Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oldham away. Sept 2

Comments

• Options

If Gordon Strachan was at The Valley on Saturday then Watt must be a shoo-in for Scotland

Not after that performance!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

How far away from the train station to the ground out of interest

First time then? Grim outpost in winter on the edge of Saddleworth Moor, luckily it's still summer.
    Saddleworth Moor grim in its own right. Brady and Hindley buried a kid somewhere there. The history still hangs over the town. Pubs very subdued.
  • Options

Yeah it will be my first time going to Oldham. Thanks for he replies. So what is the ground like???

Not a bad ground, the away end is ageing but decently sized
    iamdan said:

Train ticket from London is £89, is that correct!?

Just get a return to Manchester, then catch the tram
  • Options
    The Stalybridge station buffet is an absolute must visit for ale fans or indeed fans of bars.
  • Options
    can't wait for this one
  • Options

Yeah it will be my first time going to Oldham. Thanks for he replies. So what is the ground like???

Cold, windy and desolate and they're just the top attractions.
  • Options
    You do it a dis service great little club with a master chef winner serving the grub in the hospitality I love it up there very much like the cafc I grew up with

Quality Mgr who remembers one of our greatest nights when he was in the opposing team at St. Andrews

A night in Manchester is always a quality night

• Options
    edited August 2017
    booked 3 days/nights in Manchester hotel on the way back (eventually) from Fleetwood .. not sure if I can do the Oldham game .. we will see
  • Options
    I'll be there +2
  • Options
    Is there a chance the game can be called off then? Or is it def going ahead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedChaser said:

How far away from the train station to the ground out of interest

First time then? Grim outpost in winter on the edge of Saddleworth Moor, luckily it's still summer.
    Saddleworth Moor grim in its own right. Brady and Hindley buried a kid somewhere there. The history still hangs over the town. Pubs very subdued.
    Saddleworth Moor is absolutely breathtaking. Coating it off as 'grim' is a bit like calling the whole of London 'stabby' because of yoot gangs. I see it every morning on the M62 on the way to work (work in Rochdale) and it's breathtaking seeing it soar up into the distance.

Oldham is a fucking hole though
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Is there a chance the game can be called off then? Or is it def going ahead.

Still a chance I would think until international squads announced unless youth teams not playing
  • Options
    on Saturday there was a 'rumour' going on that the Oldham game would be called off .. how much notice is required from EFL ?
  • Options
    I have spoken to people at Oldham today and they haven't heard anything about it being off or potentially off
  • Options
    ^^ off it is then!
  • Options
    The away game will be better midweek. You'll be able to see less of the place in the dark.
  • Options
    As Forever addick said on another thread Da Silva called up no Konza call up so unless someone like Kashi gets called up the game looks set to go head.
  • Options
    The cheapest trains available at present are
    Dep Euston 07.35 arr Manchester Piccadilly 09.45 £27.00 [£17.80]
    Dep Euston 08.00 arr Manchester Piccadilly 10.04 as above
    Dep Euston 08.20 arr Manchester Piccadilly 10.28 £32.00 [£21.10]
    Dep Euston 08.40 arr Manchester Piccadilly 10.46 £38.00 [£25.10]
    Dep Euston 09.00 arr Manchester Piccadilly 11.04 £32.00 [£21.10]

Dep Manchester Piccadilly 18.15 arr Euston 20.34 £27.00 [£17.80]
    Dep Manchester Piccadilly 18.35 arr Euston 20.52 £32.00 [£21.10]
    Dep Manchester Piccadilly 18.55 arr Euston 21.30 £38.00 [£25.10]
    Dep Manchester Piccadilly 19.35 arr Euston 21.59 £32.00 [£21.10]
    Railcard fares are in brackets.

From Piccadilly tram to Westwood return fare is £3.80 or182 bus to Oldham hospital which is close to the ground,a bus leaves at 17.16 which should get you back at Piccadilly by 18.00.Westwood tram stop is about a mile from the ground.
  • Options
    How is this going to go ahead? Oldham only had 3 subs this weekend, losing 2 more surely they aren't allowed to name a single sub?
  • Options

How is this going to go ahead? Oldham only had 3 subs this weekend, losing 2 more surely they aren't allowed to name a single sub?

Of course they can. I think they could even start with less than 11 players under the rules.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017

Of course they can. I think they could even start with less than 11 players under the rules.
    Law 3 covers this the gist of which is;

Number of Players
    A match is played by two teams, each with a maximum of eleven players; one must be the goalkeeper. A match may not start or continue if either team has fewer than seven players.

If a team has fewer than seven players because one or more players has deliberately left the field of play, the referee is not obliged to stop play and the advantage may be played, but the match must not resume after the ball has gone out of play if a team does not have the minimum number of seven players.

If the competition rules state that all players and substitutes must be named before kick-off and a team starts a match with fewer than eleven players, only the players and substitutes named in the starting line-up may take part in the match upon their arrival.

So tough luck on Oldham unless their squad has been struck down by some sort of illness and they receive a sympathic ear from the EFL to postpone the game.
  • Options
    Couple of old guys working out the train from Northampton if it goes ahead.
  • Options
    https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/august/27082017-sheridan-post-blackpool/

They had 9 injuries on Saturday, that's extraordinary for August.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Couple of old guys working out the train from Northampton if it goes ahead.

Get yourselves to Manchester then the tram or bus to Oldham @jonseventyfive . If you've got a Freedom Pass or equivalent it's buckshee on the bus but normal fare on the tram.
  • Options
    I love a tram, lol, thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    I'm think I'm going to book a cab from Manchester Piccadilly to Oldham. And Oldham to Piccadilly after game. About £25 return.
    Think I'll be in the 12:00 train from Euston.
    Room for two if anyone fancies sharing?
  • Options
    Hi James I've put your suggestion to the committee, but he hasn't got back yet, he's trying to work out our route, when he does I'll let you know.
  • Options
    Our train gets to piccadilly at 1, 2 of us will share a cab to ground.
  • Options
    OK. KNOW I'm a worry guts but is there any way this match will be postponed at this stage ?

After Saturday's enjoyable trip, the Fab Four are belatedly considering making this one but can't afford to shell out for train tickets that could be unused.

Ta.
  • Options
    Relax, I go everywhere with my defib what's to worry about. FF if I can make so can you, I hope.