Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth v Charlton | Sat 12 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

Would hope to see Charles Cook rewarded for his cup exploits with a place on the bench.

3-1 Charlton.

I had put him on the bench instead of Watt but changed my mind - Looking at my choice again though Id be surprised to see Jackson on the bench so soon after Exeter so could see Regan in place of him
  • Options
    Plymouth look weak and there for the taking, they've just lost 2 on the spin one of which by quite a scoreline, good time of the season to be playing them and more importantly a valuable 3 points as if we are to make a go of it, getting that early psychological lead up top is invaluable.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Amos
    Solly Bauer Pearce Dasilva
    Kashi Forster-Caskey
    Fosu Clarke Holmes
    Watt

Phillips, Sarr, Konsa, Aribo, Charles-Cook, Reeves, Ahearne-Grant

Plymouth Argyle 0-2 Charlton Athletic
    Holmes
    Forster-Caskey
  • Options
    Last time we played Plymouth was...............Chris Powell's first game in charge. What a happy day that was - despite having to field Simon Francis, Gary Doherty and Alan McOxo, we won 2-0 with goals from Wagstaff and Nathan Eccleston. A crowd that day of 16,607, wonder when we'll next see a crowd of that size at The Valley.

Not got many memories of games at Home Park, we've not played them that often in my 27 years. Last time down there we got a 2-2 draw thanks to a 90th minute equaliser from Paul Benson. Goalscorers for Plymouth that day were future £25m man Yannick Bolasie and some bloke from Lewisham called Bradley-Wright-Phillips.

We had another 2-2 in Pardew's third-to-last game in charge, and we beat them 2-1 towards the end of our first season down from the Premier League - Nicky Weaver was sent off in the 3rd minute, Robbie Elliot came on to make his debut and on-loan Leroy Lita scored twice in the last half hour or so.

Despite being an annoying Scouse git, Karl has masterminded 2 decent victories, and (judging by the Tweets) has even managed to make it through his Thursday morning press conference without saying anything monumentally stupid or irritating. Think we'll have to settle for a draw this Saturday though, as Magennis is apparently out for another week so I guess we'll have to settle for either raw potential (KAG) or unfulfilled potential (TWatt) up front.

The manager stated in his press conference that the team would be flying down to Devon tomorrow. For the record, Karl, any suggestion that we might have our Charlton back is a complete non-starter until and unless the team are travelling to away games by train. That's how we roll round here.

1-1, Holmes off the mark.
  • Options
    I think 1-1
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of your housing problems FA.
    Charlton to win 2-1
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @ForeverAddickted Are you attending this one? It's just down the road and I'm sure @Oggy Red will be there too! If you add Seb into the mix that's 3 supporters and a fantastic effort.

I think @oohaahmortimer would agree.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

This is how i would line up on Saturday:

Phillips

Solly - Bauer - Pearce - Da Silva

Kashi - JFC

Holmes - Reeves - Fosu

Clarke

And then let the front 4 rotate, be a nightmare to mark.

A bit too right sided for me.

I'd go with:

Phillips

Solly - Bauer - Pearce - Da Silva

Kashi - JFC

Holmes - Reeves - Fosu

Clarke

and let the front 4 rotate as they'd be an absolute Katrien Meire to mark.
    oooooohhhhhh look who knows how to do HTML alignments.

I like the idea of Clarke as a "False 9." With three weeks left of the window, seeing how he does there could be a good indicator if we're going to need another forward or not (assuming we keep Watt, which is a big if at the moment).

As mentioned previously, that front four could be a nightmare to contend with, but we will need players making runs beyond the defense otherwise it will all be a bit in front of Plymouth. Fosu made a lovely run that Holmes picked out in the first half on Saturday but the ball just got caught under his feet. Fosu and Holmes making those out to in runs from the flanks will be crucial, and it will allow for Clarke to pull wide or come short, with Reeves being the link between central midfield and attack.

Hopefully Reeves is fit for another 60 minutes. Not entirely sure he is, but if he's even close I think it's worth giving him the nod.

....................Amos
    Solly (C)....Bauer....Pearce....DaSilva
    ..........F-Caskey.....Kashi
    Tosu.............Reeves..........Holmes
    ...................Clarke
  • Options
    Amos
    Solly (C) - Bauer - Pearce - DaSilva
    F-Caskey - Kashi
    Fosu - Reeves - Holmes
    Clarke
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Happy to help:

It's < center > at the start and then < / center > at the end but remove the spaces between the chevrons :wink:
  • Options
    Can't make this one .. pity, was looking forward to seeing us against the green army .. what effect will the 5-0 have on the Pilgrims ? .. make them lowly,meek and mild or ready to fight the good fight ? .. whatever, it'll be a good test for us after last week's battling and super performance .. if Reeves is deemed fit enough he comes in with (as @ForeverAddickted's line up), Clarke up front .. if not, then Ahearn-Grant will probably get a slot .. personally I'd go for Umerah, but Robbo won't do that .. won't be easy against what last year was a decent outfit ..

Plymouth Argyle 0 v CAFC 1
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

@ForeverAddickted Are you attending this one? It's just down the road and I'm sure @Oggy Red will be there too! If you add Seb into the mix that's 3 supporters and a fantastic effort.

I think @oohaahmortimer would agree.

Haha nah I cant be bothered to travel the hour and 30mins back down from Newquay when I'll be travelling back past again on the way home on Tuesday.

It was our Wedding Anniversary on the opening day of the season and my wife agreed to come, might be pushing my luck to get her to come to the Plymouth game on her Birthday
  • Options
    Charlton to win 3-1
  • Options
    Plymouth made 9 changes for their 5-0 cup thrashing at Bristol C, so I think Saturday may be more difficult than some feel. I'm generally awful at predicting Charlton scores, but I'll go 1-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-1 will do nicely
  • Options
    10 men Charlton hold on for 1-0 win. Pearce the scorer.
  • Options
    2-0 CAFC
    Good time to play them with our first away game of the season.
  • Options
    I'm going, looking forward to it, though I know from past experience what happens on here when everyone is optimistic. I'd rather go for a defeat and be wrong.
  • Options
    Team are flying down so should be fresh
  • Options
    Give Watt a chance up front, switch with Clarke if he disappoints with Reeves slotting in. Bring on KAG or H-F for the last 20 minutes. Otherwise keep the same team as last week.
  • Options

Give Watt a chance up front, switch with Clarke if he disappoints with Reeves slotting in. Bring on KAG or H-F for the last 20 minutes. Otherwise keep the same team as last week.

Watt had a chance against a division 2 club Tuesday and did not take it. Lowest mark in the team.

MOM KAG deserves the chance because of his performance. He has earned the place.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I'm sure Plymouth airport has closed down.
  • Options

ross1 said:

I'm sure Plymouth airport has closed down.
    both cities use exeter airport now , which is 35 min drive from plymouth by car