Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gills vs Charlton Sept '17 | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    WSS said:

First time since 1929.

Ouch.

FA Cup 2004.
  • Options
    Attitude and desire spot on again but we are finding it tough against the more physical sides.
  • Options
    I think this will be a recurring theme all season, teams come and try to beat us and they will lose, teams looking for a point will come away with 3.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

On the plus side now 18/1 to win the league

You bothered to look for those odds?
  • Options

I think this will be a recurring theme all season, teams come and try to beat us and they will lose, teams looking for a point will come away with 3.

Wigan disprove that theory
  • Options
    on the plus RD is looking at investing in new goal line technology image
  • Options
    Anyone still out out ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anyone still out out ?

Only you, AFKA.

You'll be in big trouble.

• Options
    edited September 2017

Scum are beating top of the Championship and we're losing to the bottom of League One side , shameful times to be an Addick , thanks Roly now piss off .

It's still a shit League and ATM we don't look out of place in it .

5% Automatic promotion ........ 45% Play offs ........... 45% 7th-12th ....... 5% 13th-20th ...... 0% Relegation

100% Roland Out

Not sure you can blame the elderly for Millwall for beating top of the Championship. But you can blame hime for us being in a position where we lose to bottom of League 1. We should still be Championship minimum. He may have relented a bit and is now letting the gaffer get on with it. But it's too late. He should have done that when we were still back in the Championship. He has seemingly locked the stable door after the horse has run off.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

S**t.

Salt?
    Spot?
    Soot?

Silt!

Taken from the thread, 'how to ruin someone's post with one letter change'.
  • Options

I've been fortunate so far in life, despite many ailments, never to have suffered from premature ejaculation. I imagine this season is how that affliction feels.

On the contrary...
    Aimed properly, one of them could have resulted in the breeding of a quick finishing striker who's lethal around the box.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    HandG said:

Another false dawn start to the season under this regime? Or is this team still "the real deal?"

I wasn't there today so won't comment on the game but those who were getting over excited about the start need to have a look at themselves. And that is not me writing off the season but it lasts 46 games! A decent six games means nothing-we need to be consistent for a long stretch and the signs shown this week ain't great. Also, with the state of mind in the stands, the league we are in and the trigger happy owner, we are only a couple more defeats from the toxicity returning-KR needs to turn this around double quick......

Not really. It's in the nature of fans to get over excited after a good run of wins. Bit odd if you don't really. Whenever you're positive you know it can still go horribly wrong at any moment, especially with a thin squad, and no proven goalscoring striker (Josh is almost that, but not quite).

Now, can we beat Bury without Holmes, Reeves or Marshall?
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

on the plus RD is looking at investing in new goal line technology image

How many floors up is that top tier?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I think some inderviduals at times are probably trying too hard.
  • Options
    Only listened to the commentary, but sounds much like a lot of what we'd feared, one dimensional, one plan, not enough physical strength and a bench full of youngsters, a legend but aged pro and inadequates for even this division.

I can see us getting turned over by Bury at home next week and Walsall/Fleetwood away will be difficult matches anyway let alone when confidence is low. No goals in two games says it all.

Holmes out for the weekend and not a lot to replace him with, who from todays bench will start......... need a win soon or squeaky bum time for Robinson...
  • Options
    I didn't spend a fiver on the iFollow stream this week. It wasn't because I was too tight, it wasn't down to the midweek defeat, it was because the likelihood of being interrupted by drunk Swedes, Chinese tour guides and an over-excited dog were too high. Yes, I had to look after the guesthouse while the missus was in Bangkok.

I followed the match thread on and off during the game and although not necessarily expecting a big win, I certainly didn't anticipate a defeat. The only consolation is that five wins and three defeats is better the succession of draws we were getting not too long ago. Annoying that Holmes was booked but he wasn't going to get much further without a fifth yellow card.

The good news is that I'll be at the Bury game next week and will be looking to extend the four match winning streak that I'm on at the moment, with 12 goals scored and two conceded.
  • Options
    My first game this season and I was expecting more given the reports of the games so far.

We looked to rely on Holmes and the left hand side too much, with nothing going through the middle. F*** knows what happens if Magennis does not play.

On yesterdays showing, and against a team in the bottom three as well, we'll be lucky to make the play-offs.
  • Options
    Wasn't at the game. Was fuming after Tuesday and still fuming this morning. Tuesday was shit because I truly believe we didn't put 100% in, yesterday, from what I could pick up from reports on here was shit because we had more shots on goal etc and in my mind, Gillingham are a team that will finish near the bottom, so we should be winning

KR needs to have a big week this week because Bury is a must win game for me now. We can't be going 3 defeats in a row

Sort it out
  • Options
    I would say after a bright start to the season we have been worked out, as I expected. Squad not big enough or good enough.
    Same old winter coming along I think.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    You're right @cabbles Charlton should be beating teams like Gillingham.............oh wait someone said that about us once except we weren't bottom of L1 with players on £200 / £400 per week.

We need to get a freebie or two in ASAP to provide different options but I'm not holding my breath with the megalomaniac puppet master in charge and the puppets who dance to his tune.

Hope I'm wrong and it's just a blip otherwise my observation last week will ring true that peaks and troughs will be a regular feature at least until January and probably thereafter. Especially if we have slipped into mid table mediocrity with no transfer window additions and possible outgoings.
  • Options
    Rubbish result , in a terrible week . If we beat Bury , we could go second so we live in hope . Having no goal threat on the bench is going to be a huge problem, January is a long way off .