Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD statement 15/3/18: protests set to resume on Easter Monday (ed. cancelled)

Comments

• Options
    About bloody time.
  • Options
    I'll be at the Scunthorpe game and will happily join any protests if they're taking place. And the way this is panning out I don't envisage any resolution before then.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

J BLOCK said:

Other forum ? Don’t go on any forum assumption is the mother of all f**k ups and once again it has proven that when people don’t agree with others comments are made that are untrue. #donedeal
    That doesn’t make any sense.
    Neither does someone stating you go on another forum and become a hero, further more and even more embarrassingly is when the poster retracts the post. Pretty much somes sums up the individual.
    You're welcome.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Whilst I applaud the new resolve shown on here, it does beg a few questions.

Given that everyone on here knew eighteen months ago that the club was owned by a mendacious nutcase and run by nasty lying incompetents, why did people renew their season tickets for this season? What has changed?

If Roland doesn't sell up by August, is everyone who is protesting going to boycott next season. If not, what is the point they are making?

Absolutely this.
  • Options
    I take it from all this then that the take over is officially dead and gone away ?

• Options
    It is no more. it has ceased to be.

It is an ex takeover.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

SE23 said:

But the main protagonist said it was? No?

What are the odds of the new edition of VOTV going on sale that day. #donedeal
    Did you become obsessed with Rick before CARD existed or because of CARD?
    The day I lost respect for CARD when one of them made a remark about my 11year old wearing the new shirt and one of the CARD brigade calling me a scab on here, comparing me to a miner in the strike. The way I see it they are pretty good reasons
    It's a shame things like that have happened but it doesn't mean everyone who supports CARD would agree with it.
    Well you are a better person than me, there is a line you don’t cross and members of CARD have crossed it twice, no respect for them at all
    From what you've said elsewhere in here you never felt the protests are justified anyway. It looks like those incidents are being used an excuse to hate everyone linked to CARD.

I just don't see why you'd label an entire group of people in the same way. I wouldn't hate an entire department at work if a couple of people within it crossed a line and really wound me up.
  • Options
    We are all different -we are at each others throats sometimes due to our differing political views but we are united in our love for this special club. Duchatelet is killing it, it gets weaker every day he owns it. We have lost thousands of fans, we are getting beaten, no outclassed by teams like Shrewsbury. We have no choice but to come together and try to do something about it. It isn't something we want to do - The protests have been put on hold but it is getting beyond a joke and Duchatelet needs to know we are coming for him with interest. If he wishes to avoid it, he should sell the club now! if he doesn't, bring it on!
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

J BLOCK said:

Other forum ? Don’t go on any forum assumption is the mother of all f**k ups and once again it has proven that when people don’t agree with others comments are made that are untrue. #donedeal
    That doesn’t make any sense.
    Neither does someone stating you go on another forum and become a hero, further more and even more embarrassingly is when the poster retracts the post. Pretty much somes up the individual.
    He’s over 16 - not really your sort of row is it?
    Wish to elaborate on that comment. Or do you want to PM other posters on here about me as you have done in the past ?
    Got to admire the audacity to mention PM's with your previous.
    I talk to people straight not go round slagging others off and saying things that are untrue especially to those who know me and then tell me what has been said and by whom, there lies a difference. I have always spoken to people directly and have always said if you have a problem say it to someone’s face rather than behind a keyboard, that is in life not just on here.
    You talk to people straight do you? Direct and to their face, upfront and honest? If thats the case why didn't you confront the two individuals that are, as you claim, the cause of your blanket dislike of CARD? Thats not good enough for you though is it, oh no...cos you want an excuse to hate the whole protest group.

You've brought this supposed abuse claim up before haven't you, numerous times in fact. You have history on this particular issue. You hide behind it and however much you're challenged you never reveal the details or the individuals involved. In fact with all your grievances you never disclose any actual facts do you?

I've said it before on here, and I'll say it again....you're a drama Queen attention seeker and you never learn. Some people could be excused for thinking you don't want to learn and that you're addicted to confrontation. They could be right.

Lol. I think those two whom you feel I have a grevience with one I have certainly spoke to face to face and the second I wouldn't give him the time he craves. I have also for the record had direct conversations with them in open forum and finally I am far from a drama queen, once again never assime
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Redrobo said:

Mametz said:

Given that everyone on here knew eighteen months ago that the club was owned by a mendacious nutcase and run by nasty lying incompetents, why did people renew their season tickets for this season? What has changed?

If Roland doesn't sell up by August, is everyone who is protesting going to boycott next season. If not, what is the point they are making?

There is a serious point here. Nothing has changed since last year. Everything that people are complaining about now was clear as daylight then.The club is currently rotten to the core. Anybody buying a season ticket or in any way paying to watch games at the Valley is paying Roland to ruin this club. Roland has intimated that those attending games support his stewardship. Why would any Charlton supporter want to do that? My concern is that people will shout in the car park and then rush off to pay Roland a couple of hundred quid to watch the same, or even worse, crap next year.

