Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Designs for new Valley Gates - Usual regime stuff: good idea ruined by lack of thought and planning

Comments

• Options
    As long as is says 'South London Is Ours' I will be happy.
  • Options
    Based on previous efforts he should stick to making tea. image
  • Options

HarryLime said:

Charlie has replied to my email:

Hi,

Many thanks for your email, we really appreciate the feedback.

We have had some really useful responses around the design and the wording which will be incorporated to create some final designs for consideration.

On the request of fans, the process has now been extended with the deadline for feedback now October 20th. We agree that it is important to make sure the gates are right especially given they are to be a permanent feature to pay tribute to the club’s historic return to The Valley.

Therefore, the designs will be adjusted based on the fan feedback and presented, for review, to a working group of fan representatives ahead of the AFC Wimbledon game on October 28th in a similar process to the kit consultations on this season’s and next season’s kit.

Thanks again,
    Charlie

Never mind the gates, when does Charlie put his bins out and how big is his knob ???
    Charlie is a she.
    in which case she has never put the bins out based on my experience.
    but may still have a knob?

• Options

Fiiish said:

I wonder if they're thinking in the office "FFS some git has posted this on that Charlton Life website" after all these emails?

Have a think about the emails Gents.
    I know what you mean Baldy about the generic email replies but... I was waiting for a Dear Customer/Client start to the reply which didn't happen and I left trap for them to fall into when they tried to address it to me, which Charlie didn't fall for. Somebody has at least looked at the email and tailored the response to me. It is the most I could have wished for really.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

Fiiish said:

I wonder if they're thinking in the office "FFS some git has posted this on that Charlton Life website" after all these emails?

I know what you mean Baldy about the generic email replies but... I was waiting for a Dear Customer/Client start to the reply which didn't happen and I left trap for them to fall into when they tried to address it to me, which Charlie didn't fall for. Somebody has at least looked at the email and tailored the response to me. It is the most I could have wished for really.
    Not that. The confidentiality and reproduction of email blah blah blah.

you'll get a visit..
  • Options

HarryLime said:

Fiiish said:

Not that. The confidentiality and reproduction of email blah blah blah.

you'll get a visit..
    *heads to bunker*
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Just taken me 5 minutes to knock this up as a starter.

When they're open the right side will be 'Athletic Alley'..might give a few people the wrong idea of what's ahead!

Of the gate designs being given as an option, I do think that the one similar to the one you've used is the best (C), just the choice of words I'm not keen on.
  • Options
    addix said:

cafc999 said:

When they're open the right side will be 'Athletic Alley'..might give a few people the wrong idea of what's ahead!

Of the gate designs being given as an option, I do think that the one similar to the one you've used is the best (C), just the choice of words I'm not keen on.
    Only lazy people would open one side and no one at the club is lazy...............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Classic example of a simple design that incorporates the key date

• Options
    cafc999 said:

It is already better than the other offerings. Take an hour and I reckon you will have a winner.
  • Options
    Controversial but take away the unnecessary badge and this is a strong but simple design with the old palace badge echoed in the arch on the top and it is balanced.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Didn't work ignore
  • Options

Just leave them alone, get Roger Alwen to reopen them, simple really. Feel quite strongly about this!

Make you right here.

If you're not going to the meeting perhaps you can give this suggestion for somebody to pass on.
  • Options
    Assuming a different entry can be used for the celebration gates, and the original ones can be retained, my suggestion is:-

Gates similar to gates C

Top arch THE VALLEY – FLOYD ROAD

Left gate [badge] CHARLTON
    FOUNDED 9.6.1905

Right gate ATHLETIC F.C. [badge]
    EXILE OVER 5.12.1992

Suggested colour scheme Black & Silver
  • Options
    something that harks back to the Valley of old somehow would be good perhaps

• Options
    Squirrel face will no doubt cut the ribbon to open the new gates. To rapturous applause, ahem.
  • Options

Squirrel face will no doubt cut the ribbon to open the new gates. To rapturous applause, ahem.

If they have any sense (yeah, I know...) they will get Colin Walsh to do the honours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Controversial but take away the unnecessary badge and this is a strong but simple design with the old palace badge echoed in the arch on the top and it is balanced.

Has to be balanced or surely it wouldn't open correctly??
  • Options
    5/12/92. 15.07. Walsh. "And that's the perfect start." Don't start me Algarve...
  • Options

5/12/92. 15.07. Walsh. "And that's the perfect start." Don't start me Algarve...

Calm down Ian it ain't like you to get angry.
    :wink:
  • Options
    How refreshing. I saw five pages of posts and was ready for "who says they aren't spending money on the club" and other myopic, uber-optimistic, drivel. Instead, five pages of delicious, toe-curling abuse. I'm loving it! The designs look cheap to me and I have to wonder if they could just be planning an opening ceremony with Father Roland dropping in on the kids he hasn't seen in three years since he left his family.
  • Options

Option F:

yeah I'll vote for that one
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Call me crazy, but those gates are iconic as it is, they may not be glamorous but those were the ones that were first unlocked - don't take them away.

Leave it out mate they're just a bit of history ...............2014 was actually year zero anything before doesn't exist in certain peoples eyes.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    HarryLime said:

Hi,

We have had some really useful responses around the design and the wording which will be incorporated to create some final designs for consideration.

On the request of fans, the process has now been extended with the deadline for feedback now October 20th. We agree that it is important to make sure the gates are right especially given they are to be a permanent feature to pay tribute to the club’s historic return to The Valley.

Therefore, the designs will be adjusted based on the fan feedback and presented, for review, to a working group of fan representatives ahead of the AFC Wimbledon game on October 28th in a similar process to the kit consultations on this season’s and next season’s kit.

Thanks again,
    Charlie

Mrs Perks & her gang then ?

• Options

The Gates to Muir of Ord Football Club look better than any that this useless crowd have come up with

HarryLime said:

Hi,

Thanks again,
    Charlie

Mrs Perks & her gang then ?

No