Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton players in racism storm (video in The Sun).....

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:

I find it embarrassing without the racial undertones that you'd be calling each other c***s on a night out and calling someone's mother a slag. That's bad enough for me. Put's the Club in a very bad light and can't see why anyone would consider it a non story. Footballers are as thick as a brick. Personally think it's shocking behaviour but I'm not surprised.

Literally every 20-something male calls their mates cunt in the most endearing but aggressive way they possibly can.

Complete non story, anyone getting upset with this needs to get a life.
    Does that include Robinson when he mentions it in his press conference on Thursday?
    Robbo will say it was a bonding session
  • Options
    the calling someones mum a slag maybe at secondary school but not at the age of these players.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Look at the positives , at least we have an excuse to terminate Lennon’s contract.

Exactly what I was thinking!!
  • Options
    If this was last January, when did Kennedy get shipped back out to N. Ireland ?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

I find it embarrassing without the racial undertones that you'd be calling each other c***s on a night out and calling someone's mother a slag. That's bad enough for me. Put's the Club in a very bad light and can't see why anyone would consider it a non story. Footballers are as thick as a brick. Personally think it's shocking behaviour but I'm not surprised.

Literally every 20-something male calls their mates cunt in the most endearing but aggressive way they possibly can.

Does that include Robinson when he mentions it in his press conference on Thursday?
    You mean when a local journo looking to fill pages asks him about it?
  • Options

Doesn't the article say that the incident took place last January , in which case there were probably celebrating the start of the Take-Over thread.

If thats the case I'm more curious to know why Robinson decided to take them out to Ireland in January

Dont forget thats the month we ended against Millwall and went on a proper shite run
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

I’m more offended that Morgan Fox is attempting to banter somebody on their footballing ability. Morgan Fox.

So true!!
  • Options

I can honestly say I have never had the urge to call any of my mate's Mothers a slag no matter how drunk I have been. Nor have I ever witnessed this happening. If this is normal behaviour for people in their 20s these days I am well out of touch.

I think the likelihood is you are out of touch. Football dressing rooms from pro to park level can be brutal ‘banter’
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shirty5 said:

You mean when a local journo looking to fill pages asks him about it?
    Yes, and he will condone it.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

shirty5 said:

Robbo will say it was a bonding session
    I'm no fan of the fella but he won't be saying that.
  • Options

the calling someones mum a slag maybe at secondary school but not at the age of these players.

Could just be making a throwback to those days? As in, maybe some one said a “your Mum” joke that fell flat and everyone found it hilarious some one said “your mums a slag” and so use it ironically to each other as a bit of banter.

• Options

March
  • Options

I can honestly say I have never had the urge to call any of my mate's Mothers a slag no matter how drunk I have been. Nor have I ever witnessed this happening. If this is normal behaviour for people in their 20s these days I am well out of touch.

I think the likelihood is you are out of touch. Football dressing rooms from pro to park level can be brutal ‘banter’
    I think you might be right.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
  • Options

After 40 years, I'm gonna start buying The Sun, just so I can stop buying it

I'm sure that I read somewhere that you used to be a dealer?!?
    He sold chickens in Grove Park station I believe and pot noodles
  • Options
    se9addick said:

If this took place in January then I'm guessing it was a few weeks after Robinson was going to give them a talking to after the players got pissed up and filmed it in December...

...sounds like they really respected that dressing down.

January 2017, not 2 months ago
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

March
    Could it be because of bullying that he left?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    LenGlover said:

shirty5 said:

March
    He's back though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Does kind of emphasise a couple of things:

1. How important it is when managers say about getting the right characters in the dressing room.

2. How brutal the dressing room culture / day-to-day banter and bullying can be, and how it’s a survival of the fittest in that sense. you can see some young players don’t make the grade as personality wise they can struggle in that environment. Made me miss Sunday football though!!

You wot? You must have a very different definition of personality from me. A house brick has more personality than the pond life in that clip.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

shirty5 said:

March
    He's back though?
    Don't think so but stand to be corrected on that.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Leuth said:

The worst thing is that the Sun probably knows this is a non-story, but they're reporting it in order to provoke a reaction, and then provoke a reaction to the reaction, and then hey presto, everyone's sensationalised

Don’t see how you can blame the Sun in this. They’ve been offered the footage, and it’s a story worth running. Every other paper would have run the same story if it had gained the footage.
    I don't think they would. The Guardian, Times and Indy wouldn't touch that with a bargepole imho.
  • Options

It slightly saddens me that when we see footage of our players on social occasions, there usually seems to be a divide between the white players and the black players, you never seem to see them mixing together.

Thatll be on another video
  • Options
    Could this have been the thing that was seen on Bauer or Tex's mobile that pissed off Robbo last season.

p.s what kind of an insult is baggy?