Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KR calls out Roland

145791012

Comments

  • edited January 7
    JamesSeed said:

    Holmes isn’t a Championship player. Well not a good one anyway. He’s not consistent enough. His passing isn’t good enough.

    Completely disagree as I think most fans would
  • Regarding the players - they don’t all care as much as people think they do, end of the day it’s a job.
  • This is very difficult for KR,surely you cannot expect someone who is selling a business to invest in it ,especially when that person has been reviled and ridiculed by all and sundry.Roland will say that he saved the club from administration,which is probably correct,and therefore this gave him the right to do things his way.He has seen the error of his ways,but will not admit it and is now seeking to exit with honour.The last thing he will do is give the new owners a free ride,in case they make a success of the club and he is proved wrong.I do not think he will sell in this transfer window,although I hope I am wrong.
  • JamesSeed said:

    Holmes isn’t a Championship player. Well not a good one anyway. He’s not consistent enough. His passing isn’t good enough.

    OK I think he looked it for some of last season and at the beginning of this season, but something has changed. All aspects of his game have suffered. To me he doesn't look like a good championship player. I'd love to be wrong, as at his best he's great!
  • Wynn Grant has also confirmed on his blog that he knew of this conversation before it was made public on here. I have no doubt at all that the conversation took place and what was said. Once again I say, lets give KR a chance to prove himself with proper funds and an ambitious owner(s), if it fails then off he goes, if he succeeds don't we all win?

    Not our decision to make. That will be up to the new owners if they want to keep him.
  • Sponsored links:


  • JamesSeed said:

    JamesSeed said:

    Holmes isn’t a Championship player. Well not a good one anyway. He’s not consistent enough. His passing isn’t good enough.

    OK I think he looked it for some of last season and at the beginning of this season, but something has changed. All aspects of his game have suffered. To me he doesn't look like a good championship player. I'd love to be wrong, as at his best he's great!
    To be honest I agree with you, I don't think he'd cut it in the Championship.
  • shirty5 said:

    Wynn Grant has also confirmed on his blog that he knew of this conversation before it was made public on here. I have no doubt at all that the conversation took place and what was said. Once again I say, lets give KR a chance to prove himself with proper funds and an ambitious owner(s), if it fails then off he goes, if he succeeds don't we all win?

    Not our decision to make. That will be up to the new owners if they want to keep him.
    @shirty5 Yep don't disagree with you at all mate. I just hope the new owners will give him a 'shot' at promotion, if only for some stability after the last 4 years of turmoil. I know its unlikely, but for once it would be nice if someone in our shambles of a club, currently, is given a chance with some funds.
  • He worked for franchise FC and he came here, what I can’t understand is he turned down Leeds about 6 months before coming to The Valley.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36364264
  • edited January 7

    He worked for franchise FC and he came here, what I can’t understand is he turned down Leeds about 6 months before coming to The Valley.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36364264

    He probably realised that Leeds fans wouldn't be so forgiving when he was found out.
  • edited January 7

    seth plum said:

    Well if Robbo digs his heels in in some way or another, he at least is showing some gumption after being so fulsome towards the regime when he first arrived.
    One not unimaginable scenario is Duchatelet remains, Robinson departs, and Jacko becomes manager.

    How else would a new manager be towards his employer?
    Just keep shtum and get on with the job in hand.

    BTW, that's an answer to your question, not the latest edict from the Director of Moderation :wink:
  • The first priority and loyalty of any worker is to his/her own family.

    The bills have to be paid and the mortgage has to be met. This is true of the vast majority of football managers too. Let’s face it, can any one of us say we entirely agree with the ethics, morality, ideas and systems of our employers? I doubt it. The vast majority of us ordinary mortals put up and shut up, we do what it takes to keep the job.

    Each season there are about 800 out of work professional footballers looking for a club. Football managers? I don’t know, but there can only be one at each club which makes the vacant roles highly sought after. There seems little point in taking the role at Charlton and then immediately going toe to toe with the person who can fire you. I quite like the spirit of KR he seems genuine in his love of Charlton and his desire for us and himself to succeed. It is a very fine line he has to tread between the owner and the fans. It can’t be easy.

    I think that's a very fair point. Whilst I don't see him as some kind of hero for speaking out when there's basically nothing to lose, he needs to provide for his family and there are bills to pay, which comes first. This is a guy who didn't play professional football.
  • KR cannot lose if this is true.

    1: Gets sacked and gets paid off
    2: RD lets him sign players
    3: RD lets him carry on without signing players before he sells the club

    Obviousky KR would have preferences to each of these scenarios, he either has a big payout, improves the squad AND keeps his job, or just keeps his job anyway and hopes new owners keep him (again, a payout if they don’t)

    This might be simplistic, but he would get another job quite easily IMO, I believe he cares about CAFC, but ultimately has a family and career to consider first.

  • Sponsored links:


  • Regarding the players - they don’t all care as much as people think they do, end of the day it’s a job.

    This 100%
  • DA9 said:

    KR cannot lose if this is true.

    1: Gets sacked and gets paid off
    2: RD lets him sign players
    3: RD lets him carry on without signing players before he sells the club

    Obviousky KR would have preferences to each of these scenarios, he either has a big payout, improves the squad AND keeps his job, or just keeps his job anyway and hopes new owners keep him (again, a payout if they don’t)

    This might be simplistic, but he would get another job quite easily IMO, I believe he cares about CAFC, but ultimately has a family and career to consider first.

    Wouldn't the club have an option to sack him without compo if he's been slagging the owner off, in public to "customers"?
  • seth plum said:

    Well if Robbo digs his heels in in some way or another, he at least is showing some gumption after being so fulsome towards the regime when he first arrived.
    One not unimaginable scenario is Duchatelet remains, Robinson departs, and Jacko becomes manager.

    How else would a new manager be towards his employer?
    Measured.
  • or is Karl just playing mindgames on the teams around us.
  • JamesSeed said:

    Why would he tell a fan in a car park?

    Why do you think?
    He hasn't told it to the press so why would he tell a fan?
  • JamesSeed said:

    Why would he tell a fan in a car park?

    Why do you think?
    He hasn't told it to the press so why would he tell a fan?
    Why do you think?
  • Not sure what to make of this to be honest. Whilst I can understand his frustration he needs to counter it with professionalism. Talking about players in this public manner is a no no for me, what good comes out of it?

    I would be pretty cross if I was one of the players he talked about as would the owning club if they hear about it and the atmosphere amongst the squad we have will not be improved at a time when our form is abysmal.

    As for calling RD an idiot, well I have no problem with that. Although as one poster has said above, cancelling these purchasers if the sale of the club is anywhere near is one of the few non idiotic things he has done.
  • Totally agree


    Players are commodities of football clubs and are treated as such for anyone to think they actually care like fans do is madness ,

    With KR fair play to him for saying it and as said above he can’t lose

    Perfect escape pod

  • seth plum said:

    seth plum said:

    Well if Robbo digs his heels in in some way or another, he at least is showing some gumption after being so fulsome towards the regime when he first arrived.
    One not unimaginable scenario is Duchatelet remains, Robinson departs, and Jacko becomes manager.

    How else would a new manager be towards his employer?
    Measured.
    People's oppinions on what a young managers "measured" response should be to constant questions re. the protests / owners (his bosses) etc., at the time of his appointment is obviously very subjective.
Sign In or Register to comment.