Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan v Charlton - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:

Fumbluff said:

ross1 said:
    Was it @Leuth that said player for player we were equal to that? Someone's still on the sherry.....
    Well, with both squads at full-strength there's virtually no difference between first XIs except up front. I think we might even have the edge in midfield. As it is...they're a little stronger, sure, but it's not the gulf some are making it out to be. We COULD surprise them if they all show up.
    Like creeping up behind them and shouting BOO ?
  • Options
    Anyone know a place to see it streamed?
  • Options

Belgium :wink:
  • Options
    Injured or not I think both Reeves and Holmes could consider themselves lucky to have started after Southend.

I imagine much of the early morning video analysis on Wednesday was based on players not working hard enough when we don’t have the ball. Both Holmes and Reeves are releucted to track back and far to often Ball watching.

Fingers crossed Marshall has a good game tonight and people watching understand his overal contribution both in defence and attack is much needed.
  • Options

Mentioned here but highly unlikely.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/comments/7mvwv5/29_dec_1945_gmt_wigan_athletic_vs_charlton/
  • Options
    Wigan 6 games without a defeat, Charlton 6 games without a win. Why is it when this happens with other teams when we are on a winning run, we fear the worst, but tonight, we expect a hammering?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    The place to see it streamed is the Wigan website, but there's a carefully-cloaked Masonic secret behind it so you'll never know how. (Alternatively you can check out that 'matches streamed outside the UK' thread) ;)
  • Options
    Evening all, expecting a heavy beating myself but we always do this on Fridays, open a bottle and hope for the best. COYR.
  • Options

Reeves on the bench I see, I assume he's being kept back for Gillingham. actually not that weak team in the circumstances. ..

Actually no. He's being kept back for the Checkatrade QF as KR is prioritising a run in the Cup now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Me and @KillersBeard have made the looooong trip up north if anyone wants to tune in via Valley Pass at around 7.30pm.

I have Valley Pass, but told myself to listen to the commentary tonight, but have since changed my mind. I have been warned off from saying why.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Me and @KillersBeard have made the looooong trip up north if anyone wants to tune in via Valley Pass at around 7.30pm.

I have Valley Pass, but told myself to listen to the commentary tonight, but have since changed my mind. I have been warned off from saying why.
    Katie doing the commentary ?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @WillGrigg going in search of his 100th club career goal tonight

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSPLU0wX0AEs7Ko.jpg
  • Options

seth plum said:

Katie doing the commentary ?
    No. But I haven't listened to the away commentary since around about Rotherham United away.
  • Options

@AFKABartram seeing you are 1 hour ahead - what’s the score and how are we playing?

0-2 and shit. So better than expected.
  • Options
    I think 4-3-3 is a much better system
  • Options
    Is tonight goodbye to our wonder kid Dodoo?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

You've made me want to listen now.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

If we're 3 down (or 3 up) I'd give him a run out as a parting gift to the fans ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Signing in from wet and chilly Gay Paree.

Just found out the news about Daisy Dimwit leaving, so even a tonking tonight won,t dampen my mood.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

Hopefully
  • Options
    Fuck me you’d think this was our U12 side vs Brazil 78 the way some of you lot are going on.

Grow a pair ffs.
  • Options
    Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but don't we have history with tonight's ref, Trevor Kettle?
  • Options

Fuck me you’d think this was our U12 side vs Brazil 78 the way some of you lot are going on.

Grow a pair ffs.

Let's revisit this comment at full time...
  • Options
    Hopefully the 1288 Charlton making the trip will have something to cheer
  • Options

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but don't we have history with tonight's ref, Trevor Kettle?

Get the reason for losing in early
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Kneeling here with three copies of the Horse and Hounds down my trousers waiting for a beating tonight!

As for the football, who knows? with our fucked up miss managed menagerie of chaos of a football club...
  • Options

Grow a pair ffs.

Let's revisit this comment at full time...
    Feel free. I’ve got the minerals to take a defeat on the chin.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Grow a pair ffs.

On recent form I’m not sure you can say it’s that closely matched. Having said that, when odds start looking that wide then the improbable becomes more likely. 2-0 to Charlton clearly nailed on
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!