Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Peterborough | Tue 28 Nov | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Think best had to be signed today and his papers with the FA to feature tomorrow. So unless they have done that and he hasn't been announced he can't play.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I remember listening to Talk Sport in 2010 with Adrian Durham presenting when we hammered Posh, he would not give out any more score after it got to about 3 or 4 goals to us. We beat them 5-1 at their place

That bloke is a penis
  • Options
    Always goals against Peterborough.
    1-1
  • Options

A must win game, seeing as its our game in hand & we are starting to slip down the league.

However, I fear the players are running on fumes & with the stupid decision not to sign a striker of note & as I type still no word of Leon Best signing before tomorrow, I fear we will draw a blank in the goals column & Posh will win 2-0.

You do make me chuckle Golfie.
    Slip down the league
  • Options
    2-1 victory - crap game.
  • Options
    3 points tomorrow- surely.
  • Options
    Peterborough can score a goal or two so we need to get two or three in front to not be biting our fingernails all evening.
  • Options
    Tough one to call, hope we can nick it but fancy a draw 1-1
  • Options
    Always darkest before the dawn. 1 - 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2017

No take over and no promotion in prospect.

Very bored indeed.

What was the point of Reeves ?

Reeves is that last bendy wickless Hanuka candle left in the box, and you just know it has no chance of ever being lit...
  • Options
    2:0 Addicks, Reeves miraculous double following unexpected last minute recovery.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

A must win game, seeing as its our game in hand & we are starting to slip down the league.

However, I fear the players are running on fumes & with the stupid decision not to sign a striker of note & as I type still no word of Leon Best signing before tomorrow, I fear we will draw a blank in the goals column & Posh will win 2-0.

You do make me chuckle Golfie.
    Slip down the league
    Why ?? what have I said that is incorrect ?? 2 weeks ago we were 4th, we are now 6th. If we lose tomorrow night Peterborough are just 3 points behind us. Our next 2 league games are then against Portsmouth & Blackburn. Lose those 2 games & then we could be down to 8th. I wasn't at Scunthorpe, but I have seen the previous 2 games & they didn't install me with confidence & I fear that with the injuries piling up & no cover for Magennis then we will start losing games.
  • Options

2-1 victory - crap game.

Have to say, haven't seen many crap games this season. Even when we haven't been great, they've been okish.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

2-1 victory - crap game.

Have to say, haven't seen many crap games this season. Even when we haven't been great, they've been okish.
    That reminds me Peter Ustinov's school report: "he sets himself extremely low standards, which unfortunately he fails to meet"...
  • Options
    Sorry golf it was the starting to slip down the league that got me.
    We've just lost our 1st game in 8 we was always going to drop at least 1 place if we'd lost that game.
    You said it was our game in hand after tonight we will still have a game in hand over 4 teams around us.
    I'll admit we do really need 7 points from the next 3 home games because I can't see us getting hardly anything from the next 3 aways.
    If we can get through next 6 games and get 10 points I'd be happy.
    Don t really like doing ifs, but if we win tonight we open up an 8 point gap to 7th with a game in hand on a few and only 3 points from Shrewsbury so we'd be in a better position than 2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    2-0 to us, Bauer header to get us going and big Josh seals the win.

Obviously all matches are important, but this feels like an especially important one as a) it will mean a nice gap between the top six and the rest of the division which will allow us to concentrate on the teams above us rather than those behind, b) how we respond to losses will be incredibly important. The Scunthorpe loss was disappointing but acceptable given the circumstances however we can't let it turn into a bad run.
  • Options

Very bored indeed.

I think saying there's "no promotion in prospect" is a bit harsh, we're pretty comfortably in the playoffs at the moment and on Saturday we had sights trained on the automatic spots before losing to a decent team who scored a couple of decent goals.

This season is a significant upgrade on the couple before (although that takeover would still be lovely!).
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

JamesSeed said:

Taking my fried (friend) Peter who supports Peterborough because of the name.
    I ask you.

2-0 Marshall, Best.

There's a bloke at work who supports Scunthorpe for the same reason.......
    It will be difficult for Best to score as he hasn't signed yet.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nervy 1-0 win to us.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Very bored indeed.

I think saying there's "no promotion in prospect" is a bit harsh, we're pretty comfortably in the playoffs at the moment and on Saturday we had sights trained on the automatic spots before losing to a decent team who scored a couple of decent goals.

This season is a significant upgrade on the couple before (although that takeover would still be lovely!).
    Yes, far too early to write off automatic, or assume Wigan (and Blackburn) are certs.

I remember the Parky season where Leeds and us stormed into a strong position at the top, but both of us stuttered, with us limping into the playoffs and Leeds just hanging on to automatic
  • Options
    If Best is to sign he will not be eligible for tonight

41.5 Subject to Regulations 41.6, 41.7 and 55, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (including, for the avoidance of doubt, Temporary Loan Transfers) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

If Best is to sign he will not be eligible for tonight

41.5 Subject to Regulations 41.6, 41.7 and 55, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (including, for the avoidance of doubt, Temporary Loan Transfers) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.

It's odd with Best, not really sure what we're doing with him. I know he would have been massively short of match fitness when he first joined us but he's been training with us for a while now and I would have thought a heavily appearances-based deal would have been possible which might have allowed him to play in the Checkatrade matches.
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a1d510c0974c/robinson-charlton-very-positive-ahead-of-peterborough-united-clash

Solly is a doubt for tonight as well...
    The Addicks’ injury list will not be any shorter ahead of the match and Robinson also admitted that an additional name could be added to it.

He said: “No one is back and Chris Solly could be out. He’s another one to add to the list and joins Pearcey, Tariqe, Clarkey, Reevesy and Pagey.
  • Options
    Solly out tonight too and no one back, so I guess same team as at Scunthorpe but with Dijksteel in at right back...

The injury list and the ridiculous decision not to sign a striker, despite getting Novak, Ajose, Watt and Vetokele off the books one way or another, could really derail the promising start
  • Options

Very bored indeed.

Reeves is that last bendy wickless Hanuka candle left in the box, and you just know it has no chance of ever being lit...
    Good metaphor.
  • Options

Splodge said:

Solly out tonight too and no one back, so I guess same team as at Scunthorpe but with Dijksteel in at right back...

The injury list and the ridiculous decision not to sign a striker, despite getting Novak, Ajose, Watt and Vetokele off the books one way or another, could really derail the promising start

Would hope for this:

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Sarr DaSilva
    Kashi Aribo
    Holmes JFC Marshall
    Magennis
    Would be more than happy with that. Definitely makes sense to use players like Aribo more. Dodoo and Karlan haven't staked a claim so good idea to give Joe a go and allow JFC to play further forward. He's already shown himself to be a goal threat.