Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Designs for new Valley Gates - Usual regime stuff: good idea ruined by lack of thought and planning

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

would rather @stig knock something up

By the look of those designs, it looks like Winestein knocked them out.
  • Options
    I'd be happy to have a pair of Bill Gates Gates there if he decides to buy the club...

• Options
    Does look a bit like CACT Primary school project. its a shame as the development and involvement on the kit design seemed to have worked really well. No real favourites amongst them, but def no to A. As it will need to be changed every year to avoid looking silly.
  • Options

I assume these gates will be on one side of the club shop?

The problem with gates there, is that on matchdays, they'll be fully open and nobody will see them anyway unless the message is over the top, and not on the opening section, as with the Shankly Gates

I like the idea - but do coaches sometimes go through this one?

If that's not an issue then this would get my vote

• Options
    Redhenry said:

E is good

It's not big or clever to promote the use of drugs :wink:
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Redhenry said:

E is good

It's not big or clever to promote the use of drugs :wink:
    Just say NO

...to the gate designs.
  • Options
    I'd also say that the black/gold colouring would look much, much better than the red options being suggested. The scousers are as red as we are and didn't feel the need to throw a tin of red paint over everything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I assume these gates will be on one side of the club shop?

The problem with gates there, is that on matchdays, they'll be fully open and nobody will see them anyway unless the message is over the top, and not on the opening section, as with the Shankly Gates

If only I'd have thought of that... :wink:
  • Options
    Agree with "killerandflash"........top of gate should just have "The Valley - Floyd Road" all other designs offered by club are very poor and to give a few days for fans to respond shows the usual appreciation of "customers" input. Really weird.
  • Options
    Yet more evidence against which to judge the mantra "lessons have been learnt". Clearly, they haven't.
  • Options
    Have sent my reply to the club as below................

I would like to firstly make a couple of points................

Why is the consultation period so short (in terms of fans responses)
    Why has this only been done through CAST
    Surely something should have been done via the website and even via the matchday magazine

With regard to the actual design options offered, I think they are all very poor and show very little imagination. My preference (if you need to waste even more money on something that is not required) would be for a separate panel to be added to the existing gates (take a look at the Shankly Gates @ Liverpool FC) with just the words THE VALLEY, FLOYD ROAD
  • Options

I'd be happy to have a pair of Bill Gates Gates there if he decides to buy the club...

Nah he's gonna provide the new Windows.
  • Options
    The gates should have six inch swords lining the top of them........

Come on, own up! Who has got one of the old fence top swords?
  • Options

I don’t know why they don’t do something in keeping with the way the club is run.

• Options

I sent this e-mail:

"As the gates are open when the vast majority of people see them, would it not be a good idea to have a design option where the message is not split in two when they are open?

As anniversary gates, any design not incorporating the date is clearly not appropriate.

3 days for people to give feedback is nowhere near enough, there should be at least one home game in which to get the message across to all fans."

Too difficult for these f****** to hand out leaflets at a home game, ask the fans to return their favoured gate and then go from there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sarge1g said:

Agree with "killerandflash"........top of gate should just have "The Valley - Floyd Road" all other designs offered by club are very poor and to give a few days for fans to respond shows the usual appreciation of "customers" input. Really weird.

Unique.
  • Options
    Will A be updated each year?

Until we move to the Peninsula of course.
  • Options
    They really are fucking useless aren't they ? Everything they touch turns to shit.

Is this the pr mob trying to prove their worth ? Looks like they spent a long time over that then.
  • Options
    Whatever they paid was way too much....shocking designs, no finesse, no craft and very little skill has been used.
  • Options

What is the obsession with ‘My only desire’? It seems to appear on all of them.

Because it's lyrics from a song. Liverpool have "you'll never walk alone" so PR Tom or whoever knocked up these designs in his lunchtime thought it would be good.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

What is the obsession with ‘My only desire’? It seems to appear on all of them.

Because it's lyrics from a song. Liverpool have "you'll never walk alone" so Adrian from year4 in his lunchtime thought it would be good.