Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton players in racism storm (video in The Sun).....

Comments

• Options
    Rather go out for a pint with Simon Jordan than that low life thug Johnson
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Could this have been the thing that was seen on Bauer or Tex's mobile that pissed off Robbo last season.

p.s what kind of an insult is baggy?

Baggy is interchangeable with just about anything “that’s sooo baggy” can mean anything bad. Generally used with your mates.
  • Options

It slightly saddens me that when we see footage of our players on social occasions, there usually seems to be a divide between the white players and the black players, you never seem to see them mixing together.

They should follow the Thin Lizzy model
  • Options

As someone who hates the Sun newspaper I don't think that is the issue. I think it reflects badly on the comedy club Charlton Athletic and present and ex players in that video. And people wonder why gay players don't come out when 20th century banter lives and breaths. Is there any man on this thread who thinks calling a team mates mum a slag is acceptable ?

If someone had said that to me when I was young they would have got a bunch of fives and I am not a violent person.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    It's exactly the same kind of banter that goes on in non-league but they were fools to film it. My football whatsapp frequently has worse as we have a couple of players that play for the British Virgin Isles.

It slightly saddens me that when we see footage of our players on social occasions, there usually seems to be a divide between the white players and the black players, you never seem to see them mixing together.

Really?!

Must mean they all hate each other.
  • Options
    This has really pissed off the Dads Army on here
  • Options

As someone who hates the Sun newspaper I don't think that is the issue. I think it reflects badly on the comedy club Charlton Athletic and present and ex players in that video. And people wonder why gay players don't come out when 20th century banter lives and breaths. Is there any man on this thread who thinks calling a team mates mum a slag is acceptable ?

Yup, it would be pretty funny if I had grown up/known the bloke incredibly well.
  • Options

This has really pissed off the Dads Army on here

Well Pike was in his twenties, so from that age range upwards?
  • Options

I don't know why people keep referring to 20 years olds, I met up with a couple of me mates (all 40+) when I was last over who I ain't seen for 3-4 years, and within 20 minutes in the pub I'd tripped one of em over, flat on the floor, as he went to the toilet and he'd come back and cupped a fart in my face to which he was called something like a c*** and this was all before 15:00 on a Friday

A very good point about the behaviour of us more elderly idiots like myself, but who in this right mind other than 20 year olds would film this shit, knowing that it would come to light at some point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HarryLime said:

I don't know why people keep referring to 20 years olds, I met up with a couple of me mates (all 40+) when I was last over who I ain't seen for 3-4 years, and within 20 minutes in the pub I'd tripped one of em over, flat on the floor, as he went to the toilet and he'd come back and cupped a fart in my face to which he was called something like a c*** and this was all before 15:00 on a Friday

A very good point about the behaviour of us more elderly idiots like myself, but who in this right mind other than 20 year olds would film this shit, knowing that it would come to light at some point.
    To send to your mate for a bit of banter?
  • Options
    Can someone enlighten me on summing, as each of them looked into the camera, they said something like "who is this" or words to that affect, so weren't this Facetime or WhatsApp or summin similar?
  • Options

Can someone enlighten me on summing, as each of them looked into the camera, they said something like "who is this" or words to that affect, so weren't this Facetime or WhatsApp or summin similar?

It looks like a video message on WhatsApp yeah. It’s not social media. It’s taken place between a load of mates, who are pissed up, on a night out.
  • Options

It looks like a video message on WhatsApp yeah. It’s not social media. It’s taken place between a load of mates, who are pissed up, on a night out.
    And may or may not be giving who ever received it shit cos the receiver didn’t go out or bailed last minute
  • Options

some of the shit that goes on with WhatsApp and dressing room chat that I’ve been witness too (and sometimes involved in) would make a few people weep if the reaction on here is anything to go by.

Players like Chris Solly are up for taking the piss and receiving the piss, but they’d also be the first to defend players like Kennedy on a Saturday afternoon if it kicked off.

We seem to care more on here because it involves Charlton. I’m guessing 99% of the footballing world will be oblivious to all this or will even remember it in a weeks time.

I'm just surprised how clueless people are with the use of social media- especially public figures. Why create grief for yourself if you don't have to ?
    Whatsapp isn't Social Media...

Its a private messaging service between either two people or a group of friends, if one of those people leak something from Whatsapp then they're the prick

Isnt like Twitter or Facebook (which are Social Media) where when posted... EVERYONE can view it
    Some will argue Whatsapp is social media - it's subjective really. If you film stuff and share it and expect it to be kept private then you're being very naive especially if you're a public figure.

