Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your starting 11 Russia 2018

13»

Comments

• Options

----------Pope
    --Solly Gomez Konsa Fox
    Wilson Parker Arter Harriott
    ---------Shelvey
    --------Lookman

Fox is Welsh
    Born in Chelmsford... Can still play for England...
  • Options

----------Pope
    --Solly Gomez Konsa Fox
    Wilson Parker Arter Harriott
    ---------Shelvey
    --------Lookman

Fox is Welsh
    To be fair I don't think that's the main thing stopping this from becoming reality.
    Agreed. Needs to work on his first touch.
  • Options
    Can't believe you are all missing the bleeding obvious:

Number oneeeeee is Ricky Holmes...
    Number twooo ooo is Ricky Holmes.....

You can tell I'm struggling to get interested in the England team.....
  • Options
    Butland

Walker, jones, stones, rose

Lallana, Dier, Alli

Vardy, Kane, rashford
  • Options
    Definitely Darren Bent rather than Theo Walcott. Oh hang on...
  • Options
    I would go with:
    Butland
    Walker - Stones - Cahill - Rose
    Dier - Lallana (plays here for liverpool on occasions and adds creativity)
    Sterling - Alli - Rashford
    Kane

Not overly happy at CB and do like Maguire & Keane but not too sure if i would start them, against inferior teams i would swap Dier (as he is more defensive) for Drinkwater or Henderson. Sterling is doing well so far for City so gets in ahead of Vardy on the wing.
  • Options
    Red_James said:

I would go with:
    Butland
    Kane

Not overly happy at CB and do like Maguire & Keane but not too sure if i would start them, against inferior teams i would swap Dier (as he is more defensive) for Drinkwater or Henderson. Sterling is doing well so far for City so gets in ahead of Vardy on the wing.

Thats pretty much what I wrote down tbh.

The beauty of Dier playing as the holding midfielder means England can do 3-5-2 without the ball if necessary. England definitely need someone deeper with a bit of creativity. I know he is injured and is out of favour but if Barkley moves on in January, he may be the one to do a job in there. Otherwise, I'd give Winks a go as he does actually look to pass the ball forward and will bring the ball forward, unlike bloody Henderson.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Red_James said:

I would go with:
    Butland
    Kane

Thats pretty much what I wrote down tbh.

The beauty of Dier playing as the holding midfielder means England can do 3-5-2 without the ball if necessary. England definitely need someone deeper with a bit of creativity. I know he is injured and is out of favour but if Barkley moves on in January, he may be the one to do a job in there. Otherwise, I'd give Winks a go as he does actually look to pass the ball forward and will bring the ball forward, unlike bloody Henderson.
    Agreed on the 3-5-2 special with the 2 fullbacks having plenty of pace even if they are Clyne, Trippier or Bertand.

Yeah i personally like Barkley but would play him as CAM i don't think he could do it as CM (tracking back or making tackles) where Lallana is Liverpool's best play at applying pressure and winning the ball back. I like Winks would be a good alternative but perhaps a gamble compared to Henderson/Drinkwater (only to do with age and experience) but would definitely take him
  • Options
    Butland
    Walker/ Jones/ Cahill/ Rose
    Wilshere/ Henderson or Winks (If latter makes regular appearance for spurs, not really a huge fan of henderson but think this is a our weakest area) Dier would be a good squad player
    Sterling/ Ali/ Rashford
    Kane

Or a 343 with Smalling or Stones chucked in the back, could play Wilshere CDM and Ali CAM and front 3 as above as inside forwards.

Doesn't look too great from here, but if Greece can win a big one or Leicester the premier league, who knows :)
  • Options
    If we have any hopes of getting out the group John Stones should be nowhere near the team, fucking useless excuse for a footballer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would go:

Butland

Walker Cahill Smalling Rose

Dier Shelvey

Sterling Alli Rashford

Kane
  • Options

If we have any hopes of getting out the group John Stones should be nowhere near the team, fucking useless excuse for a footballer

I think I know where you are coming from regarding Stones.
    Continental defenders like to play the ball out rather than just hoof it.
    Stones tries to do the same,the problem is that he ain't good enough and he looks a liability at times.
    But at least he tries to do the right thing.
  • Options

