Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Star Sixes O2 13th July - 16th July

Comments

• Options

Scotland out in the group stage as always!

Referee against England was a disgrace. Scotland had two clear penalties disallowed.
  • Options

Referee against England was a disgrace. Scotland had two clear penalties disallowed.
    Oh well.
  • Options

Oh well.
    I didn't say I was bothered. Just pointing it out.
  • Options
    Any ideas why about a quarter of the crowd disappeared for the England game? I know it was shite after watching Brazil, Italy and Spain but...
  • Options

Oh well.
    I didn't say I was bothered. Just pointing it out.
    I know mate, was only joking. As it's the Scots.
  • Options

Any ideas why about a quarter of the crowd disappeared for the England game? I know it was shite after watching Brazil, Italy and Spain but...

Still hoping for empty seats tomorrow, fancy going to sit behind the dugouts.
  • Options
    Was there last night. Very sparse crowd, considering some of the big names on show.

Highlights include:

- Former Fulham goalkeeper Maik Taylor coming on as a substitute for Nigeria
    - David James DJing on a booth that had a fan sofa on it, but nobody really having any interest in either
  • Options
    Maik Taylor's Nigeria debut is odd!
  • Options
    Really enjoyed that last night, thanks again Stu!
  • Options
    A lot of legends in one photo!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hope they do this again, didn't plan ahead enough this year to go as it didn't seem to be too well publicised, but my kids watched a lot of it and would love to go.

• Options
    I hope they do too.

A Dutch team would be very good.
  • Options

No worries mate, also went last night, was that the view you had or did you swap seats? we had good seats but was going to move along the side but didn't bother in the end. It was a good night though.
  • Options
    Who won?
  • Options

Who won?

France beat Denmark in the final 2-1.
  • Options
    Weren't tickets originally about £50-£75 for this? No wonder no-one showed up.
  • Options

No worries mate, also went last night, was that the view you had or did you swap seats? we had good seats but was going to move along the side but didn't bother in the end. It was a good night though.
    We moved after the first game - other seats were decent but behind one end so we thought the half way line would be better!

They were policing the first 4 (I think VIP) rows so sat a couple of rows behind that - brilliant view!
  • Options

http://starsixes.com/tickets/
  • Options

Serves them right then ! Silly money for what it is.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Should surely have been a flat £20 | £10 priced ticket for that sort of thing

Really miss the Masters Football that was shown on SKY all the time... Charlton used to do quite well didnt they?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shine166 said:

Should surely have been a flat £20 | £10 priced ticket for that sort of thing

Really miss the Masters Football that was shown on SKY all the time... Charlton used to do quite well didnt they?
    Yer we (cafc) used to do great in those
  • Options

Jesus - who was in charge of the pricing strategy? Katrien Meire??
  • Options
    I actually quite enjoyed watching some of it on TV (although the coverage seemed to exaggerate the importance of the thing) - not sure if this was because it was actually enjoyable or because I'm football starved at the moment.
  • Options

Got a ticket for free for the quarter finals. Was great to see Englands golden generation rolling back the years and getting beat by a load of fat old bald Danish men.

Dont need to see that happen with the older players... Will no doubt get to see it next year too ;)
  • Options
    I really enjoyed my Friday night down there, especially at £1.50 per ticket. No chance they do it again though, they must have lost a shedload. The o2 isn't cheap to hire and no doubt the appearance fees would be steep

Shows you what being unrealistic in pricing will do. I wonder how many £1.50s they sold in an already sparse crowd
  • Options
    I reckon it'll happen once more at least with better marketing and more realistic ticket prices, should be £20...would be better supported I think now people have seen what it's like
  • Options

I really enjoyed my Friday night down there, especially at £1.50 per ticket. No chance they do it again though, they must have lost a shedload. The o2 isn't cheap to hire and no doubt the appearance fees would be steep

Shows you what being unrealistic in pricing will do. I wonder how many £1.50s they sold in an already sparse crowd

One of a group of lads behind us did crack me up when Roberto Carlos wasn't coming on and he piped up "Come on Carlos, get on, I want my one pound fifty's worth!"
  • Options
    Wish i had heard about it sooner as i would have gone, watched alot of it on TV - up until Semis. Some great names there, even postiga can still finish, i do think he was a bit under-rated at Spurs and went on to score goals at Porto.
    England same old, out in quarters. We played far too slow, Denmark only had to sit back and hit us on the counter and we didnt get near their goal other then the bit of quality from Gerrard when he scored. We need a shape up next year, Lee Hendrie shouldnt be in any sort of England legends, Merson too old cant remember him doing much. David James and Gerrard were the only players who seemed to do ok, Owen in and out of games.
  • Options

Wish i had heard about it sooner as i would have gone, watched alot of it on TV - up until Semis. Some great names there, even postiga can still finish, i do think he was a bit under-rated at Spurs and went on to score goals at Porto.
    England same old, out in quarters. We played far too slow, Denmark only had to sit back and hit us on the counter and we didnt get near their goal other then the bit of quality from Gerrard when he scored. We need a shape up next year, Lee Hendrie shouldnt be in any sort of England legends, Merson too old cant remember him doing much. David James and Gerrard were the only players who seemed to do ok, Owen in and out of games.

Taking it way too seriously, really.

Tell you what though, people who never really relied on pace should do well in it, I'd like to see Crouch and Lampard play for us if there's another one