Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC 0 SHREWS 2 - 24/02/2018 POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Probably over all just a bad day at the office.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Yes teams get better as games progress but collections of individuals do not - something that has been demonstrated in all of the last three home games at the Valley and Robinson has yet to understand. Look at how the Shrewsbury players all knew where there was someone to pass the ball to, while we made forward hooves to goodness knows who on numerous occasions - this is something managers are meant to coach into their players, but which Robinson has patently failed to do. It is time for home to leave - there is only one end of the division that he will take us out of if he stays.

As for the substitutions - playing Ajose so deep when Magennis was hopelessly isolated up front from about 30 minutes onwards just shows a complete lack of initiative. And the Zyro substitution must count as the most pointless and deluded ever.

If we get new owners first priority needs to be to remove the Clueless One even if we are to have the faintest chances of the play off, but more importantly they can start the long delayed task of building a team and be given the opportunity to prepare properly for next season.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    cafctom said:

That, Karl Robinson, is how you take a lead and shut out a game. We didn't get close to their goal after they took the lead.

Tactically they absolutely schooled us. Weathered the storm and then played to their strengths. Well done to Shrewsbury

.image
  • Options

Josh Magennis in the queue for his Chinese at the Water Lilly in Strood.

Would you like me to ask him a question...

ANYONE?

Do you get lonely up front?
  • Options
    OK spleen vented - wine time beckons.
  • Options

Shrewsbury have got a personality from somewhere , take one ffs

Humgover so I ifollow’d it , apart from the first ten we were 2nd by a long long way.

We are playing utter toilet yet are still involved in the play offs that is why this is a shit league .

28% 3rd-6th .......69% 7th-12th ........3% 13th-20th

100% Roland OUT

28% looks very optimistic for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can understand the reasons for playing one up front. It speaks volumes about the (lack of) quality in our club. Marking the one up front for us has to be the easiest job in football you could do an effective job with a shadow. That striker like the rest of team are short changing us, despite being only being a fiver today.
    As much as Shewsbury were good, we were awful. We are a sorry excuse for a professional football team. If the club made it £5 every game we would struggle to attract one man and his dog on that performance.
  • Options
    Absolutely not good enough for promotion this season based on what I have seen.
  • Options
    Apart from the first few minutes where we should have taken one of the 3 chances we were awful. Shrewsbury were strong no doubt about it but our players just made poor decisions and never kept the ball.

Our team lacks physicality. Solly and Pearce had poor games in particular
  • Options

Apart from the first few minutes where we should have taken one of the 3 chances we were awful. Shrewsbury were strong no doubt about it but our players just made poor decisions and never kept the ball.

Our team lacks physicality. Solly and Pearce had poor games in particular

Solly yes.
    I think Pearce done ok tbf
  • Options
    To defend set pieces with 11 men when you are losing 2 nil, more concerned about conceding a 3rd or 4th goal rather than trying to actually score a goal To play one up front who is totally isolated, five in midfield who have no creation. Asking Marshall to do more defensive duties rather than run at players and get crosses in,
    No plan B, I really don't know what i am watching, oh yes i do, the most boring negative football that i have witnessed,
    Stop trying to stifle the opposition and be positive for a change, this football will just drive the support that is left, away.
  • Options
    I missed the first 3 minutes which were apparently our best period and I did not see a shot on target until the 92nd minute. I knew it was going to be a tough game but we did not even show up and I would say that was probably the worst effort from a starting 11 I have seen for a few years. Shrewsbury did the basics very well and stopped us playing which Robinson should have seen from about the first 10 mins and changed it but no he waits until the 53rd minute when we go a goal down before bringing on Fosu. That is our season wrapped up and will only be prolonging the agony if we make it to the playoffs.
  • Options
    That was a shocker. To be fair, it came out of nowhere too, as in recent games we've been playing fairly well in patches, and even when we've lost or drawn, you could put it down to a single bit of slack play costing us, whereas today we were consistently rubbish for virtually the whole game. Was this our worst performance of the season?

