Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Murder in Greenwich.

12346»

Comments

• Options

Chizz said:

Curb_It said:

Big sentence. Good.

Big sentence but the scumbag could still have a few years as a free man (he’ll be 61 in 35 years time).

I’m not a advocate of the death sentence but some people should be locked up until the day they die.
    There's absolutely no certainty he'll be let out of jail in 35 years' time. That's just the earliest he could be *considered* to be released, in licence. (And he'll never complete his sentence while he's alive).

In my experience it’s rare to be granted parole at the first shot. In the next 35years he’s going to have to do every offending behaviour course thrown at him, distance himself from negative influences, form positive working relationships with prison staff, demonstrate that he understands what it means to be a member of society in a pro-social way. Basically live like a saint for the next 35years if he wants a chance of getting out at the first attempt. Now I know nothing of this individual and I’m not a betting man but I have a rough idea of how prison life and his adaption to it is going to pan out.
    So are you estimating that he'll never get out ?

I know lifers who are twenty plus years over tariff so it’s a distinct possibility. Especially if he’s a massive cock in the first few years. It’s entirely down to him.

• Options

hang him......a total waste of taxpayers money keeping him alive

And waste of a comment considering we don’t hang people in this country thank goodness.

• Options
    How about bringing back hard labour?
  • Options
    To those who say violent crime is falling...

We have some ex-coppers on here, I think? They could enlighten us as to the re-classification of crimes to aid the big boss's career statistics.

You really can't trust crime stats at all.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Curb_It said:

Big sentence. Good.

Big sentence but the scumbag could still have a few years as a free man (he’ll be 61 in 35 years time).

I’m not a advocate of the death sentence but some people should be locked up until the day they die.
    There's absolutely no certainty he'll be let out of jail in 35 years' time. That's just the earliest he could be *considered* to be released, in licence. (And he'll never complete his sentence while he's alive).

In my experience it’s rare to be granted parole at the first shot. In the next 35years he’s going to have to do every offending behaviour course thrown at him, distance himself from negative influences, form positive working relationships with prison staff, demonstrate that he understands what it means to be a member of society in a pro-social way. Basically live like a saint for the next 35years if he wants a chance of getting out at the first attempt. Now I know nothing of this individual and I’m not a betting man but I have a rough idea of how prison life and his adaption to it is going to pan out.
    So are you estimating that he'll never get out ?

I know lifers who are twenty plus years over tariff so it’s a distinct possibility. Especially if he’s a massive cock in the first few years. It’s entirely down to him.

At first glance I thought you said “if he has a massive cock”
  • Options
    Chunes said:

We have some ex-coppers on here, I think? They could enlighten us as to the re-classification of crimes to aid the big boss's career statistics.

Not according to the ITV news headline story last night, bloody depressing.
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

I work in Greenwich and today walking back from the post office to work in Greenwich south street a guy on a moped mounted the pavement and tried to snatch my phone, I managed to get it into my pocket a split second before he reached out.

Not gna lie I was shaken a little by this.

Be careful out there ladies and gents!

Bit of a shocker. Did you report it?
  • Options
    Chunes said:

violent crime has been on a down-ward trend for a long time. The last couple of years have seen a spike, and with the advent of 24 hour news and the internet, it seems like you hear about violent crime a lot, when a lot of these are isolated cases or gang related.

So crime stats are fake news now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    These incidents really rile me and get my blood boiling. Hope that this guy meets a very painful death at the end of his sentence
  • Options
    mind you supporting this lot IS a life sentence and hard labour at that !
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Certainly guilty of that in the past but for several years now the opposite is actually true. Especially with crimes involving violence. For example, many recorded GBH's are in reality just common assaults.
    The home office set the guidelines for how crimes are recorded, not the Police.
  • Options

A man has been charged with the murder of 31-year-old who was stabbed to death almost three years ago.

Danny Pearce was attacked while walking on King William Walk, Greenwich, south-east London, on 15 July 2017.

David Egan, 23 of Ashmead Road, Feltham, was also charged with possession of a firearm, robbery and possession of an offensive weapon.

The Met Police said he was further charged with:

• Two counts of robbery
    • Having an imitation firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence on 11 July 2017
    • Possession of an offensive weapon on 13 July 2017.

He will appear before Bromley Magistrates' Court.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52598830?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england&link_location=live-reporting-story

• Options
    clive said:

A man has been charged with the murder of 31-year-old who was stabbed to death almost three years ago.

Danny Pearce was attacked while walking on King William Walk, Greenwich, south-east London, on 15 July 2017.

David Egan, 23 of Ashmead Road, Feltham, was also charged with possession of a firearm, robbery and possession of an offensive weapon.

The Met Police said he was further charged with:

• Two counts of robbery
    • Having an imitation firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence on 11 July 2017
    • Possession of an offensive weapon on 13 July 2017.

He will appear before Bromley Magistrates' Court.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52598830?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england&link_location=live-reporting-story

The bloke was arrested in Mottingham the other day.
  • Options
    The BBC report says the accused lives in Deptford not Feltham.
  • Options
    The BBC report says the accused lives in Deptford not Feltham.
    Two were arrested. One from Deptford, one from Feltham. They were renting a flat in Mottingham. The Police found guns and drugs at the flat. 
  • Options
    well well done to the old bill. I bet after this time this bloke thought he’d got away with it.