Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Ahearne Grant (Joins Crawley on loan - Page 6)

Comments

• Options

Lurker said:

Excellent. We can only have eleven players in the pitch at once. What's the point of having extra payers?

hmmmm, let me think. Last August we shipped out Vetokele, Watt, Ajose & Novak which left us with just Magennis, KAG (who KR didn't play) and Dodoo. That worked out well then.

IDIOTS. Do we not learn. Yes, we have brought in a few loans, but Mavididi did his hamstring last time he was here & Zyro has been injured for a year & not played a competitive match since recovering.

KAG may not be prolific but currently he's scored more than Magennis since November.

I will laugh my socks off if next month the above loanees break down & we are left in the same situation as we have been in since September.
    BUMP.

2-1 to him so far since Jan 30th.
    Yeah but you cant compare when in different divisions
    swap them over & the result will still be the same. As I said above, KAG had scored more for us in very limited playing time than Magennis did from November onwards.
  • Options

Lurker said:

Excellent. We can only have eleven players in the pitch at once. What's the point of having extra payers?

hmmmm, let me think. Last August we shipped out Vetokele, Watt, Ajose & Novak which left us with just Magennis, KAG (who KR didn't play) and Dodoo. That worked out well then.

IDIOTS. Do we not learn. Yes, we have brought in a few loans, but Mavididi did his hamstring last time he was here & Zyro has been injured for a year & not played a competitive match since recovering.

KAG may not be prolific but currently he's scored more than Magennis since November.

I will laugh my socks off if next month the above loanees break down & we are left in the same situation as we have been in since September.
    BUMP.

swap them over & the result will still be the same. As I said above, KAG had scored more for us in very limited playing time than Magennis did from November onwards.
    What a bs stat.
  • Options

Lurker said:

BUMP.

So you are saying if Crawley had Magennis and we had KAG, you are certain KAG would have 2 goals for us and Josh would have 1 for Crawley
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    SDAddick said:

Opened this wanting to see his goal from yesterday and bracing myself for a lot of revisionist history. Happy to see there hasn't been that much.

KAG is scoring goals because he is playing regularly in League Two, if he were still with us he would not be doing either of those things. I'm really happy for him, as his development from the age of 17 has often been botched. What he needed now, after some decent first team cameos, was to play regularly. If he'd stayed with us he wouldn't have made the bench against Blackpool or Oxford. He would probably have made the bench yesterday but not come on.

We have done what is right for his development. It's always a risk that you're going to get an injury, but you have to think long term with young players. Having him stagnate completely because he can't play does no one any good.

As things stand, even though he is out injured, there are six players in the "attacking four" ahead of him: Magennis, Reeves, Marshall, Zyro, Kaikai, Fosu,and he was eighth choice when he was loaned out.

And lest we forget, while he's had a handful of really good cameos this year, he still misses a lot of good chances and doesn't have the positional sense or off the ball movement that Josh has. His hold up and link up play still need work. But seeing him play and get goals give me a lot of hope that after a couple years in the wilderness he's back on track.

Reeves, 1 league goal, Marshall, 1 league goal. The other 2 have not really featured yet, even though they have been part of the 1st team squad for the last 2 games. When they start scoring regularly (KAG has 2 in 2 for Crawley) then please come back and put your point of view again. And before you crack on about KAG playing in a lower league, both Zyro & Kaikai are playing in a lower league than their parent club, so on that basis I would expect them both to score as many as KAG does by the end of the season (given playing time of course - but then again, why wouldn't KR play them seeing as he brought them in & let KAG go).

As for Magennis......6 all season & 1 in the last 15 games. If that qualifies as a striker then my grandmother is an alien.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

SDAddick said:

Opened this wanting to see his goal from yesterday and bracing myself for a lot of revisionist history. Happy to see there hasn't been that much.

KAG is scoring goals because he is playing regularly in League Two, if he were still with us he would not be doing either of those things. I'm really happy for him, as his development from the age of 17 has often been botched. What he needed now, after some decent first team cameos, was to play regularly. If he'd stayed with us he wouldn't have made the bench against Blackpool or Oxford. He would probably have made the bench yesterday but not come on.