And this!
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Redrobo said:

Mametz said:

1) Hope.

2) We do not understand the word mendacious.

3) It looked like a couple of lessons had been learnt.

P.S. how’s Wales?

1) Well that was daft: all the more so as you had me telling you what the score was. We talked about this before the season began.

2) I don't believe you.

3) Well that was fucking stupid: all the more so as you had me telling you what the score was. We talked about this before the season began.

4) Wales is fine. I saw Cardiff v Bristol City a couple of weeks ago. Appalling game, if that is the top end of the Championship then God help us. A highlight of my week is watching a live League of Wales game on S4C every Sunday with the commentary in Welsh!

There is a serious point here. Nothing has changed since last year. Everything that people are complaining about now was clear as daylight then.The club is currently rotten to the core. Anybody buying a season ticket or in any way paying to watch games at the Valley is paying Roland to ruin this club. Roland has intimated that those attending games support his stewardship. Why would any Charlton supporter want to do that? My concern is that people will shout in the car park and then rush off to pay Roland a couple of hundred quid to watch the same, or even worse, crap next year.

PS. I have just finished watching "Masterchef". There was a doppelgänger ( and you do know what that means ) of you competing on it. As he was crap at cooking and chucked off in the first round, I suspect it was you!

Fair cop. I just didn’t want to go shopping every week.

PS. I have seen the results of your cooking. And for those who haven’t, just imagine the worst meal you have eaten.....

and then spoil it.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    So you agree it’s off aswell then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good - let’s get protesting again.

I wonder if the sticking point is the existing director loans (at tasty commercial interest rates), that the loaners don’t want repaid ?
  • Options

I wonder if the sticking point is the existing director loans (at tasty commercial interest rates), that the loaners don’t want repaid ?

They are not earning any interest.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

They’re interest free I believe

*echo
  • Options
    I won't be renewing until the takeover is done that's for sure - when Murray gets back he must surely make another statement - I'll see what he says before deciding whether to protest or not. No statement and I will protest.
  • Options
    Say it to their face in Makro's car park while it's filmed.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Some of us recognised pretty much from the outset that Duchatelet was poison and got together in 2014 to raise concerns. We couldn’t carry majority opinion at that time because people wanted to give the regime a chance, despite being unhappy with the Kermorgant/Powell issues, which is fair enough.

It’s OK to say that this or that was obvious to you or me at any particular stage but realistically unless you are channeling the wider mood you will be marginalised. Like it or not, the regime made changes on the football side after 2016. It remained dysfunctional and incompetent but it did move in the direction fans wanted. That had to play out before many people would accept it could not succeed. New season, keeping Holmes and Konsa, Robinson being better than Slade and the rest, people wanted to believe it was different, not too bad, etc - not everyone but enough to make any protests divisive, because they threatened that illusion.

Alongside that you have a situation where pretty much all the former directors, ex-senior staff, respected former players, local media, long-standing sponsors and other people in the game - and a number of current staff - have long recognised that Duchatelet is an existential threat to the club, reflected in the large number of older fans who have walked away or joined protests. They all recognise this is not a normal blip.

But you have Murray, the Parkes and one or two other insiders rejecting that narrative to protect their own position - or in some cases because they are fundamentally thick - which allows space for the tiny number of apologists and people pursuing narrow and often incoherent agendas (“the protests are left-wing”, for example).

You also have a lot of people who feel helpless or don’t even care that much.

In short, people will protest when they have to confront the reality, not just because others tell them it is time. It’s pointless complaining that they didn’t feel that way earlier, because they didn’t.

In reality we have moved a long, long way from last spring because RD (whose own narrative is misinformed and often incoherent nonsense) has engaged extensively in a process to sell the club, which for example he refused to do point blank in January 2016. We know that because there have been any number of leaks from different professionals in the process who are outside the club and from the interested parties, so the suggestion it is faked to stop protests is a complete non-starter. We don’t need to rely on what the club says, even though it had tallied since December pretty much. We have evidence of Meire (and Joyes, to a lesser extent) jumping ship.

It doesn’t help when people say it could all be made up to stall protests. It couldn’t and isn’t. The time and money involved is disproportionate.

I for one will not go to The Valley next season if Duchatelet still owns the club, but everyone has to reach their own decision how to respond in their own time. Criticising them for what they did last year or six months ago is pointless.
    I haven't said or implied that suggestions that the club is up for sale are fake or designed to stop protests.

It has been clear for a long time that the current ownership of the club is and has been disastrous. As you say some recognised this before others but I think it would be fair to say that the protests reached a critical mass over the winter of 15/16. I don't think that any regular Charlton fan could honestly say that by late Spring 2017 that they were unaware of the situation. As you say some people believed that there had been improvements on the playing side and purchased season tickets in the belief and hope that things were improving. My argument is that that belief and hope no longer holds water. If people are motivated enough to protest again against the ownership then it would be incongruous if they then each paid Roland hundreds of pounds to continue the damage being done to the club.

