Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gills vs Charlton Sept '17 | Post Match Views

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2017

se9addick said:

Crazy how football can change, last Sunday I woke up contemplating how far clear we'd be from the third place team if we picked up four or six points from Wigan & Gillingham - never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd get nothing at all from those two games.

It's been said before but we have absolutely no plan b - Robinson really needs to address this because it is going to cost us promotion if we don't. The only silver lining of Holmes being out next week (which is a huge, huge blow) is that it will force us to find different ways to play which is now vital and Robinson's Charlton career will live and die based on his ability to develop an alternative.

Roly doesn't want to get promoted - it would be more expensive than staying in League One. Mid table is what he is after....
    I'm sure he does - puts the value of the club up due to proximity to the PL - he just doesn't want it enough and consequently will end up with a bigger pile of debt if we don't make it.
  • Options
    I think we're freaking out a bit early this time......I wasn't at the game but it sounded as if their keeper played a blinder and we had plenty of chances but - just - couldn't put one away.

If I were KR I'd try a back 5 for a few games to settle things down and then crack on.

If the play offs are the target we need 7.5 points per month: so we're ok for August/September.

If its automatic promotion then we'd need 8.5 points per month......3 points from the next 3 games would comfortably keep us on target.

The main concern must be the lack of a proven goal scorer. Can't see Magennis and Holmes getting above 12 each. Dodoo? Who knows. This might not be fatal though if we can stop giving away silly goals.
  • Options
    From the highlights looks like Forster Caskey let's the number 5 run off him leaving Solly exposed to two on one for the cross. Then Kashi is sucked in to the 5 leaving their player in the middle unmarked to score. Solly and Bauer both possibly not getting in blocks along the way making it a poor goal to concede all round.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Gillingham's goalkeeper has been put in the EFL team of the week.

From where I watched, granted didn't have best of views in first half, none of his saves seemed that difficult...
  • Options
    Watching a bit of Gills v Pompey. How did we manage to get beat by this lot?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Gives me confidence against Portsmouth, they look just as bad which surprises me... Know they dont have Pitman but they got lucky with their goal

Highlight of the match was definitely the corner flag issue at the beginning although the Gills should definitely have had a penalty
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

We conceded first, meaning that they didn't need to attack us & could get all their men behind the ball. We then couldn't get in behind them & spent the 2nd half passing the ball sideways across their box - exactly the same as Plymouth (bottom of the league). Both teams have only won once all season - against us.
  • Options
    Went to the game. Gills were awful and lucky to get away with just 1 nil. The supporters seem to think they are going down; and I think they are right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gillingham are the second lowest scorers in the division, they've scored 6 goals all season and 3 were in one game, that's 3 goals scored in the remaining 11 fixtures...
  • Options

Gillingham are the second lowest scorers in the division, they've scored 6 goals all season and 3 were in one game, that's 3 goals scored in the remaining 11 fixtures...

1 was enough to beat us - last season 1 was enough to get them a draw against us. They are starting to become the new Millwall.