I think I know where you are coming from regarding Stones.
    Continental defenders like to play the ball out rather than just hoof it.
    Stones tries to do the same,the problem is that he ain't good enough and he looks a liability at times.
    But at least he tries to do the right thing.
    I'd rather my CBs could defend first and foremost, he's such a liability
  • Options
    --------------Butland

------Jones -- Cahill -- Stones

Walker ----- Dier -- Alli--------Rose

--------------Lallana

--------Rashford -- Kane
  • Options
    Butland
    Walker, Cahill, Stones, Rose
    Henderson, Dier, Lallana
    Alli, Rashford
    Kane

Tactic: HAVE A F*CKIN’ GO FOR ONCE
  • Options
    Red_James said:

I would go with:
    Butland
    Kane

Basically this.

Best of an average bunch.
  • Options

I would go:

Butland

Walker Cahill Smalling Rose

Dier Shelvey

Sterling Alli Rashford

Kane

At least Shelvey can pass the ball forward. If he has a good season he really could get in the team.
  • Options
    For me Wilshire is the best central midfielder England have.
  • Options

For me Wilshire is the best central midfielder England have.

Maybe 8 years ago
  • Options
    Butland
    Jones Stones Cahill
    Walker Rose
    Wilshere
    Lallana Ali

Kane Rashford

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    In a 3-5-2

Butland

Stones
    Cahill
    Maguire

Walker
    Lallana
    Dier
    Alli
    Rose

Rashford
    Kane
  • Options
    We have Kane who is a very good player and Rashford who has potential but is definitely overhyped... Lallana on his day can be decent and Alli too ... The rest are very very poor players.
  • Options
    Hate the fact so many people rate Dier, i do think he is half decent but if we have nothing better that is not good for England. Even for Spurs i think its the same, i'd put Wanyama ahead of him, great utility player as can play CDM/CM/CB, eg. squad player.
    @JohnBoyUK any thoughts?
  • Options

Hate the fact so many people rate Dier, i do think he is half decent but if we have nothing better that is not good for England. Even for Spurs i think its the same, i'd put Wanyama ahead of him, great utility player as can play CDM/CM/CB, eg. squad player.
    @JohnBoyUK any thoughts?

Hmm, I have been having this argument with my two best pals (who are also Spurs) for the last 12 months since Wanyama joined.

I think Spurs play more progressive football when Dier is central, alongside Dembele. The toss up is that Spurs look way more solid when Wanyama sits in front of the back four.
    You only have to look at the way Spurs finished last season when Wanyama was injured. We'd been getting wins away from home but low scorelines but as soon as Dier went back in the middle we started knocking goals in for fun.

However, now Spurs are playing with 3 CBs, is there really a need for a two holding midfielders? I think not.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Dembele and Wanyama are both fit again. Can only see Dier playing in the back three should one of Vertonghen, Alderweirald or Sanchez is out.
  • Options
    totally forgot about Lallana, not sure how well he would get on in the 2 of a 4231 though
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

@JohnBoyUK any thoughts?

Hmm, I have been having this argument with my two best pals (who are also Spurs) for the last 12 months since Wanyama joined.

I think Spurs play more progressive football when Dier is central, alongside Dembele. The toss up is that Spurs look way more solid when Wanyama sits in front of the back four.
    You only have to look at the way Spurs finished last season when Wanyama was injured. We'd been getting wins away from home but low scorelines but as soon as Dier went back in the middle we started knocking goals in for fun.

However, now Spurs are playing with 3 CBs, is there really a need for a two holding midfielders? I think not.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Dembele and Wanyama are both fit again. Can only see Dier playing in the back three should one of Vertonghen, Alderweirald or Sanchez is out.
    Thanks for your response on this, i have also had a debate with my Spurs 'fwiend'. I agree with that completely, personally if Dembele & Wanyama are fit they suit perfect. For England i feel even though it is our weakest area it doesn't really fill me with much hope, a bit like when Neville used to fill in everywhere i personally think he will do a job but would hope there is someone better out there.
  • Options
    Pretty much all the permutations have been covered. Only to say Hart shouldn't be Number 1 and Henderson is NOT an international midfielder, he makes Ray Wilkins look like Inesta!

Don't hold out any hope of doing anything at all and think with this lot if we get out of the group stage then that's about it.
  • Options
    None, they’re all pants.
  • Options
    Re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic comes to mind.