Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your starting 11 Russia 2018

Comments

• Options
    Butland
    Walker Cahill Keane Rose
    Dier Lallana
    Sterling Alli Rashford
    Kane

Hart, Pickford, Trippier, Smalling, Stones, Bertrand, Carrick, Drinkwater, Barkley, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Vardy, Andre Gray
  • Options

Completely agree that Rashford and probably Alli are the only ones that get in automatically. If you want England to play exciting football Kane slows that down. I'd go for Vardy and Rashford over him.

• Options
    Butland
    Jones Stones Cahill
    Walker Ashley Young
    Dier
    Sterling Lallana Rashford
    Kane
  • Options
    --------------Randolph--------------
    Christie-----Duffy--------Clark-----Ward
    McClean----Arter------Hendrick----Brady
    ---------------Hoolahan--------------
    -----------------Long----------------

Obviously Coleman if fit... and, erm, if we qualify.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Randolph over Rob Elliot?
  • Options
    Not sure if I'd have Ricky Holmes on the left or the right.
  • Options
    No fucking clue for England btw

Butland, Walker, Stones, Cahill, Rose, Dier, Drinkwater, Sterling, Alli, Rashford, Kane

Would be nice to see Gomez/Pope (if playing well in Heaton's absence)/Lookman in the conversation for the squad, though that's a very outside bet!
  • Options
    Do they have to be English?
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Only just. It's a tough call. Both have certain flaws.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Is that how it is for the National Team at the moment i.e. Randolph being first choice

Or after Elliot's injury is he now getting back as the No.1 seeing he plays for the Premier League team?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRAddick said:

Do they have to be English?

Yeah unfortunately. I've already tried that.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Is that how it is for the National Team at the moment i.e. Randolph being first choice

Or after Elliot's injury is he now getting back as the No.1 seeing he plays for the Premier League team?
    Elliot tore his ACL about 18 months ago so it's been Randolph in goal since then, basically. There's no interest in dislodging him atm.
  • Options
    Given that we stand no chance whatsoever - has the team improved since we lost to Iceland, and given that the World Cup will just be used to glorify Putin (just like Sochi) while at the same time handing out badly needed Russian state revenues to Putin's friends (just like Sochi) and the Russian Govt will use drugs and other means to give their team an unfair advantage (just like Sochi), and the whole think is being run by FIFA I would have thought the best thing to do would be to try and find someway of boycotting the whole thing. Alternatively we could send a team of amateur vicars or similar in order to make the correct point - so what if we get banned from the next World Cup in another corrupt regime.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

Completely agree that Rashford and probably Alli are the only ones that get in automatically. If you want England to play exciting football Kane slows that down. I'd go for Vardy and Rashford over him.

Slightly different formation to mine (went for a diamond with Alli behind a front 2 of Kane and Rashford, with Lallana and Drinkwater, and Dier holding), but other than that it is identical.
  • Options
    Alternatively we could get with the spirit and send out a team of footballers with criminal proclivities ( there seem to be quite a lot around at present) and given that the Russian Govt are quite keen on bungs I'm sure we could coax one or two old English managers out of retirement.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Pickford

Walker Cahill Jones Rose

Dier

Llana Winks Alli Rashford

Kane

• Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Rashford for me is the only player who gets on the team sheet automatically. Not a clue who the other 10 should be - but then I'm not alone in that - Southgate has the same problem.

Not Kane as well Bob?
    If you could guarantee he would take his club form to England, and England played the same way as Spurs, then yes Kane too.

The problem is that England cannot play like a Premier league aide because the Premier League is so fast and so open and teams are shit at defending. And for me, that's the biggest challenge England currently face, and will face for as long as their top players refuse to go abroad. When they can't play a high tempo, fast paced game with lots of space they struggle to break teams down. All four of the games at the Euros were like that. And because English teams produce English players for the Premier League, this mentality in ingrained.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

I'm not convinced Lallana has the tactical discipline to play in central midfield, let alone holding midfield, at international level. Or even that he's all that well suited to it. But England need to find a way to break down teams and the options are limited.

It's not showing up but it's
    Hart
    Walker Stones Cahill Rose
    ......... Lallana Dier
    Sterling... Dele....... Rashford
    ........... Kane
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You’ve picked 2 left backs - it’s not Charlton you know.
  • Options
    I genuinely don't care who goes, haven't gone in to a major tournament with any optimism since Japan and South Korea and can't see that changing anytime soon.
    I wish those who are selected good luck and I hope they do well but we all know how it will go.... we will win our 1st game, lose the 2nd, scrape through the group after a draw in the 3rd game, then go out in the next round on penalties.
  • Options

You’ve picked 2 left backs - it’s not Charlton you know.
    Bloody hell, thought Danny Rose was a right back goes to show how much i know.
  • Options
    I like the amateur vicar concept. This is the way forward.
  • Options
    Pickford
    Walker Maguire Cahill Bertrand
    Dier Davies
    Lallana Alli Rashford
    Kane

Can't do any worse than some of the recent performances.
  • Options
    ----------Pope
    --Solly Gomez Konsa Fox
    Wilson Parker Arter Harriott
    ---------Shelvey
    --------Lookman

• Options

----------Pope
    --Solly Gomez Konsa Fox
    Wilson Parker Arter Harriott
    ---------Shelvey
    --------Lookman

Fox is Welsh
  • Options
    I don't believe in my choice. Probably what I'd play on FIFA though.