Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meire's missing salary - a matter of lawfulness

Comments

• Options
    So you embarrass her. What does that actually achieve ?
    It's pretty clear he'll sell if and when he wants & I see little merit in this.
    It's possibly even counter productive, because some fans will view it as being vindictive.
  • Options

It's possibly even counter productive, because some fans will view it as being vindictive.

A bit like her behaviour over the player of the year, then? Damn right she should be called to account because she has personally done more damage to the club than any chief exec we have ever had.
    Carry on then. But as I say, you may just be building support for Meire.
  • Options

A bit like her behaviour over the player of the year, then? Damn right she should be called to account because she has personally done more damage to the club than any chief exec we have ever had.
    If people think the law doesn't matter that's their problem.
  • Options

You'll be campaigning for her to be canonised next, CE.

:smile:
  • Options
    edited July 2017

You'll be campaigning for her to be canonised next, CE.

:smile:
    I don't support Meire in any way. I just feel if AB is coming across as vindictive, it may prove counter productive to his cause.

In the same way that the visit to Meire's parents strongly divided opinion. (obviously nothing to do with AB).
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    FRS 102 is somewhat ambiguous....

https://www.accountingweb.co.uk/business/financial-reporting/frs-102-creates-element-of-confusion-around-related-party-disclosures

In summary it seems to be down to professional judgement although nobody is absolutely sure

EDIT: This explains it better. The first link doesn't seem to be available in its entirety.

http://www.aatcomment.org.uk/frs-102-directors-transactions-for-small-companies/
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    LenGlover said:

https://www.accountingweb.co.uk/business/financial-reporting/frs-102-creates-element-of-confusion-around-related-party-disclosures

In summary it seems to be down to professional judgement although nobody is absolutely sure

Can't see all of that to read, but Charlton don't qualify as a "small company", which the visible bit seems to be about. They don't meet the relevant criteria.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

LenGlover said:

Can't see all of that to read, but Charlton don't qualify as a "small company", which the visible bit seems to be about. They don't meet the relevant criteria.
    Is Charlton's turnover more than £10.2 m and its balance sheet total more than £5.1m in league 1?

https://www.hwfisher.co.uk/frs-102-and-small-companies/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redskin said:

Let's say her is salary is made public.
    Then what?

This ?
    I would agree but as it is something they want to hide maybe there is something to hide.

I don't care what she gets paid but it's clearly an issue for her.
    The issue may be her being embarrassed by what she gets paid.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Is Charlton's turnover more than £10.2 m and its balance sheet total more than £5.1m in league 1?

We're talking about the 15/16 accounts though.

Also - they are not relying on an exemption. They are actually disclosing directors' remuneration as zero and specifying that they don't have to disclose pay as chief executve.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

£6.5m and £3.26m. You will know better than me of course but still sounds high for league 1.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

£6.5m and £3.26m. You will know better than me of course but still sounds high for league 1.
    Turnover was £12.1m in the accounting period we're discussing.
  • Options

I don't give a fuck about her , I want all stress and shit poured on her
    She has fucked up mine and my kids Charlton Life so I shit all her problems on her and may they continue till she fucks off outta my life

Disclaimer : 2 days all day drinking at Lords may have led to my foul language but the underlying feeling is I don't give a shit about that back and front cos she doesn't give a toss about us no matter what her fake platitudes are .

THINK I understand where you're coming from, oohaah.....
  • Options

She has fucked up mine and my kids Charlton Life so I shit all her problems on her and may they continue till she fucks off outta my life

Disclaimer : 2 days all day drinking at Lords may have led to my foul language but the underlying feeling is I don't give a shit about that back and front cos she doesn't give a toss about us no matter what her fake platitudes are .

I agree, I don't care about her either. But the middle ground support, might start drifting toward her.

(A bit like the recent election).
  • Options
    Could she be paid as a consultant?
  • Options

Sober 0%, slightly pissed 0%, pissed 25%, lagging 75%
    Very good @eaststandmike
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2017

Could she be paid as a consultant?

It doesn't make any difference. If she is paid to be chief executive by Charlton Athletic Football Co, as both she and Joyes have confirmed, all the evidence and professional advice I've been given says her salary has to be declared as directors' remuneration, just like her predecessors'.
  • Options

Redskin said:

Then what?

This ?
    I would agree but as it is something they want to hide maybe there is something to hide.

but she won't be embarrassed by it.

She has been placed in a job by a family friend who will probably never sack or replace her.
    Everyone in football who has taken an interest knows she is not up to the job.

Embarrassed. No chance.
  • Options

I agree, I don't care about her either. But the middle ground support, might start drifting toward her.

(A bit like the recent election).
    Disagree there, too much water under the bridge.
  • Options

Redskin said:

Then what?

This ?

but she won't be embarrassed by it.

She has been placed in a job by a family friend who will probably never sack or replace her.
    Everyone in football who has taken an interest knows she is not up to the job.

Embarrassed. No chance.
    Fair comment.