Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Flag, Flagged and Flagging?

Comments

• Options

I've got 15, 5 of which were for saying I used to like the old white palace top with the diagonal stripes.

Almost 16
  • Options

No offence intended, but it amazes me how seriously some people take this sort of stuff. people being offended by people marking a flag against them is one of the most popular things out moderators get contacted about.

What is the purpose of the Flag option?

- primarily it is a way of highlighting content that fails the term or conditions of acceptable usage. ie if someone is being racist, or offensive or threatening to the degree they might potentially get themselves or this site in trouble, or OTT in the personal abuse of a fellow member. There is an undetermined line, but I think it is quite clear to most when it has been crossed

- it is a way that if any seriously bad content was added it can be resolved quickly and without the need for a moderator to be online and aware, as they is an auto trigger that if a post gets a certain number of flags, it gets removed from public view

- it's a way that if we are ever unsure about whether to allow a user to remain a member following an 'incident', it's helpful way to see what previous 'form' they may have

- It is not to be used if someone posts something that you strongly disagree

It's not perfect. Its childishly misused when people get in personal spats, and particularly with finger scrolling on phones, it's easy to hit accidentally. but it does serve a form of purpose.

If ever we notice flags that are inappropriate, our mods remove them. But it's not something they actively do (because everyone has better things to do with their time!) and if you've got a rogue or two flag against your name, it means nothIng I can assure you.

We explained usage of it when it was introduced, perhaps we should be doing reminders of that more frequently

Hope that helps

So why can't you flag a moderator's post you hypocrite !
    Another flaw in the system. They are the worst
    Can you not take away your moderators title, I have been dying to give you one!
    Where's that Kenneth Williams picture now we need it?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

My flags are from @PL54 so are of historical value.

:smile:

Most definitely a badge of honour from that poster. If you ain't had one from pl54 you need to consider if you are on the right forum.
  • Options
  • Options

I have 109 flags against me! Not one of them deserved. If admin are offering this service can I request that each one of these flags be reviewed and removed in order to restore my good CL name? Perhaps the trainee moderator could do it. On second thoughts maybe not.......I will probably end up with more flags!

• Options

I've got 15, 5 of which were for saying I used to like the old white palace top with the diagonal stripes.

I'll make it 6 for that comment.
  • Options

All my life I’ve been good.

A goodie two shoes who went through life without causing upset - apart from breaking a pencil at secondary school - I think in the second year if memory serves me right.

Then I joined CL and I neared 1K likes and 1K LOLS at the same time without so much as a smell of a flag. I fancifully thought that I could achieve the double without the dreaded negative … and then it happened.

I likened Chelsea’s purchase of Scottie Parker to Margaret Thatcher’s sinking of the Belgrano. A single incisive move that changed the course of history. I was correctly called out by a CL stalwart who said (in effect) … “Hang on mate, 323 sailors died on the Belgrano, Scottie Parker just caused a bit of distress among the CL community".

The thing is I wear that flag with pride. I’m no longer a non entity. I’m the dodgy geezer you should avoid in the pub. In short don’t mess with RCC!

Flag for more LOL than me!
  • Options
    I treat them as clasbo's..got a few from the same know all idiot but hey ho. Don't think I have ever flagged anyone (possibly in retaliation once) despite the abuse I get, I just laugh them off..
  • Options
    I've got 18.

Bunch of wankers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had an entire thread deleted because I said I prefer the sound of male commentators over female ones. Didn't get flagged though
  • Options

Dassler21 gave me my one and only flag for calling dogs highly strung shit machines.
    I hate the stinking, money sapping, irritating, garden destroying, substitutes for real friends.

It's that trigger happy rage of his which makes @Dazzler21 undoubtedly the most disliked mod by far. His jealousy of @i_b_b_o_r_g growing popularity is his other main issue.
    Damn I thought I was hiding it well...

Is Dassler my German cousin?
  • Options
    I got flagged for saying JBG was not up to it and I'd be happy when he left which I thought was odd because it's a personal view.
  • Options
    Hahah my post got buried! I can see it got 5 flags but the only person I can see that flagged me was my actual friend Suzi!! I'm outraged.
  • Options
    I used to get annoyed by them but then realised they appear to get thrown around like confetti to "apologists" so gave up caring.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Just the 74 - Most from deeply missed @Absurdistan - I think he was doing cold turkey the day he went flag crazy
  • Options
    My two favourites were from the same person. One for pointing out it was Lux Interior's birthday and the other for wishing Jimmy Greaves get well soon... :lol:
  • Options
    Three for me and they all relate to poor tasting jokes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

I used to get annoyed by them but then realised they appear to get thrown around like confetti to "apologists" so gave up caring.

Surprised you only have nine.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Not had one yet...

• Options

You do realise flags are bad.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Surprised you only have nine.
    Surprised you've got 33 what with your objective and balanced views on life
  • Options

Yeah, but I just want to be edgy like @Raith_C_Chattonell :disappointed:
  • Options

Well tough I have given you a like instead
  • Options