We have done what is right for his development. It's always a risk that you're going to get an injury, but you have to think long term with young players. Having him stagnate completely because he can't play does no one any good.

As things stand, even though he is out injured, there are six players in the "attacking four" ahead of him: Magennis, Reeves, Marshall, Zyro, Kaikai, Fosu,and he was eighth choice when he was loaned out.

And lest we forget, while he's had a handful of really good cameos this year, he still misses a lot of good chances and doesn't have the positional sense or off the ball movement that Josh has. His hold up and link up play still need work. But seeing him play and get goals give me a lot of hope that after a couple years in the wilderness he's back on track.

Reeves, 1 league goal, Marshall, 1 league goal. The other 2 have not really featured yet, even though they have been part of the 1st team squad for the last 2 games. When they start scoring regularly (KAG has 2 in 2 for Crawley) then please come back and put your point of view again. And before you crack on about KAG playing in a lower league, both Zyro & Kaikai are playing in a lower league than their parent club, so on that basis I would expect them both to score as many as KAG does by the end of the season (given playing time of course - but then again, why wouldn't KR play them seeing as he brought them in & let KAG go).

As for Magennis......6 all season & 1 in the last 15 games. If that qualifies as a striker then my grandmother is an alien.
    And there's the revisionist history.

In our system, there is more to a striker than scoring goals. That's just the way it is.

Until his loan KAG had two career goals in the league. This move is good for him.

You are so selective in your arguments, and stubborn to boot, that it's not really worth getting into it. I don't want to knock KAG because I think he's in a really important time in his career.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

KAG is finally being put on a decent path for his development, after being thrown in by peeters and left to crash and burn. Keep him on loan smashing the goals in and he’ll come back in the summer determined to nail down a place after getting a taste of regular football and regular goals.

To be fair, I think Peeters tried to ease him in with some substitute appearances. It was really Luzon who just kind of threw him in the deep end and expected him to be a regular at 17/18. But to be fair to Luzon, he started 2015-16 with three fit strikers, Watt, KAG, and Makienok, and Watt and Mak were not well suited to playing with each other.
  • Options

Lurker said:

BUMP.

Please tell me where KAG fits into the side if we'd kept him?

You just love to moan. If we'd kept KAG and started playing him in games, you'd probably be the first one on here slaughtering him, "why is he playing KAG when we've got experienced players on the bench".

Anyone can surely see that him going out and getting regular games in league 2 and building his confidence is far better for his development right now than the odd 5-10 minute sub appearance (if that), and games for the U23s.
  • Options
    Very happy for the lad, hope he smashes it at Crawley but I don't think KAG has much future at Charlton if Robinson is still the manager next season.
  • Options
    Though KAG has looked much better player since he scored against Peterborough. Good to see him doing well
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

In our system, there is more to a striker than scoring goals. That's just the way it is.

Until his loan KAG had two career goals in the league. This move is good for him.

You are so selective in your arguments, and stubborn to boot, that it's not really worth getting into it. I don't want to knock KAG because I think he's in a really important time in his career.
    That's true but what else does Magennis do ? His link play is average, he doesn't really occupy defenders and he is only ok in the air.. he doesn't have much pace.. I could go on
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

That's true but what else does Magennis do ? His link play is average, he doesn't really occupy defenders and he is only ok in the air.. he doesn't have much pace.. I could go on
    Hush now. You know we aren't allow to criticize now that we have all these attacking players. Don't forget, Fosu passes it to Reeves, Reeves passes it to Magennis, Magennis lays it off to Marshall, Marshall lays it back to Solly, Solly passes it inside to Konsa, Konsa gives it to Kashi, Kashi passes it to Fosu..........
  • Options

Though KAG has looked much better player since he scored against Peterborough. Good to see him doing well

Confidence, eh?

What a difference a goal makes. A player can only perform to his full ability when he' has confidence.

