Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL's Favourite Albums: The Semis - Revolver v Bridge Over Troubled Water

Comments

• Options
    I’d find it hard to vote against any Beatles album.

Revulva for me.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Neither would have been my choices at this stage of the game, but Revolver by a mile.

I'm imagining being there in 66, a music fan, and listening to Tomorrow Never Knows for the first time. That shit would fuck me up, in a good way. And so many of the songs stand the test of time!

This *really* won't be to everyone's tastes, but here is Jacob Collier covering Eleanor Rigby. His approach to harmony is just unreal.

*quick edit - And that approach to harmony potentially wouldn't be there without amazing original source material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuMOy_EKbIU
  • Options
    Revolver.
  • Options
    Notwithstanding Yellow Submarine, and certainly no disrespect to BOTW, it is Revolver.
  • Options
    Revolver
  • Options
    Can I change my vote to BOTW, just to make it less of a landslide.
  • Options

Can I change my vote to BOTW, just to make it less of a landslide.

If you wish
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Neither would have been my choices at this stage of the game, but Revolver by a mile.

I'm imagining being there in 66, a music fan, and listening to Tomorrow Never Knows for the first time. That shit would fuck me up, in a good way. And so many of the songs stand the test of time!

This *really* won't be to everyone's tastes, but here is Jacob Collier covering Eleanor Rigby. His approach to harmony is just unreal.

*quick edit - And that approach to harmony potentially wouldn't be there without amazing original source material.

load of crap if you ask me. Sounds like a 10 year old tinkering with an old piano,
  • Options
    Revolver
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Thanks. I enjoyed that, although my wife found it pretty stressful and asked me to switch it off after about 6 minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Revolver
  • Options
    Revolver for me, every time.
  • Options
    BOTW
  • Options
    Revolver.

The greatest band's greatest album.
  • Options
    Revolver
  • Options
    Revolver
  • Options
    Bridge Over Troubled Water
  • Options
    BOTW
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Stone Roses

:wink:

This one ain’t easy. As I said in the last round, for the simple reason that in a roundabout way, it resulted in The Only Living Boy in New Cross, I’ll go for BOTW.

Yes, I know it’s illogical but the best album is already out so I don’t care.

:smiley:
  • Options
    BOTW
  • Options
    Revolver
  • Options
    I live in the country so.....

Revolver by a country mile.
  • Options
    I'm going to abstain. I don't know either album that well, but Here, There and Everywhere and The Boxer are two great tracks. Out of all the songs there, though, my favourites, Elvis's Bridge Over Troubled Water and Emmylou Harris's Here, There and Everywhere, aren't the versions on these albums.
  • Options
    Revolver.
  • Options
    I listened to large chunks of both again on a plane flight this morning. I had lost my headphones so bought some BOSE noise cancelling ones in the airport (not very impressed with them, too much bass and tin out at high volume)

My dad owned both albums and I’ve listened to them since I was about 6. I’ve always listened more to BOTW.

I voted Revolver because when you listen to it there is so much innovation on there, stereo switches, complex Indian drumming g in a morenor less pop song. But I found today me skipping a few tracks with yellow submarine being the start of a trend.

BOTW though I wanted to hear every track. So I’m changing my mind, as a complete album that you can listen to back to back, it’s BOTW.
  • Options
    BOTW
  • Options
    Revolver