Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CHARLTON 0 WIGAN 3 - 11th September 2017

edited September 2017 in General Charlton

CHARLTON 0 WIGAN 3 (Massey 44, 70, Morsy 87)

Attendance 10,172 (239 Wigan)

Charlton Amos, Solly, Bauer, Pearce, Dasilva, Kashi (Konsa, 68), Forster-Caskey, Fosu (Ahearne-Grant, 68), Clarke (Dodoo, 74), Holmes, Magennis.

Southend Jones, Byrne, Morsy, Evans, Grigg (Power, 78), Massey, Bruce, Jacobs (Elder, 90+2), Powell (Toney, 74), James, Burn.

Summary

Ouch. After an impressive start to the season, Charlton were bitch-slapped back into their place by a Wigan side that outplayed, outthought and outfought the Addicks in a convincing display. Bar a Forster-Caskey shot off the crossbar in the first half and a penalty shout towards the end, Charlton were never at the races in this game.

Post Match comments

Robinson: “I lost my battle with their manager and every one of my players lost their battles with their players and it was as simple as that tonight. We tried to play a little bit of a different way second half and play direct to Josh, but we didn’t win enough second balls. We lost all of our individual battles. We have to apologise because it wasn’t good enough. We’ve had a bad night against one of the best attacking teams in the league. Sometimes you have a bad night against other teams but you find a way of winning. That’s as good as you’ll come up against in League One. We gave them too much space and showed them too much respect and we’ve been beaten by the better team.”

STATBANK Player Marks

Pearce = 6.27
Amos= 6.14
Bauer = 5.73
Holmes = 5.63
Forster-Caskey = 5.45
Magennis = 5.33
Solly = 5.08
Dasilva = 5.04
Clarke = 4.98
Fosu-Henry = 4.93
Kashi = 4.50

Team Average =5.33 (lowest of season so far)

Matchday Links

Preview
Match Thread
Post Match Views
Player Marks Thread
Statbank

Return to 2017/18 fixtures HERE