Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most puzzling user names on CL?

Comments

• Options

Mine will be obvious to those of a certain age.
    Back in the 60's and beyond there was an old boy who used to wander the East Terrace selling bags of roasted peanuts (in their shell - aka monkey nuts).
    As he traipsed around he called out "Peanuts, tanner a bag" and every now and again he would stretch it to "Peanuts, tanner a bag - six a bag of nuts"
    Six being short for sixpence and tanner being a slang word for the same.

His name was Adam.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:

My name is Nigel and I really support Chrystal Palarse.

Addickted is ironic as I'm really here to wind all you clowns up.

I'm 42, live with my parents in Purley and my girlfriend left me in 2008 for a Border Collie. I've dressed in black for home games ever since to pay homage to her in the hope we can rekindle our relationship and enjoy Trival Pursuits and Line dancing once again.

That's a lie

You're 64
    At least I've never lost my passport.

Twice.

:blush: j

Touche!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I'm an Addick and I live in Bangkok Phuket.
  • Options
    My nickname is Dazzler - the 21 comes from Jonatan Johansson - my favourite player as a kid so I started getting 21 on all my footy shirts...

Then I signed up to here and thought my username was a bit like a footy shirt it let's the admins know who I am should they need to book/scold me.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

The user name I wanted was taken - PL54, so I had to settle for Ricky_Otto.

Ironic really, Otto is Black with dreadlocks and I am white and bald. I was certainly the better player though.

On or off the field?
    Both.
  • Options
    Haha I bet posters with location-based names that have since moved feel like right numpties!
  • Options

I used to use a very nice Charlton supporting pub run by Brian Wilson on Plumstead Common but it was taken over by an idiot.
    I will be very happy to return when he departs.

At least you have the comfort that wouldn't happen at the football club.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Used to live in Guinness buildings.
  • Options
    I am a hardened criminal which means I have to go under different aliases from time to time to avoid the filth.

My user name is an anagram of four of those aliases:

Tom Nectara
    Ron McAtea
    Nate Macro
    Ant Creamo

I'm currently in the Costa Del Sol and this is the only forum I've released my whereabouts on so keep it quiet.
  • Options

Haha I bet posters with location-based names that have since moved feel like right numpties!

I managed to change from Siv in Urumqi to Siv in Norfolk when I moved a couple of years ago... soooooo..... nope, not feeling like a numpty
  • Options

I managed to change from Siv in Urumqi to Siv in Norfolk when I moved a couple of years ago... soooooo..... nope, not feeling like a numpty
    Still strange to be named after a piece of garden equipment.
  • Options
    If you can’t work out the significance of my username then there really is no hope for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was a big Donna Summer fan, coming on here I dropped the Donna for Johnny and S5 is my password.
    And now I FEEL LOVE
  • Options
    I'm a confused cock with delusions of grandeur
  • Options
    I’m the Lord of Romford.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I remember it taking me a few minutes to figure out the Er_Be_Ab_Pl_Wo_Wo_Ch username

Couple of minutes???
    It took me 6 months!
    And on a bad day that's how long the journey can take.
    Thanks, helped me finally crack it
  • Options

Yep.
  • Options

At the risk of a whoosh, I've always been a bit puzzled by @cabbles / babbles / cables / bobbles or whatever.

I've looked it up on Google and it says:

Metallurgy. to cut up (iron or steel bars) for fagoting.

:neutral:

Fagoting :smiley:

No mine is quite boring. I was at Kent Uni in Canterbury and was leaving a club called the works and was so smashed I jumped the cab queue and got into an altercation, at which point my mates just started calling me the big cab

Cabbles was developed because of a line in the office when Brent goes (I think) ‘here is he is, cocky, cockles, the big cock’ (I may have that wrong)

Anyway they just shifted it to cabbles and it’s what I’ve used ever since

Nothing too interesting just standard nickname stuff that eminates from a group of mates

@The31YearMan gets his because he committed to do 31 years of going to all the games on his 54th birthday and at 85 he says he’ll be done with Charlton.

We all know he’s already failed
  • Options
    I’m from another universe, Delta Alpha, Planet 9
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I possess way too many pairs of a certain type of footwear.