that. He’s surely got the balls to ring Roland and demand straight answers. If he hasn’t or doesn’t get them then he should tell us exactly that and walk. I for one would at least give him credit for that.

Regarding him walking, it would be a good principled stance, but I think there's a very strong counter argument to be made that if he walks the day-to-day functions might start to implode. Those with greater knowledge of how the club is currently being run can disagree or shed more light, but it feels like Murray is doing the jobs of two or three people and if he left things within the club might start to unravel.

Obviously things aren't good now, and Murray doesn't come out of this as a good guy, but I do think things can get worse.
    How much more implosion can there possibly be ? No CEO, No CFO, A manager and team underperforming and demanding answers. An owner who knows less about CAFC than your average Millwall fan.

I think it’s getting to the point of complete collapse.

I'm quite superstitious about some things, and one of them is never ask "how can it get worse?" It can get worse. It can always get worse.

But yeah if Murray isn't doing much he's welcome to walk as a principled stance. But by the sounds of things it won't make much difference. It sounds like the Trump Cabinet conundrum, do you stay in the hopes that you can influence things, even at the margins, or do you leave and tell the world your story?
  • Options
    Completely with you. I won't renew neither until we have new owners.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Bet Murray wished that Robinson had kept his mouth shut after the defeat on Tuesday night.

i think he has done it in the hope of getting sacked
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Cant imagine Murray is too pleased with Robbo at the moment.

His recent words became a catalyst for the new organised protests

Robbo's our new ring leader.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

Seeing as it’s Easter, can we cart around a huge casket through the streets, like they do in Spanish towns and cities, The casket would need to be full of sacred relics, I’m sure Henners could loan us the ball that burst in the cup final etc.

Haven't got a casket but got a sofa if that's any good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cue another "Takeover in our times" empty platitude from Murray Chamberlain.
  • Options
    Gives me a reason to break my boycott.
  • Options
    Available.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Lets hope those who are cheesed off with the demos and CARD don't turn up could all get a bit messy.

What? Both of them?

Those vol-au-vants en alf stain you know ;-)
  • Options

@CARD Just an observation; I know his new hotel at Blavier Farm is due for completion in May, but it was still very much a building site just a few weeks back and I would be gobsmacked if it opens on schedule. Might be a better option to organise a major sit-in in one of Duchâtelet's restaurants at Stayen.

He wouldn't like that

Is big Tone in charge of that as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

What a sad state of affairs when we have so called fans that are now motivated to go to the ground to demonstrate rather than support the team. Lets hope those who are cheesed off with the demos and CARD don't turn up could all get a bit messy.

Exactly, don't want fellow fans pouring the contents of their thermos flasks over each other! Although the team does seem to perform better when there are protests...
  • Options

@CARD Just an observation; I know his new hotel at Blavier Farm is due for completion in May, but it was still very much a building site just a few weeks back and I would be gobsmacked if it opens on schedule. Might be a better option to organise a major sit-in in one of Duchâtelet's restaurants at Stayen.

He wouldn't like that

Shit in might be more effective ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree with the principle and I will be protesting and certainly won’t be renewing until a takeover is done. I’m a bit dubious though with wording like “cannot and will not be allowed to continue” when at the end of the day there is nothing we can do to force the old git to sell until he wants to. If we could have pressed a button and got rid we’d have done it a while ago.
  • Options
    Well done CARD. I'll be there in spirit.
  • Options

He wouldn't like that

A dance-in could be organised.
  • Options

What a sad state of affairs when we have so called fans that are now motivated to go to the ground to demonstrate rather than support the team. Lets hope those who are cheesed off with the demos and CARD don't turn up could all get a bit messy.

Team? You mean that mob that turn up, put in half a shift, get beat and go home? The ones that Robinson told to not bother coming back if they weren’t interested?

• Options
    The club is in the worst crisis since the winding up order of 1984, only this time it's willful and deliberate. It will break my heart not to renew but I'm in. Can't we start attacking his businesses now? @Melexis_Sensors twitter might be a place to start or his restaurants' social media.
  • Options
    Are his restaurants on Trip Advisor? Just askin'