Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC 0 SHREWS 2 - 24/02/2018 POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options

We may have been taught many sharp lessons this season but we seem actually to have learned precious little from them.

Shrews were good to watch. They were the equal of Wigan but not so dirty. Their progress since our 3-0 victory early last season is astonishing.

Sad to say I think KR is indelibly labelled as a part of a jinxed regime, and sooner rather than later this group of talented but under-achieving players must be put into more effective hands. Nathan Jones for one would work wonders.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

A big difference is they have a forward line and we don't. It's not KRs fault it's RDs. For a decent crowd, thought the atmosphere was poor.

I think we can blame the players for that. When you're being completely outplayed AND "outefforted", it's hard for the crowd to get too enthusiastic
  • Options
    Powerful, organised and full of menace, just a pity it wasn't Charlton.
  • Options
    Men against boys
  • Options
    Didn’t go, glad I saved a fiver ... that’s it
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

I hope @LouisMend got superkarl to explain kicking towards the wrong end then...

John Hammond's fault
  • Options
    Thoughts that occurred to me at today's game:

Does Zyro have clause in his loan contract that states he has to play in every game?

Did we get a club handbook 6 months in to the season because Daisy has gone?

Shrewsbury are as advertised after all. So are Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went for a pint in the Angerstein beforehand. Sat down on a sofa and my back gave way completely.

Struggled home on the bus. Missed what sounds like a horror show.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
  • Options
    Effort, never give up, play to the game plan given to you by the manager.

A side I loved watching 20 years ago.

Now seen in the opposition but not by my club.
  • Options
    First time I have been to a game for over a year - was hoping that the takeover would have been announced and the Charlton could move into bright sunlit uplands again ( and I could buy a season next year ).

My wife brought me two tickets for today as a valentines present ( is she fed up with me being around on a Saturday I ask?) and they were in a great position in the West Stand, second row back in D Block, just to the right of the Charlton dugout. I was was intrigued to be so close to the heart of action.

What was interesting was the total lack of any reaction from KR from when the goals were scored - I mean no reaction whatsoever - no emotion - nothing. Was shocked at the response and total lack of urgency. Really didn't look like a man who was engaged with events on the pitch at all and who was just going through the motions.

Anyway drove to my local Weatherspoons to cheer myself up watching England beat Scotland...
  • Options
    Very poor performance. Impressed by Shrewsbury.

Sad saying it (and not putting the blame for today on him over and above the rest of the team) but Solly increasing looks like a shadow of himself, both when defending and going forward.

Even if we did make the play offs, I cannot see this team getting promoted. They don't have enough goals in them and they certainly don't have enough characters, a la the Shirtliff and KInsella captained play off winning teams.
  • Options
    Any ideas why he dropped Bauer? Big call to make, think Karl got it wrong there.
  • Options
    Nadou said:

A big difference is they have a forward line and we don't. It's not KRs fault it's RDs. For a decent crowd, thought the atmosphere was poor.

Football for a Fiver always brings in crowds that aren't really interested. Behind me were two dads who had five kids in tow. The kids (6-8 year olds) were fitted out with scarves etc and spent the entire match kicking the seats in front of them, despite repeated requests to desist, and playing on their phones. Not one of them watched the game.
    Had a bellend in front of me that spent most of the game taking selfies of himself - he actually turned around to get the pitch in the background and was pouting whilst doing so. He got a bit of stick from those around him, but was oblivious to it.
  • Options
    Just home. I had a really good day. Except for the football.

We looked great in the first 5 minutes and could have had two or three goals. How the hell can a professional team run out of steam so quickly? Just unbelievable. So many of our players just crap today. Honourable mentions for Big Josh, Jay D S and Fosu when he came on. Dishonourable mentions for the rest.

I don't think we are good enough to get to the play offs. Roll on a new owner and next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was it golfie a few weeks back said we would be lucky to finish in top 10 i think he might be right.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    clb74 said:

Was it golfie a few weeks back said we would be lucky to finish in top 10 i think he might be right.

I also posted this on the preview thread.........

"football for a fiver. The fans turn up, but the team don't. 1-2"

I do hate being right so many times (apart from the correct score). sigh.

So many things wrong today & most have already been said. No attacking threat, no cohesion, no "bulldog" in midfield, too lightweight, no urgency........ utter shambles.

I've said it many times. KR is no coach. He has no idea how to put a team together. We have 11 individuals doing their own thing. Marshall is getting worse as every game goes by (his fault for the pen as he didn't make space for Solly). Solly should be dropped & Kaikai should be sent back to Palace. Anyone want to take me up on my bet that I made on transfer deadline day that him & Zryo combined would get less goals than KAG ??

As for KR............what were those substitutions ??? LB off injured & replaced by Ajose to play in midfield & Aribo to LB. Put on JJ who is at least left-footed & has played there a number of times. As for Zyro - is it written in the loan deal that he can't come on until the 90th min ?? Was on the touchline for at least 5 mins & the ball had gone out of play 3 times before he came on. He should have come on after 60 mins & played 2 up front. KR should stick to nicking hubcaps.

The first thing a new owner should do, even before he is photographed with scarfy infront of the West Stand is to ring KR & tell him to pack his bags.

PS. What happened to the end of the game huddle ?? Does it only make an appearance when we win ?? Total bollox. Either you're all together or your not. And did the players clap the fans as they went off ?? One minute they were shaking hands with the Shrews players (probably introducing themselves as they hadn't got close to them all game) I looked at the full time scores, looked back & the players had all trooped off. DISGRACEFUL.
  • Options

Went for a pint in the Angerstein beforehand. Sat down on a sofa and my back gave way completely.

Struggled home on the bus. Missed what sounds like a horror show.

Hope it's get better soon Clem
  • Options
    Fair play to Shrewsbury they were in total control for the majority of the game, no disrespect to them but sums up how low we have sunk. Like Gobbo but he really doesn't have a plan b. Shit atmosphere in the North lower, a few tossers having a pop at the fiver day trippers like that will convince them to come back. Solly needs resting brings nothing to the game. Noticed the club shop was doing a roaring trade before the game. For me it's a five hour round trip which I'll continue to make but ffs I hope the takeover happens soon as the enjoyment is waining.
  • Options
    Bought extra tickets for the whole family thinking this would be a celebration game at the end of a very difficult month personally. I’ should have realised that after a decade of almost constant failure, bar SCP, you can’t expect CAFC to raise your spirits. Particularly when it comes to a big game they end up making you wish you’d never gone. My kids won’t want to go again in a hurry. I expect that’s the case for around 10,000 others.
  • Options
    Men against boys today. Hardly surprising after four years of Duchatelet - what do we expect?

I took my Polish neighbours to the match (they've only ever been to four matches between them before). After ten minutes they said, 'you're good, but why are you so small.' Sort of summed up the team and the day really.
  • Options
    Just not good enough. Shrews were bigger, stronger, faster, cleverer.