A bit of common sense is needed.
  • Options

Leuth said:

The worst thing is that the Sun probably knows this is a non-story, but they're reporting it in order to provoke a reaction, and then provoke a reaction to the reaction, and then hey presto, everyone's sensationalised

Are you saying it is all fake news? You think the story here is the Sun?

It is disgusting and shameful and embarrassing behaviour and makes a mockery of everything the club has been trying to strive towards for the last number of years.

Also, if this took place in January they were not in the close season; or is it the case they were all on the injured list. I know 30 or 40 years ago professional English footballers would get off their heads like that after a Saturday match but in this day and age I am truly shocked to see professional athletes behave like this. If that was a Saturday they would not have been in a state to do a proper training session until the middle of the following week. Second rate professional athletes and second rate footballers and second rate humans.

What does it say about team spirit and morale? It seems beyond banter to me. Seems incredibly poor management to allow that level of disrespect between teammates to develop. Second rate players, second rate people, second rate manager and second rate owners. Charlton's name is being dragged through the mud at the moment.
    I think you have somewhat misjudged what's gone on there. But that is the problem, some people are good judges and others aren't and get hold of the wrong end of the stick.
  • Options

some of the shit that goes on with WhatsApp and dressing room chat that I’ve been witness too (and sometimes involved in) would make a few people weep if the reaction on here is anything to go by.

Players like Chris Solly are up for taking the piss and receiving the piss, but they’d also be the first to defend players like Kennedy on a Saturday afternoon if it kicked off.

We seem to care more on here because it involves Charlton. I’m guessing 99% of the footballing world will be oblivious to all this or will even remember it in a weeks time.

I'm just surprised how clueless people are with the use of social media- especially public figures. Why create grief for yourself if you don't have to ?

Its a private messaging service between either two people or a group of friends, if one of those people leak something from Whatsapp then they're the prick

Isnt like Twitter or Facebook (which are Social Media) where when posted... EVERYONE can view it
    Some will argue Whatsapp is social media - it's subjective really. If you film stuff and share it and expect it to be kept private then you're being very naive especially if you're a public figure.

Whatsapp is a messaging app. It’s like sending a text and saying OMG HOW CAN U PUT THAT IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN
  • Options
    So, it must be a WhatsApp group chat message thing, and the two players it was aimed at are sitting elsewhere watching it live?

@cantersaddick , did the guys give you this much shit the other week when you were a no show?
  • Options

Funnily enough whether you can define whatsapp as a social media platform is not quiet as simple as a yes or no answer.

My friends and I often use what some here may deem as shocking and vulgar words and terms to describe each other, but this is said in an environment where it is fully known that:

A - We are fully aware of the implications of what we are saying.
    B - We do not mean what we are saying.
    C - The person we are saying it to will not be offended.
    D - There are not people around who may be upset by it.

I expect this is somewhat the same with what went on here, I am sure no one actually involved meant any malice or was upset by what went on. That being said, I never really understand why you would be filming such a thing - especially when you are somewhat in the public spotlight - as there is always a chance that it may get out to someone who will be offended.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

How...? - Its just an a different version of the bog standard Messaging App that your phone automatically comes with
  • Options
    The Wednesday spokesperson sounds like Meire.

The sun decided to keep the "eerr" in

Odd
  • Options
    If you look at the sun for too long you will go blind.
  • Options
    All I can say that it must be a slow day at Wapping if they have to post something that happened over a year ago when a group of friends are on a night out & p**ssed up. I'd be surprised if team mates didn't do this.

How long have they had that footage ???
  • Options
    Didn't know about his injury.

That explains his absence although reading the article one gets the impression he didn't really want to come back to Charlton.
  • Options
    Whoever is arguing that WhatsApp is social media is wrong.

You need to have that persons number on your phone, it’s a private group. If one of those people decides to share the information on it then that’s their choice.

It’s like telling your mate something and he decides to tell someone else and then claiming your pal Keith is a form of social media.
  • Options

How...? - Its just an a different version of the bog standard Messaging App that your phone automatically comes with
    As I mentioned above there's not really a simple answer to this. If you use the dictionary definition of social media:

'websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.'

Then whatsapp technically falls under that bracket.

• Options
    ...and his mum's a shlag
  • Options

As I mentioned above there's not really a simple answer to this. If you use the dictionary definition of social media:

'websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.'

Then whatsapp technically falls under that bracket.

No it doesn’t. You could say anything on the internet is social network then