Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC Salary Controversy

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    iainment said:

The bit that I think is the worst is where you have presenters doing exactly the same and having huge wage differences.
    Like how on earth is John Humphreys worth multiples of what his colleagues get for doing the same job.
    Especially as his idea of an interview is to stop conversation so he can show how clever he is. Or not.

And then when a disaster occurs, you get Huw Edwards interviewing John Humphreys. What a waste of money.

• Options

iainment said:

The bit that I think is the worst is where you have presenters doing exactly the same and having huge wage differences.
    Like how on earth is John Humphreys worth multiples of what his colleagues get for doing the same job.
    Especially as his idea of an interview is to stop conversation so he can show how clever he is. Or not.

And then when a disaster occurs, you get Huw Edwards interviewing John Humphreys. What a waste of money.

When did that ever happen?
  • Options
    For me the scandal is the talentless backroom staff on six figure salaries.
  • Options

That sounds familiar.
  • Options

That sounds familiar.
    Yes - doesn't that happen in every industry? A good example is Thomas Cook, where there is no-one with any travel background in the top five layers of management.

Does not make it right at the Beeb though.