Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth v Charlton | Sat 12 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    2 1 charlton , plymouth will be tough to brake down , but I think we will have to much going forward for them and they will want to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible
  • Options
    Can we buy tickets at Plymouth on the day?
  • Options

Can we buy tickets at Plymouth on the day?

if there's any left yeah , away end holds 1600 but can be extended for 2000 not that we will have that many
  • Options
    Anyone know how Plymouth set up?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Yes
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

my mother is a janner , normally sit back and counter attack , not the best when conceding fist , but if they score fist can be nails to break them down
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Started 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 away against Peterborough last Saturday and 4-3-3 against Bristol City on Tuesday, but they made 9 changes. So expect a 4-4-1-1, with the one behind the striker dropping into midfield when we have the ball to almost match us up.
  • Options
    Dale94 said:

2 1 charlton , plymouth will be tough to brake down , but I think we will have to much going forward for them and they will want to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible

Think we'll really have to have our foot on the pedal for this one mate!
  • Options
    I think he may start with Clarke up front and Reeves in the number 10 position, but he will not last 90 minutes, so expect after about an hour Reeves will come off, Clarke drop back to number 10 and either Watt or Kag to see out last 30 minutes, obviously depending on injuries, the score at the time and whether we keep 11 men on the field. Still think we will win 1-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I refuse to get optimistic about Charlton, they have ruined too many Saturday nights. However, the cat is looking particularly smug at the moment. I think he thinks he is in for a quiet 5 o'clock this week!

1-1
  • Options
    Avoid defeat and avoid a red card and I will be satisfied.
  • Options
    With Magennis and Novak out we are missing a bit of height and physicality. If we can compete at the set pieces our better players could flourish.
  • Options
    There's no way Clarke will play up top as a number 9, Robinson said when we signed him that he's not a striker. It would make no sense whatsoever starting him as the 9 when we already have a striker who has played that position.

Watt will start.
  • Options
    Kashi is due for another one from half way line.
    Yalla yalla Reeeeeeeeeds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I can see us picking up another three points.
  • Options

Clarke played quite well as a "false 9" on Saturday

No striker, lack of height, we're becoming like the Spain team that won Euro 2012 :smile:

I'll settle for League One !
  • Options

Ryan Taylor out for the Pilgrims (broken ankle), by the sounds of it this leaves them very light up top.

I guess as we are missing Novak we are light up too as well (in weight).
  • Options
    2-0 Holmes with both.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I refuse to get optimistic about Charlton, they have ruined too many Saturday nights. However, the cat is looking particularly smug at the moment. I think he thinks he is in for a quiet 5 o'clock this week!

1-1

What do you do to your cat when we lose??
  • Options

You have a typo up there ForeverAddickted "food for foot".

cabbles wrote that for you didn't he :smile:

and another typo (sorry for pedantry) 'periods of the match with 10-men'. One period I think?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Not sure Watt deserves to be on the bench.

What about the chap who Henry goes on about? Fairchuff or something?

I'm not sure he'll risk dropping Watt from the bench (confidence destroying) but I'd like to see Reeeeeco being given a chance, because @Henry Irving knows things.
  • Options

Clarke played quite well as a "false 9" on Saturday

No striker, lack of height, we're becoming like the Spain team that won Euro 2012 :smile:

Almost identical. Can't tell the managers apart as well.
  • Options
    3-1 to the Addicks, would like to see RHC, HF both on the bench. COYR
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Give Watt a chance up front, switch with Clarke if he disappoints with Reeves slotting in. Bring on KAG or H-F for the last 20 minutes. Otherwise keep the same team as last week.

By the sounds of it Reeves needs another few warm up games. He'd probably prefer to start when he's up to speed.

I'd start KAG, who apparently had a blinder v. Exeter, but have Reeeeco or Charles-Cook ready to replace him. They're all pacey and tricky. Not sure how they are with barn doors though...

1-2
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    KR could go 4-4-2 to suit the personnel available and have Watt and KAG up front. Might be a bit harsh on Clarke though - but I wouldn't fancy playing against Holmes, Fosu, Watt and KAG!!!! Might surprise Plymouth too!
  • Options
    I don't think he will go 4-4-2