Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Ahearne Grant (Joins Crawley on loan - Page 6)

Comments

• Options
    With no centre forward coming in as of yet this transfer window and Doodoo going back to Rangers, I don't understand why we've got rid of another centre forward.

Madness.
  • Options
    Seems like a backwards step to me but good luck to him.
  • Options
    Since he made his debut at Bournemouth in October 2014 I feel he has not progressed as well as all would have hoped.

Hopefully regular game time and a change of environment will suit both player and club.
  • Options

Since he made his debut at Bournemouth in October 2014 I feel he has not progressed as well as all would have hoped.

Hopefully regular game time and a change of environment will suit both player and club.

Oi Elfie.......stop being so sensible will ya......it doesn’t suit you!
  • Options

Exactly this.

Came into a shit, struggling side and has often been played out of position. We've signed 2 loan players who can both play in his position so let's see what he can do with regular games elsewhere.

He was only 20 a few months ago so has plenty of time on his side. Scott Parker for example was 20 when we loaned him to Norwich, so it could well be the making of KAG. Not that i'm expecting him to come back as good as Parker was, obviously!
  • Options
    KAG will come good
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    All the best Karlan, they will love him at the checkatrade stadium.

It’s not too far to get home from either.
  • Options

Yes, he needs regular football. I'm still sceptical he's good enough for the level we play at (and moreover the Championship where we should be playing) but he's still got time to develop
  • Options
    Will try and get over there to see him as I'm only a few miles away. Will report back if I do.
  • Options

What would drive any of you to take seriously in the first place posts by someone who voluntarily choose to call themselves Stig Thundercock I will never know!

Good luck KAG, there is a definite player in there in my eyes. Regularly games and a bit of luck in front of goal could really elevate him.

He might not have had any choice....it could be his real name.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good run and finish from him today, made it by himself
  • Options
    Lovely goal that he scored... Wasnt simple and had a lot of power!!
  • Options

Exactly this.

Came into a shit, struggling side and has often been played out of position. We've signed 2 loan players who can both play in his position so let's see what he can do with regular games elsewhere.

He was only 20 a few months ago so has plenty of time on his side. Scott Parker for example was 20 when we loaned him to Norwich, so it could well be the making of KAG. Not that i'm expecting him to come back as good as Parker was, obviously!
    I said exactly the same thing re Parker and got panned
  • Options

Lurker said:

Excellent. We can only have eleven players in the pitch at once. What's the point of having extra payers?

hmmmm, let me think. Last August we shipped out Vetokele, Watt, Ajose & Novak which left us with just Magennis, KAG (who KR didn't play) and Dodoo. That worked out well then.

IDIOTS. Do we not learn. Yes, we have brought in a few loans, but Mavididi did his hamstring last time he was here & Zyro has been injured for a year & not played a competitive match since recovering.

KAG may not be prolific but currently he's scored more than Magennis since November.

I will laugh my socks off if next month the above loanees break down & we are left in the same situation as we have been in since September.
    HA HA HA HA HA.

Rich Crawley reporting that Mavidid did his hamstring (although KR says it shouldn't be a bad as last time)

Where do we get these clowns from.
  • Options

Not quite sure why you're laughing at one of our players getting injured

This.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Dont think @GolfAddick is laughing at the fact Mavididi has gotten injured

More the fact we've been stupid to let someone go on loan when players do have injury records (i.e. dodgy Hamstrings in this case) which could leave us short
  • Options
    Very well taken. A tiny bit of luck to come away with the ball initially, but miles more composure than I’ve ever seen from him before - to delay the shot then pick an accurate finish. Ordinarily KAG often just lashes at the ball and sends it into row Z.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Excellent performance from Karlan, showing everything we always thought he was capable of producing.
    He looks goal hungry and confident, sort of the opposite of the last few seasons.
  • Options
    Keep banging em in KAG and keep sending the footage to that laughable scouse lush back at sparrows lane
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Scores again 2 in 2 for Crawley

Had to fix this.
  • Options
    KAG's day is done... replaced with 10mins left
  • Options
    BBC match report today:

"Crawley's second goal did, however, arrive in the 62nd minute as Ahearne- Grant, on loan from Charlton, scored his second goal in as many games with an unstoppable right-foot shot from the edge of the area."

• Options
    edited February 2018

Lurker said:

Excellent. We can only have eleven players in the pitch at once. What's the point of having extra payers?

hmmmm, let me think. Last August we shipped out Vetokele, Watt, Ajose & Novak which left us with just Magennis, KAG (who KR didn't play) and Dodoo. That worked out well then.

IDIOTS. Do we not learn. Yes, we have brought in a few loans, but Mavididi did his hamstring last time he was here & Zyro has been injured for a year & not played a competitive match since recovering.

KAG may not be prolific but currently he's scored more than Magennis since November.

I will laugh my socks off if next month the above loanees break down & we are left in the same situation as we have been in since September.
    BUMP.

2-1 to him so far since Jan 30th.
  • Options
    Good player played out of position with us
  • Options

Lurker said:

BUMP.

2-1 to him so far since Jan 30th.
    Yeah but you cant compare when in different divisions