Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Valley Heroes

An occasional series from the pen of David Ramzan. Also on display in the museum as part of the early years history.

Part 1: Albert 'Mosky' Mills

Comments

• Wasn't one of these created for Jimmy Seed?

I seem to remember doing a project at Secondary School during English where I had to pick a subject of my choosing (decided on Charlton Athletic) and do a presentation on the topic, I seem to remember including Jimmy Seed based on this type of cartoon

I seem to remember doing a project at Secondary School during English where I had to pick a subject of my choosing (decided on Charlton Athletic) and do a presentation on the topic, I seem to remember including Jimmy Seed based on this type of cartoon

Dave did a whole series of them over a season in the programme.

We've used a few in the museum to tell the story of the club a bit more visually and this is the first.

Dave did a whole series of them over a season in the programme.
    Cheers, this must be where I got the cartoon from... Would have been around the 98/99 or 99/00 season if my memory is right
  • how come Hewie hasn't got a nickname like 'Mosky' has?

"long John"
  • I went to his funeral in Boston a year or two back.

Don't think he ever had a nickname, but if he did, it should have been something to do with his ability to clear the ball over the old West Stand.

Don't think he ever had a nickname, but if he did, it should have been something to do with his ability to clear the ball over the old West Stand.

Long John Hewie
  • Sponsored links:

• These are excellent

The Charlton Athletic Museum is a volunteer initiative to preserve and display the heritage of our football club for the local community and supporters Registered Charity 1174896