Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Designs for new Valley Gates - Usual regime stuff: good idea ruined by lack of thought and planning

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    The centenary is certainly an appropriate date to celebrate The Valley, and this definitely looks classier than the original designs. However, I am not clear how it works to allow the gates to open - does the badge split down the centre? Or does the entire badge remain fixed to one gate with the second gate closing behind it?
  • Options
    Presumably new gates will be excluded from Roland's sale price and will be left to the incoming owners i.e. we might never see them if not deemed a priority. Roland has been great at envisaging grand ideas and delivering far less. The undersoil heating which turned out to be a load of plastic piping. The revamped Training facilities with swimming pool and grand multi-use facilities etc which turned into a modest building for the Community Trust, an all-weather training pitch and a load of ditches- ok it may have been a bit more but it was far less than originally promised. Let's not forget "competitive in the Championship with ambitions for the Premier League." I know Meire was a consummate liar but I don't know how she kept a straight face.