Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Toad in the hole

Comments

• Options

Wife went for B.

Women are from Venus, men are from Mars :wink:
  • Options
    A is the lesser of two evils. Got to get that oil mighty hot, something B didn't manage
  • Options
    So come on them @Leaburns Daddy which one is yours fella?
  • Options
    Both a generous 4 out if 10
  • Options
    A. Looks more messy.
  • Options
    B looks like one of those Findus frozen jobs. A is a bit messy but looks tastier.
  • Options
    option C is the RD entry its only batter but we get a hot dog on loan in January
  • Options

option C is the RD entry its only batter but we get a hot dog on loan in January

Probably a waffle
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A looks better.

Nice tip I got a few years back for toad in the hole was to use chipolates and fry them in a bit of apple juice and red onion before adding to the batter. Lovely flavour when cooked and soaked in gravy.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

I was only joking when I said be brutally honest you oribble bastards. Mine was A which I thought was far superior than that flat stodgy looking thing! Mrs liked it so much I'm about to go put my banger in her mash.

I also feel I need to reply to some of my critics but someone's calling.

Let's hope it is just a messy. Off you go soldier!
  • Options
    A looks like an utter disgrace to the good name of toad in the hole.

B.
  • Options

I was only joking when I said be brutally honest you oribble bastards. Mine was A which I thought was far superior than that flat stodgy looking thing! Mrs liked it so much I'm about to go put my banger in her mash.

I also feel I need to reply to some of my critics but someone's calling.

Let's hope it is just a messy. Off you go soldier!
    Size wise she should have gone for B.
  • Options
    Did they both use the same brand of saugage? If so, B.

When will we get a scratch and sniff app on the interweb?
  • Options
    Look at those offerings, I'd prefer Toad out of the hole. Just good quality sausages with chips and beans.
  • Options

A!!

Oil for the batter in B wasn't hot enough before batter poured in hence it ain't risen to the occasion!! Looks stodgy as well.

A. Another reason for the stodge could be he used a pyrex dish. You should always use a metal one for this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Both, and any other version you care to throw at me...
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

A by a mile for the batter.

Good onion gravy also vital.

Quality of sausages main thing.

Redskin said:

A without a doubt. Better batter, the bangers have a good gloss on them and look like a superior quality to the dessicated Bs.
    Sorry if yours was B, Leaburn...

It is all about the quality of Sausage and A wins cos B looks like the cheap nasty sausage all cafes sold up to 10 years ago , proper filth
  • Options
    A all the way

B looks like custard with sausages laid out in it !!
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

A by a mile for the batter.

Good onion gravy also vital.

Quality of sausages main thing.

Redskin said:

A without a doubt. Better batter, the bangers have a good gloss on them and look like a superior quality to the dessicated Bs.
    Sorry if yours was B, Leaburn...

It is all about the quality of Sausage and A wins cos B looks like the cheap nasty sausage all cafes sold up to 10 years ago , proper filth
    Agreed.
    New Eltham butchers, Heaps in Greenwich and the Butcher in Eynsford do the best that I know of.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I've been told this was a better angle on mine. If wanted an omelette with sausages I'd have picked B.

• Options

I've been told this was a better angle on mine. If wanted an omelette with sausages I'd have picked B.

Still rubbish imo. The batter and sausage skins look burnt. The other one looks undercooked.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    A gets it from me but needs two or three more sausages....smothering it in baked beans and onion gravy would help to camouflage the carnage!
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Looks like Spongebob Square Pants after botched plastic surgery.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Like what Jimmy said, not the most photogenic dish but 100% the sausages were not burnt and were still full of juice and flavour. The outer edges of the batter look slightly overdone but that was the crispyness I wanted. Had way too many stodgy eggy ones like B. Will use a smaller dish or more batter next time though.
  • Options