• Options
    I think it's good that KAG is playing well for Crawley. Wouldn't be great for Charlton if he was struggling there would it? We've got players in on loan who probably won't be here next season, so it would be good to have a more experienced/confident KAG in the squad.

What position is he playing for Crawley? Centre-forward? Out wide? Behind the front man?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    C_A_F_C said:
    I can confirm that pitch is a total shit to play on. Very bobbly. Scored 2 in 5 games down there in a summer tourney.

Good old Broadfield Stadium... I won't call it the checkatrade.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I think it's good that KAG is playing well for Crawley. Wouldn't be great for Charlton if he was struggling there would it? We've got players in on loan who probably won't be here next season, so it would be good to have a more experienced/confident KAG in the squad.

What position is he playing for Crawley? Centre-forward? Out wide? Behind the front man?

Believe he's in a 4-4-2. Up top playing off the big man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018
    wmcf123 said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

I think a lot of the things you said are inaccurate. He absolutely occupies defenders. He also has the pace to turn most center backs in the league, when you look at when he played on the left at Blackburn, or the other weekend against Walsall, he is very good at getting the ball into feet and turning his man. The teams that have played him best are ones who just sit their center backs five yards off of him so he can't turn them.

His link up play is good at times, less so at others. A lot of that depends on how and where he's getting the ball, and who is around him. It's noticeable how much better he looks when Mav is there looking to run beyond him. He doesn't win as much in the air as perhaps he should, though if League One defenders are one thing it's usually good in the air. He's not prolific. Sometimes his runs into the box aren't good enough, he doesn't go near post enough.
  • Options
    Couple of decent goals there. Well done lad
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

C_A_F_C said:
    I can confirm that pitch is a total shit to play on. Very bobbly. Scored 2 in 5 games down there in a summer tourney.

Two goals you say... on a professional pitch... watch it Golfie will be asking for you to be called up.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Patchy injury record, haven't played a (non) league game this season, scored 2 in 5 in the summer tourney. Score regularly in training and kick abouts #apparentlybetterthanmag
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Simonsen said:

Believe he's in a 4-4-2. Up top playing off the big man.
    Must be some fancy foriegn coach with weird tactics like that
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

wmcf123 said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

I think a lot of the things you said are inaccurate. He absolutely occupies defenders. He also has the pace to turn most center backs in the league, when you look at when he played on the left at Blackburn, or the other weekend against Walsall, he is very good at getting the ball into feet and turning his man. The teams that have played him best are ones who just sit their center backs five yards off of him so he can't turn them.

His link up play is good at times, less so at others. A lot of that depends on how and where he's getting the ball, and who is around him. It's noticeable how much better he looks when Mav is there looking to run beyond him. He doesn't win as much in the air as perhaps he should, though if League One defenders are one thing it's usually good in the air. He's not prolific. Sometimes his runs into the box aren't good enough, he doesn't go near post enough.
    All about opinions but I've seen none of that
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

C_A_F_C said:

A goal ratio like that perhaps you could get a game for us?!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

wmcf123 said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

So what your saying is his link play is average, he's average in the air for his size and his movement is average. I'd agree with that.

He's nuisance kind of striker,. His strengths are his height, decent pace, strength and work rate. Not suited to being a lone striker expected to score regularly. Not a link man with a great touch and/or ability to pick out a pass either.

Should be a useful squad player not our guaranteed starting striker.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

SDAddick said:

wmcf123 said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

So what your saying is his link play is average, he's average in the air for his size and his movement is average. I'd agree with that.

He's nuisance kind of striker,. His strengths are his height, decent pace, strength and work rate. Not suited to being a lone striker expected to score regularly. Not a link man with a great touch and/or ability to pick out a pass either.

Should be a useful squad player not our guaranteed starting striker.
    I'd say that on his day he's good to very good for this level, and when he's in poor form you're right. He is a very streaky player. In an ideal world he would have been competing and sharing time with at least one other center forward for the whole year. I'm hoping that as Kaikai and Zyro get up to speed that increasingly is the case.

I do want to note that we'll rounded forwards who can play up front on their own and score are very hard to come by at this level.