Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL's Favourite Albums. QF3: Revolver vs The Dark Side of the Moon

Comments

• Options
    Think that Revolver will be remembered as an interesting, iconic and ground-breaking album of the 60s.

But Dark Side of the Moon will just be remembered forever as Dark Side of the Moon. People will neither know or care when it was produced.

A vote for DSOTM.
  • Options
    Revolver
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

The toughest one to date for me.

Dark Side is an immense album and was released when I was 16 and very impressionable!

Revolver was far more influential and is pretty much a perfect album.

So difficult to jettison DSOTM but have to go with the fab four - just.

Me too, this is the toughest. 2 Brilliant albums.
    Because Revolver has We all live in a Yellow Submarine, i'm going for DSOTM.
  • Options
    I could spend hours agonising over this. But, as I saw Pink Floyd live in the 70s and the Australian Pink Floyd last Saturday at the Hammersmith Apollo I'll go with Dark Side. A shallow decision, but happy to live with it.
  • Options
    For me, even as a big prog rock fan, Revolver is the work of real genius.
  • Options
    DSOTM by a country mile.
  • Options
    Revolver for me .... just
  • Options
    DSOTM for me. Thought Revolver was good at the time; thought DSOTM was amazing at the time. Can't imagine playing Revolver again in my life; DSOTM still gets an airing from time to time.
  • Options
    Very tough one. Voted for Revolver & for DSOTM in their respective previous rounds. BSOTM is a classic but if stuck on a desert Island & had to chose between the 2 as the only album I could ever listen to again it would have to be Revolver, but only because it has more tunes you can whistle along to.

Revolver for me.
  • Options
    Really like both albums and hadn't listened to either for a while until they came up in the heats, I've listened to Revolver several times since then and I've not listened to DSOTM so Revolver gets my vote.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Revolver
  • Options
    Revolver
  • Options
    Dark Side of the Moon.
  • Options
    Dark Side for me.
  • Options
    DSOTM
  • Options
    Revolver.

DSOTM is great but just a shade too 'ambient' for me and it spawned a load of pretty awful 'head' music. Revolver opened up whole new ways of making inspirational popular (and not so popular) music and still sounds fresh today. You can hear a bit of Floyd in 'Tomorrow Never Knows'.
  • Options
    Dark Side for me.
    Never been a real fan of the Beatles although Revolver is a good album.
  • Options
    Revolver is possibly my favourite Beatles album and in my top 20 albums of all time. Dark Side of The Moon wouldn't come close to my top 100 as I consider it possibly the most over-rated album of all time.
  • Options
    Dark Side of the moon.
  • Options
    Revolver for me. A pop masterpiece moving into psychedelia. Oddly, I find DSOTM more dated, and has a couple of weak tracks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dark Side of the Moon
  • Options
    Revolver
  • Options
    Its looking very close between these two, I think if it was a later Beatles album I would of been more likely to vote for it. I have the White album, Abbey Road and Let it Be on the turntable a lot more then Revolver.
  • Options

Revolver for me. A pop masterpiece moving into psychedelia. Oddly, I find DSOTM more dated, and has a couple of weak tracks.

Wot, weaker than Yellow Submarine ?
  • Options

Great Gig in the sky possibly :)
  • Options

It's a song about a submarine. And it's yellow. How could you not like that?
  • Options
    Both great albums and the choice is difficult however if I have to make one my vote goes to DSOTM
  • Options

Great Gig in the sky possibly :)
    Not sure if trolling?!
  • Options

It's a song about a submarine. And it's yellow. How could you not like that?
    And a great terrace classic.
  • Options
    Revolver for me