Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How was Vettel not disqualified today?

Comments

• Options
    Vettels behaviour was bad.
    Belgian TV said Vettel was in the wrong - at least I think that's what they said.!
  • Options

Don't understand all the fuss surrounding F1. WTC and BTC is more exciting. For skill and commitment World Superbikes, British Superbikes and the IOM TT Beats it hands down.

This, all day long. F1 is armchair motor racing for people who dont go to Motor Racing unless its birthday present or something. Its Motor Racings Man U.
  • Options

MarcusH26 said:

3 more points on Vettele licence and he's banned for a race. I wouldn't bet against this happening, the FIA are trying hard to add drama to F1.

Would have to be an incident in Austria for this , 2 of the points are wiped out at Silverstone.
    Yes, it's a 12 month rolling thing.
    I'm surprised his team management didn't tell him to either shut up or admit he made the mistake, although I would have thought a 29 year old man could behave like a man and not a 9 year old without the need of advice from others.
    I didn't like Vettel when he was winning in the far-superior car, but since he's been an also-ran, he won me over by being gracious and fair in defeat, and I actually quite like seeing him succeed now. I guess being in a title race again is testing his temperament again.
  • Options
    I think the 10 sec stop and go was a correct call.

The stewards waited quite a while to issue it. If hamiliton had retired due to damage I suspect they would have disqualified vettel.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Maybe you'd be happier opening a thread about that, rather than insulting the posters in this one?

Is that aimed at me Jimbo?
  • Options

The stewards waited quite a while to issue it. If hamiliton had retired due to damage I suspect they would have disqualified vettel.

Maybe, but surely they have to discourage vengeful wheel-butting? Sets a dangerous precedent otherwise.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Don't understand all the fuss surrounding F1. WTC and BTC is more exciting. For skill and commitment World Superbikes, British Superbikes and the IOM TT Beats it hands down.

This, all day long. F1 is armchair motor racing for people who dont go to Motor Racing unless its birthday present or something. Its Motor Racings Man U.
    I'll never understand why people feel the need to post on threads that hold no interest for them, telling everybody that what they're talking about is boring and pointless.
    Hmmm...an opinion on a message board......like in music threads where opinion differs.
    You see the thing is, I am interested in F1, F1 used to be great, but like the Prem League its become a circus.
    I mix with a lot of petrol heads, real motor racing fans, people that go to various motor racing events most weekends during the season, and the majority agree that its not that exciting and most other forms of motor racing are far more exciting and competitive.
    Now if that revelation offends you, then be offended, thats absolutely fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you come in with a constructive or informative opinion, then that's good for discussion. Dismissing and mocking others for liking something, apparently because you feel you know more than them, that's not the same thing at all.

I'm sure there are many forms of motor sport that have plenty of attractive qualities too. If you want to convert or convince others of this, you might want to reconsider your influence and persuasion skills, cos I don't think the "you're all idiots, I know better than you" approach is going to be very effective.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Greenie said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Maybe you'd be happier opening a thread about that, rather than insulting the posters in this one?

Is that aimed at me Jimbo?
    You must watch a lot of Columbo.
    Very good, I should have known because you didn't quote me......

You may remember but we dont converse with each other on here because, well, you insulted my family, and now you have come out of nowhere accusing me of insulting people on a message board where opinions are given, I guess because my opinion differs from yours?
    Now I could just tell you to fuck off, but I wont do that, its rude, so what I will say, lets just ignore each other, its worked well so far.

Have a nice day.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Maybe, but surely they have to discourage vengeful wheel-butting? Sets a dangerous precedent otherwise.
    I dont think Vettel did that on purpose. Looked to me as if he lost concentration and the car veered into hamilton. Still obviously not acceptable but would have been a harsh DQ imo
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

I'll never understand why people feel the need to post on threads that hold no interest for them, telling everybody that what they're talking about is boring and pointless.
    Hmmm...an opinion on a message board......like in music threads where opinion differs.
    You see the thing is, I am interested in F1, F1 used to be great, but like the Prem League its become a circus.
    I mix with a lot of petrol heads, real motor racing fans, people that go to various motor racing events most weekends during the season, and the majority agree that its not that exciting and most other forms of motor racing are far more exciting and competitive.

