Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How was Vettel not disqualified today?

124»

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Bottas has just won the Austrian Grand Prix... Haven't seen anything but Vettel has apparently said to him twice (and in his TV interview once) claiming that Bottas must have jump started for him to have had such a good start at the beginning of the race - Like I say I've seen nothing but surely the technology is there to tell straight away if a Driver gets away early?

As for Vettel - Dont you think you should shut the fuck up after the last few weeks and just keep a polite silence over driving incidents?

Tongue in cheek comments after the race from Vettel and Ricciardo about the start, perhaps people should shut the fuck up about Vettel and stop jumping to ridiculous conclusions about throwaway remarks in the driver cooldown room and podium interview?
  • Options
    Well you can clearly see his wheels moving before the start. No one can react that quick!

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Bottas has just won the Austrian Grand Prix... Haven't seen anything but Vettel has apparently said to him twice (and in his TV interview once) claiming that Bottas must have jump started for him to have had such a good start at the beginning of the race - Like I say I've seen nothing but surely the technology is there to tell straight away if a Driver gets away early?

As for Vettel - Dont you think you should shut the fuck up after the last few weeks and just keep a polite silence over driving incidents?

Tongue in cheek comments after the race from Vettel and Ricciardo about the start, perhaps people should shut the fuck up about Vettel and stop jumping to ridiculous conclusions about throwaway remarks in the driver cooldown room and podium interview?
    I dont even think Vettel should be making tongue in cheek comments about racing at the moment.

The bloke has let himself down massively after the last race and should just keep him mouth shut and out of the way for a little while
  • Options
    Watched the comments in the cool down room live and if anything it was a compliment "must have been a false start, no one is that fast off the line" said between the drivers with all of them smiling about it.

• Options

Well you can clearly see his wheels moving before the start. No one can react that quick!

Fantastic anticipation from Bottas.

He was still within his box when the lights went out anyway

• Options
    Looked like a terrific start - maybe a bit lucky because maybe closer to a false start than humanly possible, but clearly was legal.

I think Hamilton won't be too upset with the outcome given the gearbox penalty.
  • Options
    Firstly, Bottas would have been studying the lights on the races earlier in the day, trying to judge the count. From the look of it, and the stewards agree, he timed it perfectly in the race.

Secondly, Vettel also made comments on team radio, he knows they are monitored and broadcast, he's do e that to put pressure on the stewards to investigate. Personally I think he should STFU and get on with driving his own car. It's no different that the footballer always in the refs ear trying to pressure him into giving free kicks and bookings.
  • Options
    I think it is reasonable for him to make those comments, even though they were clearly wrong.
  • Options

Firstly, Bottas would have been studying the lights on the races earlier in the day, trying to judge the count. From the look of it, and the stewards agree, he timed it perfectly in the race.

Secondly, Vettel also made comments on team radio, he knows they are monitored and broadcast, he's do e that to put pressure on the stewards to investigate. Personally I think he should STFU and get on with driving his own car. It's no different that the footballer always in the refs ear trying to pressure him into giving free kicks and bookings.

Ricciardo also asked. Naturally they're going to enquire as it's a split second thing and as the video above shows Bottas' car was moving when the lights were still on
  • Options

sam3110 said:

That clip really made me smile :+1: