Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool v Charlton Match Thread

Comments

• Options

Not sure this game will be finished before News at Ten starts!

Am sure Blackpool will have killed the game off by then... they only need to score one!!
  • Options

Which day?
  • Options
  • Options
    Definitely second best. Fortunately Blackpool haven’t had a clean strike on goal, mainly due to Pearce & BFG.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Picked it up in the eternal stoppage time.

Zyro should have put us 1-0 ahead.

Bauer has looked assured as ever. How he's not the first name on the team sheet baffles me. Pearce has been largely good, this is a game that suits him.

Fosu and Reeves have drifted in and out, which is about what you expect from skill players in a game like this. But Reeves always looks the most likely to unpick a defense.

Zyro has looked decent if unspectacular. He clearly has a lot of skill, it's just on this pitch it's very hard to show it. And he should have put us 1-0 up.

Amos had a lovely save to tip it over from a dipping volley from their substitute.

First goal in this game from Blackpool to be expected.

• Options
    Longest ever half of football....

Page injured as usual....

No goals....

Sorted!
  • Options
    First goal will win this.
  • Options
    I know games on pitches like this will make many of you nostalgic for your youth. But how, in the Premier League era with billions of pounds in the game we can't find a way to have clubs who have playing surfaces that are mostly grass (it doesn't even have to be all grass) is beyond me. Especially for a club who were in the Premier League a few years ago. Obviously they had particularly awful owners, but it is a problem in no way unique to Blackpool.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

I hate to say, I forecast a 1-0 defeat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    johnny73 said:

Yeh because when the opposition score first... We usually dont at all
  • Options
    ross1 said:

That picture looks like a mens vs U18s game. Reeves is so slight.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    SDAddick said:

I know games on pitches like this will make many of you nostalgic for your youth. But how, in the Premier League era with billions of pounds in the game we can't find a way to have clubs who have playing surfaces that are mostly grass (it doesn't even have to be all grass) is beyond me. Especially for a club who were in the Premier League a few years ago. Obviously they had particularly awful owners, but it is a problem in no way unique to Blackpool.

Owners like the Oystons.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Has Page ever completed a game for cafc without being injured or sent off. Even when he was on loan at Coventry against Charlton he limped off.
  • Options

Which day?
    My hell is watching a game like this on repeat for eternity
  • Options
    I hope with all the injury time, our fans at Blackpool do not have to leave the game early to catch a train, or will they be pleased? :smiley:
  • Options

Has Page ever completed a game for cafc without being injured or sent off. Even when he was on loan at Coventry against Charlton he limped off.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lewis-page/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/242652/plus/0?saison=2016&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Three times... Against: Rochdale | Oxford | Bury...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Blackpool don't score we could get a draw out of this. ;)
  • Options
    Huge 45 ahead, a win could somehow see us sixth. This league is shite isn't it?
  • Options

YEAAAAAAAA GET IN!!!!!!

Half-Time!!

Is that the highlight of the game?
  • Options
    Fosu has tremendous control of the ball.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    The story of the first half...

A half full of stoppages ends with a couple of good chances for the Addicks, but it remains goalless here.

45 minutes to go....COYA!

• Options

We are just a pile of steaming dog shit

And that's putting it lightly
  • Options
    Finally got a stream to work for this one. Almost wished I hadn't.
    Bauer looks good though. Bauer/Pearce is our best combo when both match fit I think.
    Zyro looks decent. Reeves working hard. Fosu might create something as well.
    Page so unlucky.
  • Options
    @ForeverAddickted

Just think, when you give your new little one a cuddle tonight before you go to bed you're be able to whisper to him about all the exciting things that lay in store for him as a Charlton supporter.

Things like a Tuesday night at a deserted Blackpool stadium watching a God awful team under a clueless manager!
  • Options

Huge 45 ahead, a win could somehow see us sixth. This league is shite isn't it?

Yes.
  • Options

@ForeverAddickted

Just think, when you give your new little one a cuddle tonight before you go to bed you're be able to whisper to him about all the exciting things that lay in store for him as a Charlton supporter.

Things like a Tuesday night at a deserted Blackpool stadium watching a God awful team under a clueless manager!

Shh, don't tell 'em.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!