I'm not offended. I just see this sort of thing quite often, the NFL threads get a lot of it, it's pretty tiresome. I'm at home, off work sick, bored and grumpy and I just bit on this occasion.

Your explanatory post is fairly reasonable and I agree with a lot of it about the sterile corporate zoo that F1 has become. I enjoy NASCAR, although a lot of people dismiss that as 500 boring miles of rednecks driving in circles, but its always close and plenty of incident going on throughout.

I'd just ask that you read back your first post and that you ask yourself - what did it actually contribute to the discussion on Vettel's sporting ethics and the FIA's reluctance to deal firmly with Ferrari.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

I'm not offended. I just see this sort of thing quite often, the NFL threads get a lot of it, it's pretty tiresome. I'm at home, off work sick, bored and grumpy and I just bit on this occasion.

Your explanatory post is fairly reasonable and I agree with a lot of it about the sterile corporate zoo that F1 has become. I enjoy NASCAR, although a lot of people dismiss that as 500 boring miles of rednecks driving in circles, but its always close and plenty of incident going on throughout.

I'd just ask that you read back your first post and that you ask yourself - what did it actually contribute to the discussion on Vettel's sporting ethics and the FIA's reluctance to deal firmly with Ferrari.
    I dont go on threads that dont interest me. NFL, Horse Racing, Cricket, betting etc. But like I said earlier F1 does, or rather, used to interest me.
    Also re my contribution, I quoted and responded to Wrinkley_Addick_SE9's comment, so I was addressing a like minded person who shares similar views to myself.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

I dont go on threads that dont interest me. NFL, Horse Racing, Cricket, betting etc. But like I said earlier F1 does, or rather, used to interest me.
    Also re my contribution, I quoted and responded to Wrinkley_Addick_SE9's comment, so I was addressing a like minded person who shares similar views to myself.

Fair enough.

Out of interest, as a disillusioned ex F1 fan what's your take on Hamilton/Vettel crash?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Fair enough.

Out of interest, as a disillusioned ex F1 fan what's your take on Hamilton/Vettel crash?
    Vettels fault, telemetry shows no brake testing by Hamilton, and Vettel tried to be clever and nerfed it up, BUT as someone else said on here, Ferrari drivers are the golden boys of F1, so he wont get the ban he should have, again another reason why F1 is going down in my estimation.
    Also FWIW, personally I think that Lewis Hamilton is arguably the best driver of this current F1 generation and I would to see him have a go at Indycar..
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Fair enough.

Vettels fault, telemetry shows no brake testing by Hamilton, and Vettel tried to be clever and nerfed it up, BUT as someone else said on here, Ferrari drivers are the golden boys of F1, so he wont get the ban he should have, again another reason why F1 is going down in my estimation.
    Also FWIW, personally I think that Lewis Hamilton is arguably the best driver of this current F1 generation and I would to see him have a go at Indycar..

Much as I enjoy US racing the Indycar series is nowhere near as strong as it used to be back in the 90s, when they could attract Nigel Mansell to drive there. The fact that Alonso nearly won the Indy 500 on a busman's holiday and career journeyman Takuma Sato actually did win says a lot about where they're at right now. It would be like taking sweets from children for Hamilton racing there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2017

sam3110 said:

No way did he intend to do it, his hands are all over the place gesticulating at Hamilton, and he's too busy looking over at him to fully be in control of his car.

I love watching the F1 on Sky but by God are our pundits aggressively pro Brit at times, if Vettel brake checked Hamilton like that they'd sing a slightly different tune (they'd still say he's in the wrong, but I'd bet Herbert and Hill would try and justify it)

As for the race, Stroll has got a lot of stick from people so far in his career but his last 2 races suggest there's a talent there

Everyone is allowed an opinion but that is an utter load of bollocks (in my opinion of course).