As a sometime politician, would you not find it slightly bizarre if someone worked to get a Labour councillor elected, voted Labour but then donated hundreds of pounds to the Conservatives?

Entirely bogus comparison though, because what people are paying for - the whole business of following their club - is a lot more complex than simply giving money to Duchatelet, even if that’s part of the outcome.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    rikofold said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

SE23 said:

But the main protagonist said it was? No?

What are the odds of the new edition of VOTV going on sale that day. #donedeal
    Did you become obsessed with Rick before CARD existed or because of CARD?
    The day I lost respect for CARD when one of them made a remark about my 11year old wearing the new shirt and one of the CARD brigade calling me a scab on here, comparing me to a miner in the strike. The way I see it they are pretty good reasons
    It's a shame things like that have happened but it doesn't mean everyone who supports CARD would agree with it.
    Well you are a better person than me, there is a line you don’t cross and members of CARD have crossed it twice, no respect for them at all
    Just a thought, but is your issue not therefore with two individuals then, rather than CARD?

I presume you didn't appreciate Roger Johnson's comments, but does that mean you should hate the whole club as a result?
    No, and there is no relevance to what was said to my son as we walked out the club shop by a few pathetic blokes and some poster whom called me a "scab" and compared to going to the games as miners crossing the picket line in the 80's.
  • Options

Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Some of us recognised pretty much from the outset that Duchatelet was poison and got together in 2014 to raise concerns. We couldn’t carry majority opinion at that time because people wanted to give the regime a chance, despite being unhappy with the Kermorgant/Powell issues, which is fair enough.

It’s OK to say that this or that was obvious to you or me at any particular stage but realistically unless you are channeling the wider mood you will be marginalised. Like it or not, the regime made changes on the football side after 2016. It remained dysfunctional and incompetent but it did move in the direction fans wanted. That had to play out before many people would accept it could not succeed. New season, keeping Holmes and Konsa, Robinson being better than Slade and the rest, people wanted to believe it was different, not too bad, etc - not everyone but enough to make any protests divisive, because they threatened that illusion.

Alongside that you have a situation where pretty much all the former directors, ex-senior staff, respected former players, local media, long-standing sponsors and other people in the game - and a number of current staff - have long recognised that Duchatelet is an existential threat to the club, reflected in the large number of older fans who have walked away or joined protests. They all recognise this is not a normal blip.

But you have Murray, the Parkes and one or two other insiders rejecting that narrative to protect their own position - or in some cases because they are fundamentally thick - which allows space for the tiny number of apologists and people pursuing narrow and often incoherent agendas (“the protests are left-wing”, for example).

You also have a lot of people who feel helpless or don’t even care that much.

In short, people will protest when they have to confront the reality, not just because others tell them it is time. It’s pointless complaining that they didn’t feel that way earlier, because they didn’t.

In reality we have moved a long, long way from last spring because RD (whose own narrative is misinformed and often incoherent nonsense) has engaged extensively in a process to sell the club, which for example he refused to do point blank in January 2016. We know that because there have been any number of leaks from different professionals in the process who are outside the club and from the interested parties, so the suggestion it is faked to stop protests is a complete non-starter. We don’t need to rely on what the club says, even though it had tallied since December pretty much. We have evidence of Meire (and Joyes, to a lesser extent) jumping ship.

It doesn’t help when people say it could all be made up to stall protests. It couldn’t and isn’t. The time and money involved is disproportionate.

I for one will not go to The Valley next season if Duchatelet still owns the club, but everyone has to reach their own decision how to respond in their own time. Criticising them for what they did last year or six months ago is pointless.
    I haven't said or implied that suggestions that the club is up for sale are fake or designed to stop protests.

It has been clear for a long time that the current ownership of the club is and has been disastrous. As you say some recognised this before others but I think it would be fair to say that the protests reached a critical mass over the winter of 15/16. I don't think that any regular Charlton fan could honestly say that by late Spring 2017 that they were unaware of the situation. As you say some people believed that there had been improvements on the playing side and purchased season tickets in the belief and hope that things were improving. My argument is that that belief and hope no longer holds water. If people are motivated enough to protest again against the ownership then it would be incongruous if they then each paid Roland hundreds of pounds to continue the damage being done to the club.

As a sometime politician, would you not find it slightly bizarre if someone worked to get a Labour councillor elected, voted Labour but then donated hundreds of pounds to the Conservatives?

Entirely bogus comparison though, because what people are paying for - the whole business of following their club - is a lot more complex than simply giving money to Duchatelet, even if that’s part of the outcome.
    I don't think it is. On the " Roland Tapes", Roland implies that those still attending games support him.