Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2017-18

Comments

• Options
    T20 against oz starts at 8:40 today. Just as I get to work so I'll probably watch at least the first hour of it. :)
  • Options
    Roy, Hales, Malan, Morgan, Buttler, Billings, Willey, Rashid, Jordan, T Curran, Wood
    Warner, Short, Lynn, Maxwell, Head, Stoinis, Carey, Agar, Tye, Richardson, Stanlake
  • Options
    Morgan flops again.
  • Options
    What happened to Agar’s hair?
  • Options

Or Ball was bowling to De Kock.

Snigger.

Was watching the South Africa v India ODI just last week, commentators seemed to believe De Kock wasn't going hard..
  • Options
    I will tell you one thing.

D'arcy Short will have a field day against the England bowlers on his home track.. genuinely think if he turns up they can chase any score. The mans a magician with the stick.
  • Options
    This is awful batting.
  • Options
    Agar and Maxwell shouldn't have combined bowling figures of 5-0-25-5
  • Options
    And then Rashid falls for the trap!

94-2 to 127-8
  • Options
    This is a truly abysmal showing - at least it's in a T20
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curran!
  • Options
    Curran - 6 and out!
  • Options
    From being just 2 down off 9.3 overs we could well be all out not using all of our 20 overs. Bit like recent ODIs - we're just not thinking.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Such brainless batting by all of them. Someone should make a VHS compilation of all our dismissals in this game and send it back in time 30 years with the words 'CRICKET 2018' scrawled on the side
  • Options
    Nice finish. We're at least 20 short really though
  • Options
    155-9 close of innings. Probably 30 runs short of where we should have been.
  • Options
    Terrible choice of shots from a number of players. I am a Kent fan but Billings doesn't do it for me. Too inconsistent.
  • Options
    England are very one dimensional, they only play one way.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Terrible choice of shots from a number of players. I am a Kent fan but Billings doesn't do it for me. Too inconsistent.

It's a shame because there is a very decent batsman there but I think that the issue is that sometimes he feels that he needs to show off his funky shots rather than using his orthodox ones - I saw him recently reverse sweep three out of four balls despite the fact that the opposition had a backward point and man on the point boundary specifically for that shot. Then he tried to ramp a spinner when the risk/reward for a ball with no pace simply doesn't warrant it.
  • Options
    Talking of brainless cricket please meet David Warner!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's pretty funny
  • Options
    Come on Willey - massive wicket of Lynn
  • Options
    What a ball!
  • Options
    Go on Willey
  • Options
    Willey's smashing it!
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Go on Willey

Resisted saying I love Willey!
  • Options
    Short going well.

Get Rashy on.
  • Options
    Willey really shouldn't ever bowl short. The Warner wicket was a massive slice of luck
  • Options

England are very one dimensional, they only play one way.

They play with a freedom of expression that Baylis and Farbrace have granted them. They are uninhibited and free of the shackles that held them back for so long. But as you say only play one way, no regard for the state of the match. Sometimes they will score 220+ (400+ in ODI) but not enough times to warrant this approach as the only one.
  • Options
    They're reviewing that? ffs