My 9 year old competes in UK Super One karting and the kids there look up to F1 drivers.

We were racing on Sunday and Dads in the clubhouse along with the officials and stewards at the track couldn't believe what they were seeing.

I will say this. My son is just turned 9 this weekend. If he did that under yellow flag conditions to a competitor he would

1) Be thrown out the race instantly

2) Be in the car on his way home with me in his ear for utterly embarrassing himself.

He is 9 and I would be telling him to grow up.

How the fuck can a 30 year old 4 time world F1 champ think it's in anyway acceptable? If my 9 year old would need to grow up then fuck knows what Vettel needs to do
    I think not everybody likes Hamilton, but they show themselves up being critical of him and being lenient with Vettel. I think a lot of fellow drivers were incredulous about what Vettel did. One of the problems is that people get bigger penalties for having their gearbox fail or engine expiring. It should be a no no in the sport driving deliberately into another driver. I really think Vettel needs to apologise to Hamilton now and sincerely!
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Fair enough.

Much as I enjoy US racing the Indycar series is nowhere near as strong as it used to be back in the 90s, when they could attract Nigel Mansell to drive there. The fact that Alonso nearly won the Indy 500 on a busman's holiday and career journeyman Takuma Sato actually did win says a lot about where they're at right now. It would be like taking sweets from children for Hamilton racing there.
    To be fair, our Nige was the motor racing equivalent of those actors who would pitch up for the opening of an envelope.
    He'd race in anything anywhere because he just enjoyed it so much.
    In 1993 at Donnington he actually qualified 2nd in the TVR Tuscan Challenge - a not inconsiderable achievement in a car which was (still is, they still run) a monster to drive - but never got to race because he wrecked his Mondeo in the BTTC race earlier in the afternoon and ended up in hospital. The prize money for both races were peanuts but he just wanted to race.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Fair enough.

To be fair, our Nige was the motor racing equivalent of those actors who would pitch up for the opening of an envelope.
    He'd race in anything anywhere because he just enjoyed it so much.
    In 1993 at Donnington he actually qualified 2nd in the TVR Tuscan Challenge - a not inconsiderable achievement in a car which was (still is, they still run) a monster to drive - but never got to race because he wrecked his Mondeo in the BTTC race earlier in the afternoon and ended up in hospital. The prize money for both races were peanuts but he just wanted to race.

True, to a degree. Mansell was a victim of his own awkward personality and losing the silly season game of musical chairs, but he was the reigning F1 champion at the time and it was still a big deal. Really can't see a reigning F1 champion stepping down to Indycar these days, not even Nico Rosberg!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Jirman driving a Deigo car... Hmm.

FIA an organisation ruled over by bloody foreigners!!

Bound to be dodgy.

(I will edit when i find someone else to offend.)
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

I dont think Vettel did that on purpose. Looked to me as if he lost concentration and the car veered into hamilton. Still obviously not acceptable but would have been a harsh DQ imo
    are you Vettel's brother by any chance ? How can you say he didn't mean it / lost concentration. He ran into the back of Hamilton (who's telemetry now shows that he did not brake or change the way he cornered under a previous safety car ) & then he got a bit of road rage by pulling alongside Hamilton (which I thought was a no-no under safety car rules) & then consciously turned his steering wheel towards Hamilton & effectively rammed him. Should have been given a harsher penalty - either a bigger stop-go penalty, Points deduction (if that is allowed) DQ'd or has to start at the back of the grid next race. The points added to his licence will have no effect as previous ones will be wiped in 2 races time.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Missed It said:

Greenie said:

Fair enough.

Sorry, did someone mention Indycar and boring?
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Too right,nothing beats a bit of knee on the floor,full throttle,fairing bashing action.
  • Options
    Sorry, did someone mention bike racing and boring?
  • Options

Hope not, if they did there is a serious lack of testosterone on this forum. No offense to the ladies on here.
  • Options

Haha. Try a circuit of the iom TT, or even stand at the bottom of bray hill.