Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD to demand answers at pre-match rally on Saturday (ed. POSTPONED )

Comments

• Options
    Redskin said:

Do people really think that a couple of hundred people shouting outside the West Stand could jeopardise any potential sale?

It's about creating attention and forcing action.. be it media attention or be action from Murray and co. in the communications department.

Everything CARD does contributes a little - I'd probably as far as to say without some sort of official movement ala CARD, KM would quite possibly still be our CEO.

This won't force a sale but it all is positive.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

Firstly I want to congratulate CARD on their continued campaign which has done a massive amount to highlight the issues that have been created by Roland Duchatelet and his ownership of CAFC. That said I really believe that the idea that Richard Murray will come into the car park and make some sort of statement regarding the future of the club and the players is somewhat naïve for several reasons:

1) Its probably not his place to make any statement on behalf of RD and indeed he probably doesn't know exactly what he has planned. Moreover he cannot give assurances regarding players future because that really is up to RD, the players agent and the player himself
    2) If there is Due Diligence taking place then in fact statements regarding the future of the club will be curtailed until this is complete, otherwise valuations that have been initially agreed may be changed as a result of somebody saying something that could be detrimental either way.
    3) Why would he "put his head in the lions mouth" like this? I certainly wouldn't, gatherings like this generally don't shed much light but do generate a lot of heat. How is he sensibly going to answer genuine concerns with everyone baying at once? Just doesn't work

What would be a better idea would be for CARD representatives to seek a one to one meeting where a genuine, constructive conversation can take place, I for one trust the CARD folks to report on this via this site and would be a far more sensible approach.

Clearly the old goat wants out however, and here is the problem, he has stated clearly that CAFC does not figure large in his portfolio hence he cares little about it so he is in a position if he so chooses to hang this out, strip the assets and move it on when he can get something adjacent to want he wants, just to make a point.

I see this situation possibly different from a lot of you guys and view the current situation as potentially the most dangerous to the club, we have an owner who has stated he's no longer interested, it doesn't make a dent in his personal wealth one way or the other, he appears to be stripping out what he can before any sale goes through and lastly he could pull the plug on any deal after all this has happened leaving us worse off now than we were in December.

If the EFA do not look at their criteria for owning Football clubs after this (and other) farrago then they are not worth a shitty stick.

Good luck to CARD and you guys on Saturday (can't make the game) and I guess it's a case of hope for the best and expect the worst.

I agree - hope I'm wrong but looks to me that the 2 people who were maybe in on his recent plan to sell (seemed that something changed around the time of the Best deal) have jumped ship before the real 'shit' starts happening - we could be entering a period of cutting costs down to the bone leaving a skeleton management team in place and him just sitting back in Belgium with 2 fingers up. If that does turn out to be the case then things could get very bad. I think we have to hope this takeover goes through because a war of attrition could end very very badly for everybody. Would RM jump then and if so how would the club be lead by over here??? Let's hope a buyout including ground, training ground and everything else is sorted asap.
    That's rather the point of asking questions now.
    Understood - no argument here although not sure a slanging match in a car park is going to work very well
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

Firstly I want to congratulate CARD on their continued campaign which has done a massive amount to highlight the issues that have been created by Roland Duchatelet and his ownership of CAFC. That said I really believe that the idea that Richard Murray will come into the car park and make some sort of statement regarding the future of the club and the players is somewhat naïve for several reasons:

1) Its probably not his place to make any statement on behalf of RD and indeed he probably doesn't know exactly what he has planned. Moreover he cannot give assurances regarding players future because that really is up to RD, the players agent and the player himself
    2) If there is Due Diligence taking place then in fact statements regarding the future of the club will be curtailed until this is complete, otherwise valuations that have been initially agreed may be changed as a result of somebody saying something that could be detrimental either way.
    3) Why would he "put his head in the lions mouth" like this? I certainly wouldn't, gatherings like this generally don't shed much light but do generate a lot of heat. How is he sensibly going to answer genuine concerns with everyone baying at once? Just doesn't work

What would be a better idea would be for CARD representatives to seek a one to one meeting where a genuine, constructive conversation can take place, I for one trust the CARD folks to report on this via this site and would be a far more sensible approach.

Clearly the old goat wants out however, and here is the problem, he has stated clearly that CAFC does not figure large in his portfolio hence he cares little about it so he is in a position if he so chooses to hang this out, strip the assets and move it on when he can get something adjacent to want he wants, just to make a point.

I see this situation possibly different from a lot of you guys and view the current situation as potentially the most dangerous to the club, we have an owner who has stated he's no longer interested, it doesn't make a dent in his personal wealth one way or the other, he appears to be stripping out what he can before any sale goes through and lastly he could pull the plug on any deal after all this has happened leaving us worse off now than we were in December.

