Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your favourite comfort food?

Comments

• Options

Crab sticks.
    Loads of em.

WINNER Close thread

Crab sticks.
    Loads of em.

Utter, utter filth
    Crab stick are food of the gods and you end up smelling like a good night in The Millers on Bexley...Win win
    YES
    and
    YESSSSS!!!!!

Someone with extremely good taste who doesn’t care what they smell of :smiley:
  • Options
    and soaked in vodka

• Options
    If at home Jacket potatoe cheese and beans

If hanging wimpey quarter pounder
  • Options

Crab sticks.
    Loads of em.

WINNER Close thread

Crab sticks.
    Loads of em.

Utter, utter filth
    Crab stick are food of the gods and you end up smelling like a good night in The Millers on Bexley...Win win
    YES
    and
    YESSSSS!!!!!

Someone with extremely good taste who doesn’t care what they smell of :smiley:
    ...and, as everyone knows, crab sticks are always made from the best cuts of real crab meat yum yum
  • Options

Tennants Super

Good shout. After 5 or 6 cans you can just go to sleep and not have to worry about comfort food.

I remember West Brom away in 2000, couldn’t get in any pubs near the ground so invested in a “few” cans of Skol Super. I don’t remember much about the game apart from trying to encourage both sets of fans invade the pitch after about 20 mins. @Clem_Snide will remember.
    Lost 2-0 mate.
  • Options
    I go around for a Chinese and just get crab meat and sweet corn soup. Of course they can’t call it that anymore cos they’d get done on trade descriptions!
  • Options
    Macaroni cheese tooped with lots more cheese and sliced tomatoes, and baked until its golden brown
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Lentil and black bean chilli on a jacket potato if the weather is wintry, any other time then it has to be falafel in a fresh pitta, fresh salad, tangy gherkins and a hefty squirt of garlic sriracha sauce.
  • Options
    Danepak said:

Hasselbaink potatoes,

Large and round, slow cooked?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 slices of lovely melted cheese on toast.

Toppings:

Coleslaw
    Tomato ketchup
    Pickle
    Salad cream.

Beans on toast with grated cheese.
  • Options
    XL bacon double cheeseburger from burger king

Cheese on toast is another
  • Options
    Fish and chips.
  • Options

Got to be a roast dinner, followed by crumble or apple pie

Got to be a rhubarb based crumble yeah
  • Options
    Beans on toast, but as I'm on a diet, without the toast.
  • Options
    Beans with a beef oxo cube in on toast with grated cheese. Also a big fan of beef stew and dumplings, shepherds pie and lasagne (not at once).
  • Options

Can’t have comfort food without mash potato

Mine would be quality bangers, mash potato, baked beans, onion gravy and brown sauce

Wallop

The gravy would contaminate the beans.
    This combo should never appear on the same plate.
    As for brown sauce anywhere near beans....

If I have a meat pie with beans on the same plate, an indefensible mash barrier needs to be firmly put in place.
    Agreed. Beans and gravy together is just wrong.
  • Options
    Open roast beef sandwich with chips and gravy,
  • Options
    Cornish pasty, proper ones not Ginsters
    or
    Shepherds pie with beans and peas all mixed in together
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Surprised Heinz tomato soup hasn’t had a mention. Had a tin after a couple of hours out in the snow last week and it was superb

I see that and I raise you a bowl of Pho
  • Options
    Battered halloumi. Amazing.
  • Options

Danepak said:

Hasselbaink potatoes,

Large and round, slow cooked?

Roasted in the oven, brushed with oil, garlic and oregano. Take them out after 30 mins and apply more oil, garlic and oregano. Roast for another 30 mins.

• Options

Surprised Heinz tomato soup hasn’t had a mention. Had a tin after a couple of hours out in the snow last week and it was superb

Hadn't had any for ages but was having some ground floor rooms replastered last week when it was bloody freezing, partly because the blokes were in and out constantly and the doors were open a large part of the time.

Heated up three tins of Heinz for me and them - total silence while we drank it, forgotten how good it is.
  • Options
    A bowl of spicy beef and potatoes over rice, lovely.
  • Options
    Huevos Rotos thanks to the missus (Spanish egg and chips basically but feel free to have a look)

If ordering something in its got to be the mighty pizza.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    On a cold morning working outside,a Greggs sausage and omelette roll with tomato sauce.
  • Options
    chicken shish kebab, garlic sauce and chilli sauce on it.
  • Options

Shepherds pie if I can be arsed to make it.

if not motivated then a heated sausage roll in a sandwich with brown sauce.

I hope that sandwich is made with fried bread made with lard, you wouldn't want to be missing out on your saturated fats
  • Options
    When I was on tools I couldn't go a cold morning without a trip to Ayers bakers for one of their lamb pasties.
    Tomato soup with Worcester sauce also a favourite.