Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2018

Comments

• Options
    Just been announced that Altior is now a doubt for the Champion Chase on Wednesday. Will be a great shame if he misses it.
  • Options
    rumours altior has a minor niggle.
  • Options
    Check Nicky Hendersons twitter, doesn't sound good in my opinion. The Champion Chase is a minefield, just have to wait until Wednesday before making a decision, but that is one race I will be avoiding.
  • Options
    Betway doing money back as free bet up to£10 on 1st and last race.
  • Options
    philcafc said:

Just been announced that Altior is now a doubt for the Champion Chase on Wednesday. Will be a great shame if he misses it.

I'm not surprised as Sunbet are offering 5/1 to new a/cs, max £5 I think. Often a catch somewhere.
  • Options
    altior - is it a genuine issue or that it will hate the heavy ground.
  • Options
    Henderson wanting a bigger price presumably
  • Options
    JT said:

Henderson wanting a bigger price presumably

I doubt that.
  • Options
    Always a bit uncomfortable that bookmakers have such strong connections with owners and trainers and that they are the ones releasing the news - the Chairman of Betbright owns Douvan and says that the horse is unlikely to go the Champion Chase route and then changes his mind. Then Nicky Henderson releases news of Altior via Unibet.

Years ago a trainer or owner would get a ban for even talking to a bookmaker!
  • Options
    Any Tuesday tips from those in the know?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some big priced selections tomorrow for me. Don't have much interest in short priced favs at the best of times but even more so when the ground goes like this!

13.30 MENGLI KHAN
    14.10 -
    14.50 SHANTOU FLYER
    15.30 FAUGHEEN
    16.10 KAYF GRACE
    16.50 SIZING TENNESSEE
    17.30 LE ROCHER
  • Options
    1.30 kalashnikov
    2.10 footpad - no bet
    2.50 sizing codelco ew
    3.30 bvd - no bet
    4.10 kayf grace
    4.50 no comment
    5.30 de plotting shed & demi sang ew

have got the main faves in various accas and multiples never do them as singles, with the exception of uds who i've had my big bet of the week on as with the ground i think it eats them.
  • Options
    1.30 Getabird
    2.10 Footpad
    2.50 Vintage Clouds
    3.30 Buveur Dair
    4.10 Apples Jade
    4.50 Ms Parfois
    5.30 Barney Dwan
    Mostly favourites though.
  • Options

Certainly wants more than 2 mile but will definitely get a fast run race in the Fred Winter and nothing will be staying on better

Do I get the impression that heavy or soft could suit?
  • Options

Coral doing money back on all losers in the Supreme Novices Hurdle. Worth a punt on an outsider?

Is that online only? I hate betting on line.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Coral doing money back on all losers in the Supreme Novices Hurdle. Worth a punt on an outsider?

Is that online only? I hate betting on line.
    I believe it's online only but could be wrong.
  • Options
    Sneaky feeling for Saint Calvados in the 2.10.
  • Options
    First Flow in the opener. Will appreciate the rain and money back if it doesn’t win with SkyBet
  • Options
    For the uneducated plastic horse racing fan like me that only crops up for this week and the grand national, I’m thinking of doing lucky 15’s this year. Last 3 years I’ve done super Heinz and I’m thinking lucky 15 is a better option. Any thoughts on this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

First Flow in the opener. Will appreciate the rain and money back if it doesn’t win with SkyBet

I'm with you VG. Kim Bailey was absolutely adamant after the horse's Newbury win that it wouldn't go anywhere near the Festivals because he wanted to save it for the future but, more to the point, it is so ground dependent. I'm hoping that the abandonment of Kelso last week (it's original target) will prove a nice quirk of fate. It's got a fair bit to find on the front two but the grond and Cheltenham hill will, hopefully, prove a leveller.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

For the uneducated plastic horse racing fan like me that only crops up for this week and the grand national, I’m thinking of doing lucky 15’s this year. Last 3 years I’ve done super Heinz and I’m thinking lucky 15 is a better option. Any thoughts on this

Lucky 15s are a better bet simply because you lose so many bets once you've had a loser on a super heinz - from 120 bets you lose 63 for one loser and 94 if you have two.

If you do a Lucky 15 with Betfred you should get 3 times the price for one winner (most only pay twice) - so one winner at bigger than 9/2 and you will be in front on the bet. Even a 3/1 winner gets you 2/3rds of your stake back. For a Lucky 63 (6 selections) I think Betfred pay 5 times but it means that even a 12/1 isn't going to get you your money back.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Lucky 15s are a better bet simply because you lose so many bets once you've had a loser on a super heinz - from 120 bets you lose 63 for one loser and 94 if you have two.

If you do a Lucky 15 with Betfred you should get 3 times the price for one winner (most only pay twice) - so one winner at bigger than 9/2 and you will be in front on the bet. Even a 3/1 winner gets you 2/3rds of your stake back. For a Lucky 63 (6 selections) I think Betfred pay 5 times but it means that even a 12/1 isn't going to get you your money back.
    Ta mate

I’ve also realised how hard it is just to dip into this. When you read the guides immediately numerous opinions on who to go for, all contradicting one another. Really where you need a bit of knowledge. Let’s see. I’m looking forward to it
  • Options
    I thoroughly recommend Ben Linfoot's Value Bet which has shown a consistent profit over the years. Granted, I think he's better on the flat, but I'd definitely have a look at his e/w selections.

Cogry is one that came to mind immediately when looking over the cards, especially given how good he can be on testing ground, and I'm glad Ben agrees!
  • Options
    Ok I'll start off today's selections. I always look for value, back low-weight horses in handicaps and avoid short price favourites:

1.30 - First Flow
    2.10 - Petit Mouchoir
    2.50 - Eamon An Cnoic
    3.30- Elgin
    4.10 - La Bague Au Roi
    4.50 - Ms Parfois
    5.30 - Mister Whitaker

Good luck to everyone who gets involved!

• Options
    Done a single on mr Whittaker in 5.30.
    And ew lucky 15 on
    1.30 western Ryder
    2.50 cogry 5 places
    4.50 impulsive star 4 places
    5.30 le Rocher 6 places.
  • Options
    Altior sound this morning so should run tomorrow. My Tent or Yours is a non-runner in the Champion Hurdle.

• Options
    In @ValleyGary I trust - lumped £20 on first flow to win with Skybet

Also done a lucky 15

Good luck all
  • Options
    cabbles said:

In @ValleyGary I trust - lumped £20 on first flow to win with Skybet

Also done a lucky 15

Good luck all

haha i apologise now mate!