If the EFA do not look at their criteria for owning Football clubs after this (and other) farrago then they are not worth a shitty stick.

Good luck to CARD and you guys on Saturday (can't make the game) and I guess it's a case of hope for the best and expect the worst.

I agree - hope I'm wrong but looks to me that the 2 people who were maybe in on his recent plan to sell (seemed that something changed around the time of the Best deal) have jumped ship before the real 'shit' starts happening - we could be entering a period of cutting costs down to the bone leaving a skeleton management team in place and him just sitting back in Belgium with 2 fingers up. If that does turn out to be the case then things could get very bad. I think we have to hope this takeover goes through because a war of attrition could end very very badly for everybody. Would RM jump then and if so how would the club be lead by over here??? Let's hope a buyout including ground, training ground and everything else is sorted asap.
    As per.
    Go on rr - as u appear to be stalking me maybe u could explain
  • Options
    I've decided that since a statement has been made I will stay in the working men's club and play cards like an old working man.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Redskin said:

Do people really think that a couple of hundred people shouting outside the West Stand could jeopardise any potential sale?

It's about creating attention and forcing action.. be it media attention or be action from Murray and co. in the communications department.

Everything CARD does contributes a little - I'd probably as far as to say without some sort of official movement ala CARD, KM would quite possibly still be our CEO.

I wasn't asking about the intention of a protest, I was asking if people thought it could jeopardise a potential sale - which some poor souls actually convinced themselves it could.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Redskin said:

I wasn't asking about the intention of a protest, I was asking if people thought it could jeopardise a potential sale.
    I think all this "jeopardise a potential sale" is nonsense. If any buyer standing in the wings is not aware of the toxic atmosphere around the Valley at the moment I fear we are being bought by aliens.
  • Options

I've decided that since a statement has been made I will stay in the working men's club and play cards like an old working man.

No statement on the O.S. ???
  • Options
    Is there a statement somewhere?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Is there a statement somewhere?

I have a feeling that there is one, some have seen it but it's not been released yet
  • Options
    F@ck me time goes quick 13 years ago
  • Options
    Meeting with the Trust - see their site
  • Options
    edited January 2018
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Redskin said:

I wasn't asking about the intention of a protest, I was asking if people thought it could jeopardise a potential sale - which some poor souls actually convinced themselves it could.
    My apologies, mis-read your comment. Definitely not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will the rally be cancelled now?
  • Options
    What time you getting down there shorty
  • Options
    The assembled masses will now chant anti-Duchatelet numbers until the Trust's Chair and Vice-Chair are finally ushered out of the Boardroom and stagger into the bright daylight to tell us what the Prince has to say. Our points will have been made and we will either learn something or have it confirmed that the man-in-charge knows sod-all more than the rest of us and the Marie Celeste will continue to bob about in League One for an indeterminate age. If the best bid to date is only half of what Duchatelet will greedily accept for the club, he will continue to rack up debt on the club and the status quo will remain unchanged. An unambitious, disinterested, absentee owner who will continue to starve the club of resources and continue to increase the gap between what anyone will pay for the club and the size of it's debts. It won't end well. Meanwhile, we will lose another couple of thousand fans as the club continues to shrink to fit in with our next inevitable relegation. He will die eventually.....I only hope it's before I throw the towel in completely.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info and links folks.
  • Options
    Fair play to Murray.

I personally still don’t think you’ll find out anything new.

We know there are various parties interested in buying the club.

We know that Roland is over valuing the club.

We know money is not going to be invested in the team this window.
  • Options
    We wait for the white smoke to appear once the meeting has concluded.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I hope egos are not what is driving this. I hope there is one deep rooted aim and that is support for Charlton and to see the failure of RD and KM gone. KM has gone but the poison is still in the club.
    My take is to expect Murray to come and address the crowd is a rather far fetched expectation.
    We all appear to be of the view Murray has been too supportive of the current regime and now is his time to assist the club.
    I feel he may respond but not to a shouting protest.
    It would be wise for CARD to write him a letter ( their words are usually excellent) symbolically present it to the club at the protest and let him respond to that. I hope the response may be directly to CARD
    , which they can publish, or through the club.
    He must know what is needed and that he is expected to manage in a different way. If he does not, forget the protest- all is lost.

Egos? No.
    Letter? Yes.
    The questions have been asked and are in the open - Murray is an intelligent enough man to find the right form of response should he want to do so.
  • Options
    Christ, that's brought back just how shite that match was. One of the most abject performances I have ever seen. Thanks RD