I was REALLY impressed with Shrewsbury, a really well coached TEAM, who pressed effectively and broke with skill and speed. I can understand why they're in the top 3 while we're scrapping around for 6th

Hard to single out the worst individuals, Kaikai did virtually nothing, Solly is completely off the boil while Pearce, someone I've been extolling in recent weeks had a shocker too, with some terrible decision making.
  • Options
    For some reason this forum has insulted Shrewsbury all season. Saying they are not good enough, haven't got quality players, will crack up. Most of the comments in this thread continue the theme. The reality is that they are an excellent side who on this showing definitely look good enough to go up.
    We have played worse and won and I suspect will again.
    Nothing much has changed we are a better than average side in this division, with an at best average manager and inexperienced back room staff, and are likely to come in the 7th -12th range.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

On the topic of the referee, maybe one of the most amatuerish things I've seen all season was early on when Kaikai went on a run and was having his shirt grabbed for a good 5-10 yards and the referee played advantage, which was good, BUT HE DIDN'T GO BACK AND BOOK THE PLAYER! It was clearly an attempt at a professional foul, no question, and it was clear that the referee just forgot.

Obviously didn't impact the result, just annoyed me.

There was the free kick to us in the second half where he had to mark the 10 yards and must have lost count and stopped at 8. Didn’t make much difference because the free kick ended up going out for an easy goal kick.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

SDAddick said:

On the topic of the referee, maybe one of the most amatuerish things I've seen all season was early on when Kaikai went on a run and was having his shirt grabbed for a good 5-10 yards and the referee played advantage, which was good, BUT HE DIDN'T GO BACK AND BOOK THE PLAYER! It was clearly an attempt at a professional foul, no question, and it was clear that the referee just forgot.

Obviously didn't impact the result, just annoyed me.

There was the free kick to us in the second half where he had to mark the 10 yards and must have lost count and stopped at 8. Didn’t make much difference because the free kick ended up going out for an easy goal kick.
    That was the one where I though he was giving a geometry lesson when marking the pitch,
    Worth repeating that kicking the wrong way is never good.
    Amos didn't run over to get involved with the kerfuffle I noticed, though people in the crowd (me) encouraged him to do so.
  • Options
    It could easily have been 1-5 today.

We had 3 good chances in the opening 2 minutes and scuffed them all. On 16 minutes they were unlucky not to score from a penalty. They scored twice in the second half, missed a third narrowly on 77 minutes and were able to break quickly and cut through our defence almost at will. We had a number of narrow escapes.

This was a side with no pedigree amongst its players or manager. We were technically inferior to them in almost every department. That is solely down to Robinson.

Their game plan was a packed and combatative midfield + quick accurate passing and rapid breaking upfield. None of their players lingered on the ball for longer than 2-3 seconds.

By comparison, although we had better players, there were too many mishit passes, headers that went nowhere and a seeming indecision about what our game was about. Through the centre? Down the wings?

Curiously, despite what others have posted, I thought Kaikai looked our most skillful player. (Which is not saying too much after todays result...but he did well enough for Shrewsbury a couple of seasons back).
  • Options

It could easily have been 1-5 today.

We had 3 good chances in the opening 2 minutes and scuffed them all. On 16 minutes they were unlucky not to score from a penalty. They scored twice in the second half, missed a third narrowly on 77 minutes and were able to break quickly and cut through our defence almost at will. We had a number of narrow escapes.

This was a side with no pedigree amongst its players or manager. We were technically inferior to them in almost every department. That is solely down to Robinson.

Their game plan was a packed and combatative midfield + quick accurate passing and rapid breaking upfield. None of their players lingered on the ball for longer than 2-3 seconds.

By comparison, although we had better players, there were too many mishit passes, headers that went nowhere and a seeming indecision about what our game was about. Through the centre? Down the wings?

Curiously, despite what others have posted, I thought Kaikai looked our most skillful player. (Which is not saying too much after todays result...but he did well enough for Shrewsbury a couple of seasons back).

i really do not get this continued statement that I keep hearing about this game and our season in general.

None of us watch other teams week in week out. None of us know how good our players are individually compared to any other clubs players.

Although I think I have quite a good vibe that our players are not as good as some of our supporters seem to think and I think it sounds arrogant to keep suggesting it.
    Hallelujah!!!!
  • Options
    My mate has been asking me for weeks can he book our annual jaunt away from the 10th to the 17th May. Tonight i told him yes.
  • Options
    Karl Robinson’s post match interview can be heard here

• Options
    A lot of our players are really not that good - too many basic mistakes.
  • Options
    Taxi for Karl
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Karl Robinson’s post match interview can be heard here

Yawn. Same old Karl,same old